The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

**VPX Sports has filed a lawsuit with the U.S. District for the Southern District of Florida against Monster Energy and the Reign Beverage Company who is behind the new*Reign Total Body Fuel**

**VPX Sports’ suit claims that the Reign beverage is a “knockoff brand” and that it was launched “to shamelessly copy and cause consumer confusion with VPX’s popular BANG® brand of energy drinks.”** VPX is seeking monetary damages as well as injunctive relief.

bbartsche

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

**VPX Sports has filed a lawsuit with the U.S. District for the Southern District of Florida against Monster Energy and the Reign Beverage Company who is behind the new*Reign Total Body Fuel**

**VPX Sports’ suit claims that the Reign beverage is a “knockoff brand” and that it was launched “to shamelessly copy and cause consumer confusion with VPX’s popular BANG brand of energy drinks.”** VPX is seeking monetary damages as well as injunctive relief.

Aren't they all just copying each other?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Aren't they all just copying each other?
Reign's packaging is damn near identical to Bang hence the copyright infraction and lawsuit for copying VPX's flagship energy drink.

Seeing Bang has been on the market for years, reign is brand new. This is why the company is taking action

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this is why we have prop blend formulas...just sayin

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
They copied design not jusr formula- whole thing one big copy clone and the chinese not involved or no russia to blame
when all else fails-blame trump, lol.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw Reign at the supermarket the other day, my first thought was lawsuit waiting to happen. I think they could get away with the similarly formulated drink itself if the packaging and flavors weren't pretty much identical.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I saw Reign at the supermarket the other day, my first thought was lawsuit waiting to happen. I think they could get away with the similarly formulated drink itself if the packaging and flavors weren't pretty much identical.
Rockstar has one too but the packaging isn’t so close. I wonder if they will get sued too

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I remember a time when i said that brands were coming out with identical supplements to other brands, in formula, flavour and design and people were saying that it was a good thing because of more competition.

The formula clone isn't as big as the design schematic, otherwise a lot of pre workouts would be guilty of product copying

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I guess a huge B on the can versus a helmet is confusing for some.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol vpx man up .. if they aren’t copying ure formula .. stop crying

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just saw a video from bang saying they have a pwo released today called reign and that his what the law suit is about.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Went to a conference that had VPX’s owner and he trashes other companies. Came off like a dick head. Dude makes great stim drinks though.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
VPX will win this with ease.

Reign will be forced to change their name. See that little COPYRIGHT on the bottle?

You guys may not recall but the brand Prescription Nutrition was sued by the FDA. The FDA claimed that the name inferred that they were selling prescription drugs. The feds won that suit (big surprise) and they are now called Raw Dynamix.

I can't see how anyone is surprised. Most of the supplement companies copy each other. Hell Victorias Secret makes tshirts with my companies name on them. I should sue them LOL.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wait, so this Reign isn't Olympus Lab's Reign? This is so confusing.

"Brain and Body Fuel" "Total Body Fuel". HAHA.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
WTF is going on?

Wait; does Monster still have a suit against VPX?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Wait, so this Reign isn't Olympus Lab's Reign? This is so confusing.

"Brain and Body Fuel" "Total Body Fuel". HAHA.
Olympus labs is spelled Re1gn with a 1
The formulas and ingredients in Re1gn v. the Reign RTD are incredibly different and not subject to any deceptive trade practice acts, based on a VPX's claim from the lawsuit. One is a hardcore pre powder and one is a RTD with a similar ingredient profile to the original BANG energy Drink (Carbonated).

Generally, courts look to a number of factors. The ingredient profile, name, similarity of the product and its intended market consumer will form a very reasonable ground for suit, based on several claims

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They copied design not jusr formula- whole thing one big copy clone and the chinese not involved or no russia to blame
Damn, I was hoping for a delicious Collusion-AID flavor.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Went to a conference that had VPX’s owner and he trashes other companies. Came off like a dick head. Dude makes great stim drinks though.
I respect him for telling the Arnold Classic to shove it up their asses when they tried to extort him into spending hundreds of thousands more on their booth at the last minute. Miss the VPX girls.

RANS0M

RANS0M

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jerry Ward just did a video saying that bang energy has no creatine and trace amounts of coq10 and bcaas.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i love the stuff .. maybe take it like once a week ( usual on saturday to treat myself ) or ill go with new monster-mango flavor.

dont care much for ingredients -being too lil or too less, not expecting high amount of bcaa's/coq10 .. its not what i use for.

But if they have no creatine or they have claimed to found a "SUPER-creatine" yeah they deserve to be punished.

062618focusxt.jpg

Treat your brain & body to something better.

littlepeepee

Awards
the pettiness is real, if your product works it will sell period. they should be focused on their own products, not be chasing some other companies bag.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
the pettiness is real, if your product works it will sell period. they should be focused on their own products, not be chasing some other companies bag.
Not really petty when it's the exact same name though is it lol.

Thats like another brand appearing and trying to sell Jordans.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not really petty when it's the exact same name though is it lol.

Thats like another brand appearing and trying to sell Jordans.
wind-jordans?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
They even copied it down to the "'Branched Chain Amino Acid' Aminos".

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This is pretty common knowledge, it's label dressing.
Yeah, definitely label dressing. Most people just buy for the stim hit anyway

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Monster's Response:

Monster Statement Regarding Unmeritorious Trademark Lawsuit
CORONA, Calif., March 29, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Monster Energy Company (“Monster”) today issued the following statement in response to media and other inquiries related to the unmeritorious trademark lawsuit filed yesterday against Monster by Vital Pharmaceuticals, Inc., d/b/a VPX Sports (“VPX”), a Florida corporation, the maker of Bang energy drinks:

Monster is confident that VPX’s lawsuit will ultimately be dismissed. VPX’s purported acquisition of an unrelated “Reign” trademark two weeks ago is both improper and ineffective.

VPX’s lawsuit is nothing more than a frivolous and bad faith attempt to slow the national release of “Reign Total Body Fuel.” The fact is, this meritless lawsuit will not impede the launch of “Reign Total Body Fuel” in any way. The facts are straightforward:

1. Monster holds trademark and use priority over VPX for its “Reign Total Body Fuel” beverages in “Class 32” – the class that covers these beverages. The “Reign” trademark VPX ostensibly just acquired is for unrelated, high-priced, powdered dietary supplements in “Class 5.” VPX’s “Reign” trademark is not registered for and does not cover beverages in “Class 32” or give VPX priority over Monster’s “Reign Total Body Fuel” beverages. 2. Only weeks ago (March 12, 2019), months after Monster publicly announced the launch of “Reign Total Body Fuel” beverages in mid-January 2019, did a company related to VPX ostensibly buy the unrelated “Reign” trademark in “Class 5,” for what is clearly an ulterior motive. Sales of “Reign Total Body Fuel” commenced over a month ago. When “Reign Total Body Fuel” was launched, VPX’s so-called “Reign” pre-workout energy drink did not exist. In fact, VPX’s newly conceived “Reign” pre workout energy drink was announced just yesterday for the first time; coincidentally, the same day VPX filed its frivolous lawsuit. Monster will challenge VPX’s newly conceived energy drink.

VPX’s lawsuit is also an attempt to shift attention away from the lawsuit filed by Monster against VPX in September 2018 for false advertising, including false and unsupported claims that Bang contains ingredients that it does not have and provides benefits that it does not generate. Particularly telling is the fact that VPX’s alleged Patent on so-called Super Creatine has been cancelled despite Bang continuing to feature such Patent on its Bang drinks. VPX also faces numerous consumer class action lawsuits for its untrue claims related to Bang.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
that could be trouble for vpx if bang doesn't contain creatine since 'super creatine' is on the label!!!

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They should’ve got it chromadex tested. They wouldn’t have been able to publish the results to the courts but at least their legal system team could’ve just said ‘trust us, it passes tests but we’re not allowed to show you’.

Bignick31985

Awards
Carnival Candy in Reign form tastes IDENTICAL to Bang Cotton Candy, lol. Both tasty. I'd buy whichever is cheaper to be honest.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Carnival Candy in Reign form tastes IDENTICAL to Bang Cotton Candy, lol. Both tasty. I'd buy whichever is cheaper to be honest.
Bang Cotton Candy is awesome. Really like the taste of it.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bought my first and last reign today out of curiosity. Razzle berry. Didn’t even finish it. Hail to thee Bang!

Reactions: 00A

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does VPX like to waste money? Their lawsuit is an absolute joke, the pleadings are poorly written and look like a law student drafted them. Also, their corporate counsel drafted the complaint, which is highly unusual and indicates a cheap company who won't hire a competent IP firm. Monster is going to wreck their ****.

Last edited:
00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does VPX like to waste money? Their lawsuit is an absolute joke, the pleadings are poorly written and look like a law student drafted them. Also, their corporate counsel drafted the complaint, which is highly unusual and indicates a cheap company who won't hire a competent IP firm. Monster is going to wreck their ****.
Yeh but monster copied them how much more bait it has to be!! So why **** not defend.. think america only country in word where ppl live on sueing each other

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've had a bunch of Reign recently just to try it. All their flavors taste like a budget BANG one...very flat, somewhat of an aftertaste, not really worth selecting over any BANG offerings.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

The European version of Bang Energy was introduced early last year featuring a slightly different formula, but a taste that is said to be virtually the same. The product has less caffeine as well as BCAAs, arginine, and B vitamins, but no creatine or coQ10 like the original Bang Energy in the US.

In a story from the beverage news website BevNET it is also mentioned that the judge did agree with some of Monster’s claims regarding the use of arginine in the European version of Bang Energy.

Bang B.V. must cease and desist from selling or promoting products in which “L-Arginine” is featured on the package within one month. The company must also stop using the aforementioned pictogram in marketing and promotion.”