Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Vitamin D induced hypokalemia

mcc23

Veteran member
I stumbled across this a while ago after noticing that I was unable to obtain any sort of pump in the gym after beginning a moderately high dose of vitamin D (5-6,000 IU's)
It's rather dated.
Invalid Link Removed

Put simply it says that hypercalcemia induced by excessive intakes of vitamin D promoted either increased excretion of potassium, and/or reduced re absorption through the DCT of the kidney.
The first week or so after starting my vitamin D supplementation ( I had a deficiency btw) I was getting INCREDIBLE pumps in the gym. But shortly thereafter it rapidly diminished.

"The present experiments demonstrate that inability to conserve potassium and restriction of ammonia formation are also features of the experimental nephropathy produced by Vitamin D."

I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.
 
Maybe but my point is it can be deadly so you should probably see a doctor to get your potassium levels checked out.
 
Back
Top