Vitamin C

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Whats the best dosage protocol for boosting immune system and wellness on a day to day basis and also for mega dosing when feeling like you're getting sick?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would say 3-6g spaced throughout the day of high quality/bioavailable Vit C would be a great maintenance/immune boosting dose. Saturation point when mega dosing is loose stool :)

I do IV infusions of 25g. Prob once every 3 months or if I feel sickness coming.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I would say 3-6g spaced throughout the day of high quality/bioavailable Vit C would be a great maintenance/immune boosting dose. Saturation point when mega dosing is loose stool :)

I do IV infusions of 25g. Prob once every 3 months or if I feel sickness coming.
Really? Ive never heard of that. Im thinking ill probably start with 3g and see how that treats me

Thor Bara

Thor Bara

Awards
Whats the best dosage protocol for boosting immune system and wellness on a day to day basis and also for mega dosing when feeling like you're getting sick?
5 grams when i'm feeling sick, day to day multi (1 grams) + lots of red oranges during winter.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My protocol is to get powdered Vitamin C - a KG is around $30 usually.

I then get a 1 gallon container, and a scoop that will hold between 4-6 grams of Vitamin C. Then, I fill the container with water, dump in 1 pack of Crystal Light, 1 scoop of Vitamin C and shake and then drink that thoughout the day. In this way I don't really measure, but I tend to drink at least 1 gallon a day like that and should average around 4-6 grams a day, even though I probably get 8-10 grams on some days if I make a second tub. This method also ensures I get plenty of water to flush out the Vitamin C as some people worry about oxalate formation - although I think this is overblown as I've done this for years and years and years with no issues yet.

If I start feeling sick, I jump that to 40-60 grams right away over a couple hours, then up the dose in crystal light to 10 grams and just keep drinking as normal.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I then get a 1 gallon container, and a scoop that will hold between 4-6 grams of Vitamin C. Then, I fill the container with water, dump in 1 pack of Crystal Light, 1 scoop of Vitamin C and shake and then drink that thoughout the day. In this way I don't really measure, but I tend to drink at least 1 gallon a day like that and should average around 4-6 grams a day, even though I probably get 8-10 grams on some days if I make a second tub. This method also ensures I get plenty of water to flush out the Vitamin C as some people worry about oxalate formation - although I think this is overblown as I've done this for years and years and years with no issues yet.

If I start feeling sick, I jump that to 40-60 grams right away over a couple hours, then up the dose in crystal light to 10 grams and just keep drinking as normal.
40-60 grams in a day!!! Wow I would sh1t myself every time I stood up on those doses!

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established

Well then...I don’t see you getting scurvy anytime soon

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established

I dont think im gonna jump up to that right away but see how it treats me at 2-3g a day. Ive never supplemented with vitamin c before but as i get older paying attention to health and wellness is becoming more important. Im starting to realize im not bulletproof... Who knew? Lol

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
40-60 grams in a day!!! Wow I would sh1t myself every time I stood up on those doses!
Lol, I only do that when I might be getting sick or when literally everyone around me is sick. Maybe once per year. And yes, constant toilet time. But it beats the heck out of spending a week in bed miserable. It is less than 1x per year that I will take doses that high.

Well then...I don’t see you getting scurvy anytime soon
LMAO...ummmm...yeah, scurvy is not on my radar. I don't get scurvy, scurvy gets me.

I dont think im gonna jump up to that right away but see how it treats me at 2-3g a day. Ive never supplemented with vitamin c before but as i get older paying attention to health and wellness is becoming more important. Im starting to realize im not bulletproof... Who knew? Lol
Again..I generally take 4-6 grams a day. If you start there, you may have bowel tolerance issues. 3 g a day is a great starting point, and I wouldn't start by taking it all at once. Split it into 2-3 doses.

Honestly, 2-6 grams regularly is more than plenty. I don't tend to think about it too much.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take 3 gramd while under a lot of stress, like intense training. Otherwise, i take 1, or 2 grams.

I like to cycle it where when Im backing off training not pushing things maybe 1 gram, then harder maybe 2 grams, then 3 grams is about the mex. The reason why is bc I feel if I take 3 grams too long the body gets used to it. Ive been doing it this way a long, time as in over a decade.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would recommend using 1g three times a day. This is great for spacing the dosages.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What form do you use for this? Ascorbi acid still or a buffered mineral form?

When I was hitting 20-30 grams, I was cycling between l-ascorbic acid, magnesium ascorbate and sodium ascorbate.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Wow, and I thought I was over doing at times when I would take 1.5-2.0 grams (which is rare).

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What form do you use for this? Ascorbi acid still or a buffered mineral form?

When I was hitting 20-30 grams, I was cycling between l-ascorbic acid, magnesium ascorbate and sodium ascorbate.
I just use ascorbic acid. It's cheap and effective.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow, and I thought I was over doing at times when I would take 1.5-2.0 grams (which is rare).
Haha. I think this is how most people feel. I think that is why they all think people are crazy when they take 5 or 6 grams everyday or talk about 60 gram doses.