Vince Gironda Steak and eggs diet - You tried it?

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
It's pushing the upper limit. But I think you'll be okay. I like to have high, med, low days. 160, 130, 110.
I am dropping eggs from tomorrow onward by 1 a day until only 1 egg in each meal with beef mince which will drop the protein to around 100 grams of less.
so it will taper through week.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
e.g. i will start the jump by 4 eggs in m1 and 4 eggs in m2 for wed, thurs 3, 3, fri 2, 2 and sat 1,1, and then carb up refeed on Sunday.

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
The Lucene is another potential amino that regularly kicks people out of ketosis. Eggs are great, but high in Lucene. I have 1 raw, lightly stired with 1/2 scoop of whey and maybe MCT oil.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I have been in registering in Ketosis in the past with 170-190g protein 20g carbs and 70-90g fat, also consuming 6 whole eggs and 6 egg whites per day on top of half the beef i am currently eating and using whey isolate 30g twice per day, i will see over the next few days how things are progressing and then maybe increase coconut oil whilst lowering eggs to slightly lower protein and increase fat.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Today for 1st meal i had 3 whole eggs and 200g 5% fat lean mince beef with 6g coconut oil, 6g omega 3 + 1 Serving OL Tr1umph.

2nd meal was 3 whole eggs 200g 5% fat lean mince beef with 6g coconut oil,

yesterday only difference was 4 eggs with each meal so i dropped 2 for today, also was at my nephews birthday and was surrounded by junk food and cakes and did not have any cravings or hunger and almost missed my 2nd meal, hunger has not been a problem so far its just energy levels have taken a slight hit and i have noticed it more due to not using BCAA's e.g. Xtend and Xtend perform intra workout, i will keep them removed whilst i run this diet as i seem to be retaining less water overall and seem leaner from dropping BCAA's from my diet.

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
I was using Xtend for post run training. Slowly my abs got softer and puffier. Then I stopped. 3 weeks later back to what was normal. Discussed with Jerry Ward and he confirmed the reasoning.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Week before this diet i ran PSMF at around 220g protein per day and rest of calories coming from carbs and fats e.g. from omega 3, 6 grams and 1 serving of OL Tr1umph, and the broccoli and cauliflower boiled to eat with the chicken breasts. it was around 3 chicken breasts per day along with 2 x 50 g protein shakes which were 50/50 whey 80 + micellar casein. so 5 meals compared to the two i am currently on. this totaled for around 1200-1300 calories per day.

the week previous to running this diet i lost 1.75lbs in one week.

this week there was no water due to me not running on any carbs due to being PSMF and just by switching to this eggs and steak diet and removing my intra workout BCAA's i am down a further 6.25lbs in a week.

a loss of 6.25lbs was unexpected but i look much better from the loss and do not to appear to have lost muscle size.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Maybe my loss has been a whoosh because my weight loss has only been around 1.75lbs a week even when i was on PSMF which i would have expected to be at least 2.5-3lbs based on the low calories.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was using Xtend for post run training. Slowly my abs got softer and puffier. Then I stopped. 3 weeks later back to what was normal. Discussed with Jerry Ward and he confirmed the reasoning.
Bcaas have kicked me out of ketosis in the past as well.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I did 2 weeks on eggs and steak as a trial and found it great other than the weekly passing of runny stool in mass amounts 2 Fridays in a row.

Energy was good as well as strength and looked noticeably leaner in only two weeks.

I ran out of steak and switched to PSMF again but this time was a three week run straight of Cat 1 of lyles PSMF, hardest diet i have ever done due to only using Casein Protein and Whey Proteins, Isolates and Concentrates as my food sources with the addition of Orange Triad, Omega 3 Oil and Tr1umph. my 3 weeks of running on only liquid food has come to an end and i will appreciate my food so much more and continue to be low carb high protein moderate to high on fat with weekly or every 2 weeks carb up sundays just to fill glycogen and have more improved workouts 2-3 days after carb ups and for mental break.

3-5 weeks PSMF + 2 weeks eggs and steak + 3 weeks of PSMF protein shake liquids only has been harshest dieting i have ever carried out and the last 3 weeks of liquid protein only have been very mentally challenging and a good test of mental strength, discipline and dedication with maybe a hint of insanity.

Briansuchanek

Briansuchanek

Awards
I constantly year after year go back to this diet to cut down a bit for the summer, it's a go to

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just had steak n eggs. Love it. Every day.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just bumping an older thread, because I was wondering if anyone is currently running this diet..?

Ive run something Similiar in the past eating eggs, cheese and (bacon, ham, or salami) for 2 of
the meals per day, and then chicken or tuna for another, and whey protein before bed.

Had great results lost 35lbs in 4 months.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
just bumping an older thread, because I was wondering if anyone is currently running this diet..?

Ive run something Similiar in the past eating eggs, cheese and (bacon, ham, or salami) for 2 of
the meals per day, and then chicken or tuna for another, and whey protein before bed.

Had great results lost 35lbs in 4 months.
What funny is I posted this thread over a year ago, but never tried the diet. Couldn't bring myself to it, a variety of food is just too good, lol.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What funny is I posted this thread over a year ago, but never tried the diet.
Couldn't bring myself to it, a variety of food is just too good, lol.
I love Eggs, but that part I would have trouble with is the beef. I don't really digest it well,
even though I love it. I'd probably have to take high doses of digestive enzymes just to
make it thru.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I did fine using 95/5 lean beef mince / or ground beef as you call it over there in USA

I would mix 200g of it with 3-6 eggs for 1 meal at 12:00pm then have the same for a 2nd meal at 6:00pm. I mixed encona hot chilli sauce with it and it tasted great not sickly at all.

now i just choose to do PSMF which i have M1 and M3 as 200g Chicken Breast + 300-350g broccoli and M2 and M4 are 60g of mixed proteins e.g. such as whey, casein, hemp, soy, pea.

total of around 1100 calories with my 12g greens powder and 6g of mega omega 3 oil included. I find this diet much more easy than eggs and steak due to it being higher in protein and being 2 meals and 2 shakes which i much prefer rather than just the 2 omelettes.

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I did 12 oz of steak and 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast and dinner. Diet sucks but I did drop a lot of water weight. MCT Oil helped a lot too.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
This diet sounds amazing.
Yes but i find it even harder to stick to than my current diet which is quite harsh,

200g chicken + 300g broccoli for Meals 1 and 3

and 60g of blend of 5 protein mix for Meals 2 and 4

I am only on around 1000-1100 calories and PSMF, but find it easier than eggs and steak because i have 2 solid meals and 2 shakes per day.