Vitamin D3 Supplementation and Sides

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How many people here take vitamin D and get their levels tested? Anyone ever have any side effects?

I've barely slept in 2 weeks, and at first I went through thinking it was my testosterone too high, low estrogen, high estrogen, b-vitamins, low or high dhea, long covid syndrome, and now have landed at vitamin D. My level is now 78 ng/mL. I've been taking 10k iu for 4 years though. My levels typically are 50's to low 60's so I'm not sure what happened, but I'm guessing this is the culprit now as I've read other reports like this on Reddit. My anxiety has been out of control this whole time too and I've lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks (half I'm sure is just glycogen).

In August my level was 63 and while I didn't sleep great, it was nothing to be concerned with. But now, looking back, it seems if my levels are above 60, anything that stresses me throughout the day like a tough workout, then I won't sleep but a couple hours. Right now, just taking 5k iu yesterday and I slept 1 hour total. Earlier this week when I took 10k iu, I didnt sleep at all. That happened twice. Skipped it a couple days earlier this week and slept fine. I'm taking it only at 7am and always take 450mg Magnesium Citrate. Yesterday I bumped to 600mg.

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts, please lay it out. Thanks.

B1LL1ST1C

Awards
I’d consider laying off for a bit and reassessing from there. Never worth continuing something that makes you feel worst or has adverse effects. Vitamin D disrupts sleep for me as well when my levels increase to a similar range. I also experienced shortness of breath at times which I thought was bizarre. Went through many trials over the years. Always included magnesium and even K2 a few times. K2 had it’s own side effects which I didn’t like. Having to supplement a bunch of other “cofactors” was a bit of a turnoff as well. Eventually gave up and settled for getting sun as much as possible throughout the year. Luckily my levels don’t seem to dip much below 30 ng/ml in the winter months. Lately I only supplement with things that may directly benefit my fitness goals. Everything else I try and rely on my diet for.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’d consider laying off for a bit and reassessing from there. Never worth continuing something that makes you feel worst or has adverse effects. Vitamin D disrupts sleep for me as well when my levels increase to a similar range. I also experienced shortness of breath at times which I thought was bizarre. Went through many trials over the years. Always included magnesium and even K2 a few times. K2 had it’s own side effects which I didn’t like. Having to supplement a bunch of other “cofactors” was a bit of a turnoff as well. Eventually gave up and settled for getting sun as much as possible throughout the year. Luckily my levels don’t seem to dip much below 30 ng/ml in the winter months. Lately I only supplement with things that may directly benefit my fitness goals. Everything else I try and rely on my diet for.
Yes, I've had shortness of breath as well and my heart rate is all over the place. Magnesium and stuff controls it, but it's still bizarre. How long did it take your for levels to drop so you can sleep?

B1LL1ST1C

Awards
Yes, I've had shortness of breath as well and my heart rate is all over the place. Magnesium and stuff controls it, but it's still bizarre. How long did it take your for levels to drop so you can sleep?
Started feeling better within days. Much better within a week or two. Sleep steadily improved during this time.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What sides did you get from K2?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had no idea vitamin D could cause shortness of breath. I had that for a little bit while dosing D high for Covid. I get a lot of sinus and allergy stuff so I thought it could be related to that or my sinus meds, but now I have to wonder was I using too much(10,000IU I know high but not unheard of).

In to hear more and will drop to 5000.

Last edited:

B1LL1ST1C

Awards
What sides did you get from K2?
Increased heart rate and blood pressure. Stopped after about a week. Symptoms subsided quickly within a day or two. I’ve read a lot of mixed feedback from others. Some say it helps them aleviate issues caused by D3 and others experience strange effects such as heart palpitations. Everyone’s body is different and may react to things differently. Big believer in that. D3 does feel like it gives me a bump in energy as time goes on. Just became a little spooked by the shortness of breath. Sleeping again at night is nice too. For me it wasn’t as bad where I couldn’t sleep all night. I would just wake up periodically and have a difficult time falling back asleep.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Increased heart rate and blood pressure. Stopped after about a week. Symptoms subsided quickly within a day or two. I’ve read a lot of mixed feedback from others. Some say it helps them aleviate issues caused by D3 and others experience strange effects such as heart palpitations. Everyone’s body is different and may react to things differently. Big believer in that. D3 does feel like it gives me a bump in energy as time goes on. Just became a little spooked by the shortness of breath. Sleeping again at night is nice too. For me it wasn’t as bad where I couldn’t sleep all night. I would just wake up periodically and have a difficult time falling back asleep.
Thanks for the feedback.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How many people here take vitamin D and get their levels tested? Anyone ever have any side effects?

I've barely slept in 2 weeks, and at first I went through thinking it was my testosterone too high, low estrogen, high estrogen, b-vitamins, low or high dhea, long covid syndrome, and now have landed at vitamin D. My level is now 78 ng/mL. I've been taking 10k iu for 4 years though. My levels typically are 50's to low 60's so I'm not sure what happened, but I'm guessing this is the culprit now as I've read other reports like this on Reddit. My anxiety has been out of control this whole time too and I've lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks (half I'm sure is just glycogen).

In August my level was 63 and while I didn't sleep great, it was nothing to be concerned with. But now, looking back, it seems if my levels are above 60, anything that stresses me throughout the day like a tough workout, then I won't sleep but a couple hours. Right now, just taking 5k iu yesterday and I slept 1 hour total. Earlier this week when I took 10k iu, I didnt sleep at all. That happened twice. Skipped it a couple days earlier this week and slept fine. I'm taking it only at 7am and always take 450mg Magnesium Citrate. Yesterday I bumped to 600mg.

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts, please lay it out. Thanks.
Isn't difficulty sleeping a side effect from covid? If I recall you got it not too long ago, I know from experience it will last off and on for a while after fighting it off. It looks like you also need to just kick back relax, pop 1/2 tab benadryl or ashwaghanda or kanna or SNS stress/anxiety.

Last edited:
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Isn't difficulty sleeping a side effect from covid? If I recall you got it not too long ago, I know from experience it will last off and on for a while after fighting it off. It looks like you also need to just kick back relax, pop 1/2 tab benadryl or ashwaghanda or kanna or SNS stress/anxiety.
I've been over xovid for 6 weeks and had several weeks of great sleep after covid until this happened. For how easy my case was, I find it hard to believe I'm still messed up from it. Maybe though, but I still think this d3 level is too high and I have tweaking to do on my TRT both of which could be contributing.

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
Been taking 5k IU everyday in AM with some fat for years (7 or 8?). Just tested and my level is at 64 (range 30 - 100). I decided to bump up to 10k IU 3 x a week and 5k IU 4 x a week in the colder months, then drop back to 5k IU ED in the sunnier months as I like to get sun on my skin when it isn't frigid out. No issues so far. I also take k2/MK7 daily and a bit more on 10K IU days. No noticable sides.

Edit: I also take 400 mg Magnesium Citrate every night.

Last edited:
mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been over xovid for 6 weeks and had several weeks of great sleep after covid until this happened. For how easy my case was, I find it hard to believe I'm still messed up from it. Maybe though, but I still think this d3 level is too high and I have tweaking to do on my TRT both of which could be contributing.
@GreenMachineX I know your feelings about Covid but I agree with @McBurly. Covid leaves your body in a heightened state for weeks sometimes months on end. My case was mild as well but as i’ve shared with you before, I essentially went through the same thing you’re going through now. Terrible anxiety, weight loss, shortness of breath while talking and moving around, and couldn’t sleep for ****. Could other things be contributing? Yes, but it’s most likely the heightened state your body is still in from Covid

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@GreenMachineX I know your feelings about Covid but I agree with @McBurly. Covid leaves your body in a heightened state for weeks sometimes months on end. My case was mild as well but as i’ve shared with you before, I essentially went through the same thing you’re going through now. Terrible anxiety, weight loss, shortness of breath while talking and moving around, and couldn’t sleep for ****. Could other things be contributing? Yes, but it’s most likely the heightened state your body is still in from Covid
Just reading over this again. Did you also have what seemed like adrenaline rushes? Uncomfortable stimmed up feeling but without any known catalyst?

I managed to get 5 broken hours of sleep last night before the "jacked" feeling started. 100mg niacin, 250mg lemon balm, 300mg magnesium citrate and 1mg melatonin gave me 3 straight hours of sleep. But that's better than 1 hour the previous 2 nights.

I also seem to be reacting to everything. Even 1g vitamin C jacks me up. It's crazy.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
maybe it's something that the pills are made out of that you are reacting to? does drinking vitamin D fortified milk do that to you? maybe you can try a liquid dropper style supplement?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
maybe it's something that the pills are made out of that you are reacting to? does drinking vitamin D fortified milk do that to you? maybe you can try a liquid dropper style supplement?
Well, it wasn't always like this. I was stable for a year with basically the same supplements and brands.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's just your body going ape **** after the infection, things will take time but slowly you will get back to normal.
Same thing happened to me back in July during the delta wave. I would take half a 25mg benadryl tab to sleep and it would jack me up and maybe i'd get 2-3 hours of sleep but was still somehow able to function at a relatively high caliber at work. Other times I'd take the half dose of benadryl and I would feel like I was absolutely drunk or high and pass out.

Just be prepared to sometimes not sleep and thats ok. Go watch some tv and relax, read a book, do anything other than tossing and turning in bed trying to sleep. I also felt exercise helped me sleep better, nothing overly intense.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's just your body going ape **** after the infection, things will take time but slowly you will get back to normal.
Same thing happened to me back in July during the delta wave. I would take half a 25mg benadryl tab to sleep and it would jack me up and maybe i'd get 2-3 hours of sleep but was still somehow able to function at a relatively high caliber at work. Other times I'd take the half dose of benadryl and I would feel like I was absolutely drunk or high and pass out.

Just be prepared to sometimes not sleep and thats ok. Go watch some tv and relax, read a book, do anything other than tossing and turning in bed trying to sleep. I also felt exercise helped me sleep better, nothing overly intense.
That's interesting you mention feeling jacked up. That happens to me sometimes without any known catalyst the past couple weeks. Some things I know do it, like theanine. One dose might mellow me out, one might make me alert as anything (but still lowers anxiety, calm yet too alert). I've had 2 days in a row with 5-6 broken hours sleep. Much better than zero. Probably going to go out and get cbd as I've read on reddit that it helps some long haulers.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Update here: my insomnia has nothing to do with vitamin D it seems as I was still struggling for sleep 3 days after stopping with a blood test confirming my levels dropped to 59. They'd also interesting though how my levels dropped 19 points in 3 days.

B1LL1ST1C

Awards
Update here: my insomnia has nothing to do with vitamin D it seems as I was still struggling for sleep 3 days after stopping with a blood test confirming my levels dropped to 59. They'd also interesting though how my levels dropped 19 points in 3 days.
That’s a fast drop off. Interesting indeed . At least you ruled that out.

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you tested your level twice in the same day there would be a variance.

A lot of variables to consider including machine accuracy, if you take off 10% for machine accuracy then allow for hormonal fluctuations it probably wouldn't be so severe. But i agree it does look bad on paper.

Good to hear that you have ruled this out though because i give a lot of vitamin D and have never heard of any of these symptoms being related.

Even though i know you're aware of it, every single thing you have listed is directed towards anxiety, perhaps you need to focus a bit more on that. Anxiety management doesn't need to be all supplements and drugs too, maybe looking at taking less supplements could be beneficial in this situation(given that it looks like you take a lot).

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interesting stuff. Being a little under a month past covaids I wonder if that’s my problem sleeping lately too. Granted all my symptoms point to omnicron but still could be the culprit.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've not read much of this thread, but I have a lot of success improving sleep by taking the following, pre-bed:

3.5 Gr AAKG
500 Mg L-Theanine
675 Gr Ashwagandha
2.0 Gr Taurine
5.0 Gr Glutamine
2.0 Gr Inositol
500 Mg Magnesium

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you tested your level twice in the same day there would be a variance.

A lot of variables to consider including machine accuracy, if you take off 10% for machine accuracy then allow for hormonal fluctuations it probably wouldn't be so severe. But i agree it does look bad on paper.

Good to hear that you have ruled this out though because i give a lot of vitamin D and have never heard of any of these symptoms being related.

Even though i know you're aware of it, every single thing you have listed is directed towards anxiety, perhaps you need to focus a bit more on that. Anxiety management doesn't need to be all supplements and drugs too, maybe looking at taking less supplements could be beneficial in this situation(given that it looks like you take a lot).
The problem with the anxiety diagnosis is its just as much of a catch all as covid. "Rash on your butt? Yeah, it's covid." Aside from that, only the symptoms I've listed point toward anxiety. Dry skin, muscle cramps/tightness, bizarre heart rate variability, etc are not anxiety-induced.

Regarding the vitamin D levels, yeah, good points. Thanks.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The problem with the anxiety diagnosis is its just as much of a catch all as covid. "Rash on your butt? Yeah, it's covid." Aside from that, only the symptoms I've listed point toward anxiety. Dry skin, muscle cramps/tightness, bizarre heart rate variability, etc are not anxiety-induced.

Actually they are anxiety induced (minus the dry skin). Its what Ive been trying to tell you. Anxiety causes your body to release adrenaline and while its good when we need it, its terrible when we don’t. Your body is in a constant state of fight or flight. Total systemic inflammation. Muscle cramps/tightness/spasms, bizarre heart rate, insomia, those are ALL classis symtoms of anxiety. We don’t realize how much anxiety can cause physical effects. You have to get that under control.

Last edited:
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Actually they are anxiety induced (minus the dry skin). Its what Ive been trying to tell you. Anxiety causes your body to release adrenaline and while its good when we need it, its terrible when we don’t. Your body is in a constant state of fight or flight. Total systemic inflammation. Muscle cramps/tightness/spasms, bizarre heart rate, insomia, those are ALL classis symtoms of anxiety. We don’t realize how much anxiety can cause physical effects. You have to get that under control.
I hear you, and I have anxiety when I have it. When I don't, it's not anxiety. I've had anxiety for most of my life and I know what it does and feels like. This ain't it. For example, the heart rate variability...from sitting down, I stand up and my heart rate flies over 100 for a few minutes whereas my wife's stays about the same. Heart rate is a nice even 60 while laying in bed for hours with insomnia, but anywhere from 70's to 80's just chilling, calm as can be watching a movie. So we're not talking about regular anxiety jitters with sweaty palms. Sometimes in the middle of the night, I get out of breath AFTER laying back down after going to the bathroom, not from exertion. No other symptoms of heart failure either. I'll post more later.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Man, I've been going through those same symptoms since I got covid last week. The heart rate variability is the worst though as when it jumps, I get hot/sweaty and very short-tempered. When it drops back down I get really cold and usually have to put on a sweater or something. Never experienced anything like it before and there doesn't seem to be anything that sets it off.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hear you, and I have anxiety when I have it. When I don't, it's not anxiety. I've had anxiety for most of my life and I know what it does and feels like. This ain't it. For example, the heart rate variability...from sitting down, I stand up and my heart rate flies over 100 for a few minutes whereas my wife's stays about the same. Heart rate is a nice even 60 while laying in bed for hours with insomnia, but anywhere from 70's to 80's just chilling, calm as can be watching a movie. So we're not talking about regular anxiety jitters with sweaty palms. Sometimes in the middle of the night, I get out of breath AFTER laying back down after going to the bathroom, not from exertion. No other symptoms of heart failure either. I'll post more later.
Man, I've been going through those same symptoms since I got covid last week. The heart rate variability is the worst though as when it jumps, I get hot/sweaty and very short-tempered. When it drops back down I get really cold and usually have to put on a sweater or something. Never experienced anything like it before and there doesn't seem to be anything that sets it off.
Hey @GreenMachineX just thought about something, look up Postural tachycardia syndrome (POTS) and Covid infection

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey @GreenMachineX just thought about something, look up Postural tachycardia syndrome (POTS) and Covid infection
Thank you! I'm still reading up on that but that might be the case. I've also found an article on the association between POTS and Mast Cell Activation Disorders. Maybe this partially explains why benadryl has been the only thing to help the symptoms lately (and also one of the few things that has consistently over the years helped with my anxiety issues).

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Already knew about mcas playa lol
Update here: when my vitamin D was supposedly 59, I just got the result for the 1,25 D test and it was very top of range (73 from range 19-79). They was 3 days off taking any D, so I'm back to thinking this is at least part of what's going on. Took 10k iu yesterday, slept 4 hours last night. Ugh.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Update here: when my vitamin D was supposedly 59, I just got the result for the 1,25 D test and it was very top of range (73 from range 19-79). They was 3 days off taking any D, so I'm back to thinking this is at least part of what's going on. Took 10k iu yesterday, slept 4 hours last night. Ugh.
If you took the 10k vit D, to test your reaction... I totally understand.
Now that you've done that (if I were you) I'd Never take over 4-5k ever again.

:)(y)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you took the 10k vit D, to test your reaction... I totally understand.
Now that you've done that (if I were you) I'd Never take over 4-5k ever again.

:)(y)
captain obvious to the rescue!!!

very good point, imo.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For the record here, vitamin D was not my issue. Sleeping better now with increased b12...turns out I was on edge of deficiency.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For the record here, vitamin D was not my issue. Sleeping better now with increased b12...turns out I was on edge of deficiency.
How much b12 did you end up adding? I ordered a combined methyfolate/methylcolbaline supplement a couple days ago after getting results back that I was low (along with vitamin d).

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How much b12 did you end up adding? I ordered a combined methyfolate/methylcolbaline supplement a couple days ago after getting results back that I was low (along with vitamin d).
I do injectable B12 if you're open to that

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do injectable B12 if you're open to that
Not opposed but wouldn't that have to be done at the doctor's office? If so, I'd pass mainly because I don't see me following through with something like that (only go once a year as it is because my health insurance requires it).

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I actually didn't add much at all. From 225mcg to 300mcg, and started eating 4 whole eggs again every day. Can't argue though that it worked. I'll be adding more b12 in a different form soon though...hydroxycobalamin, since I hyperrespond to methylcobalamin. What were your levels in b12 and D?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not opposed but wouldn't that have to be done at the doctor's office? If so, I'd pass mainly because I don't see me following through with something like that (only go once a year as it is because my health insurance requires it).
typically people only go to a facility for IV administration. which is totally ok, but at home I just do IM or subcutaneous injections.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually didn't add much at all. From 225mcg to 300mcg, and started eating 4 whole eggs again every day. Can't argue though that it worked. I'll be adding more b12 in a different form soon though...hydroxycobalamin, since I hyperrespond to methylcobalamin. What were your levels in b12 and D?
B12 was 350 (forget the units) and D was 21.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
B12 was 350 (forget the units) and D was 21.
If the range for your b12 was the same as mine (250-900), then we're in the same boat. Mine was 369. My vit D was 49 after a month at 6k iu per day. Bumping that up to 8500iu per day. Did you have symptoms?

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If the range for your b12 was the same as mine (250-900), then we're in the same boat. Mine was 369. My vit D was 49 after a month at 6k iu per day. Bumping that up to 8500iu per day. Did you have symptoms?
Same symptoms as I've had for about a decade...tired most of the time, insomnia, brain fog, nausea often, etc. I just asked him to test B12 on a whim this time (he wouldn't even test for vitamin d if I didn't ask each visit). The supplement I ordered has 1,000 mcg of methyfolate and 4,000 mcg of methylcobaline per 3 capsules (along with B-6, tyrosine, TMG and L-Phenylalanine ). I'm just going to start with 1 capsule each day. Hopefully that will put some pep in my step because caffeine just doesn't cut it anymore (and I'm well overdue for a break from caffeine).

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Same symptoms as I've had for about a decade...tired most of the time, insomnia, brain fog, nausea often, etc. I just asked him to test B12 on a whim this time (he wouldn't even test for vitamin d if I didn't ask each visit). The supplement I ordered has 1,000 mcg of methyfolate and 4,000 mcg of methylcobaline per 3 capsules (along with B-6, tyrosine, TMG and L-Phenylalanine ). I'm just going to start with 1 capsule each day. Hopefully that will put some pep in my step because caffeine just doesn't cut it anymore (and I'm well overdue for a break from caffeine).
No anxiety or muscle weakness/shakiness? I've had those and your symptoms for just a few months and that was enough to send me on a mission to figure it out. Not sure how you made it a decade like that! I'm using 1 cap of Thorne 2 Per Day right now with a little extra methylfolate and niacin (the Niacin prevents the overstimulation from the b12 and methylfolate).

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No anxiety or muscle weakness/shakiness? I've had those and your symptoms for just a few months and that was enough to send me on a mission to figure it out. Not sure how you made it a decade like that! I'm using 1 cap of Thorne 2 Per Day right now with a little extra methylfolate and niacin (the Niacin prevents the overstimulation from the b12 and methylfolate).
I've always had anxiety (as long as I can remember). I also have essential tremor. So, my hands are pretty shaky a lot anyway (especially when too stimulated or hungry). Yes to the muscle weakness. However, I have children and insomnia, so figured they were just stealing all my energy and strength... I used to take the Thorne 2 per day multivitamin (it's great) but eventually stopped taking multivitamins because something in them increased my anxiety too much. Thanks for the heads-up about niacin. The sleep supplement I started last night has a pretty good dose of niacin. However, if that's not enough to offset any overstimulation from the B9/B12 product (assuming I do experience that), then I'll add more separately.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've always had anxiety (as long as I can remember). I also have essential tremor. So, my hands are pretty shaky a lot anyway (especially when too stimulated or hungry). Yes to the muscle weakness. However, I have children and insomnia, so figured they were just stealing all my energy and strength... I used to take the Thorne 2 per day multivitamin (it's great) but eventually stopped taking multivitamins because something in them increased my anxiety too much. Thanks for the heads-up about niacin. The sleep supplement I started last night has a pretty good dose of niacin. However, if that's not enough to offset any overstimulation from the B9/B12 product (assuming I do experience that), then I'll add more separately.
Man, we sound pretty similar. Vitamins increase my anxiety also, but I'm deficient and can't function without them it seems. Although, there is one called "B-Minus" I think, and it has hydroxycobalamin and folinic acid instead for people sensitive to methyl B's. I may get that at some point and add extra hydroxycobalamin. I'm tired of spending money on things that I end up not being able to take though.

You're about to take massive doses of the methyls, have the niacin ready so you don't have to wait for delivery. 50-100mg works for me.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll have to check out the B-Minus product. That sounds like it might be pretty good. Completely understand how you feel about spending money on products and not being able to use them. I've been having great luck with sabroxy lately. Hopefully that continues.

My current sleep product has 150 mg of niacin. So, hopefully that will be enough. If not, there's a couple vitamin and natural foods stores nearby that carry it. Also, the product is really meant as a mood/anti-anxiety supplement for daytime use. I just used it for sleep because of the tryptophan in it. So, I could always take it at the same time as the B9/B12 product to calm things down (if needed).