vinadyl sulfate

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
who carries a brand that works? I've used sportpharma and a few others but sporthpharma the only one that worked and made me really hard, now they are done for and everywhere that had it is sold out? so what brands do you guys use?

much thanks,
- Carry

Manwhore

Awards
who carries a brand that works? I've used sportpharma and a few others but sporthpharma the only one that worked and made me really hard, now they are done for and everywhere that had it is sold out? so what brands do you guys use?

much thanks,
- Carry
Vanadyl Sulfate? I thought no one used it anymore because it only works in high doses and since it's a metal it's dangerous

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Puritan's Pride... I think they have a website if you can't find them with a board sponsor. :)

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
does it work really well(puritans pride)? SportPharma used to rock, but i dont hear anything similar to the results fomr anywhere else. If you saw results what type of doses did you have to take to obtain them?

much appreciated,
- Carry On The Chaos

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
http://www.vitaglo.com/opnutvansul5.html
heres a great price.. its in 50mg tabs as well.. i dunno if it really works to well but i heard it wasnt bad at around 100mg.. Ive never read anything about an overdose of Vanadyl.. i just wouldnt take it for an extended period of time.. i think the whole toxicity thing was blown out of proportion

serengo

Awards
IMHO this is a trace mineral and should not be supplemented, (especially since there are natural sources), there is some evidence also to show that Vanadium competes with iron in blood hemoglobin and could have a negative effect in regards to endurance. It can be toxic!
Before taking this I suggest you google it and read up on the research. Here is some info I found.

Vanadium Fact Sheet
Common Names: Vanadium, Vanadyl Sulfate, Vanadate, vanadium salts or vandate compounds.
Historical Perspective: Vanadium is a naturally occurring metallic element, number 23 on the Periodic
Table. It has not yet been determined if vanadium is essential in human nutrition. Estimates of need for
the human body range from 10 to 30 micrograms per day, while the average American diet provides
between 10 and 60 micrograms per day from foods such as shellfish, mushrooms, parsley, dill seed and
wine. Common Uses: At this time, vanadium does not have any prescribed use in medicine or disease
prevention. As a dietary supplement it has been marketed to improve blood sugar control, and increase
muscular strength as well as osteoporosis treatment. Because vanadium has shown to be deposited in
the bone of mice, some have suggested that it may be helpful for osteoporosis. Both experimental and
clinical trials indicate that vanadium has significant insulin-mimetic properties in pharmacological doses.
Bodybuilders take vanadium in the hopes that it will increase muscle bulk and strength due to insulin's
anabolic role.
Investigational Uses: Reports that vanadium promotes muscle-mass development are refuted by
research. Results for use in persons with diabetes have shown good results, particularly in type 2
diabetes. Six type 2 diabetic subjects treated with 100 milligrams of vandayl sulfate daily for four weeks
had significant reductions in fasting plasma glucose; beneficial effects of insulin sensitivity persisted for
up to four weeks after vanadium treatment ended (PDR.) New vanadium compounds have been
developed that are reportedly less toxic and more effective. Animal studies are underway and clinical
trials are planned.
Potential Side Effects: Excess vanadium consumption is associated with a green tongue (Sarubin.)
Metals accumulating in bone are not a known source of strength for the bone or treatment for
osteoporosis. Adverse events have been reported with vanadium use to the FDA and include Grand mal
seizure, elevated and "roller coaster" blood glucose levels, and death.
Food-Drug Interactions: None noted.
Contraindications to use: Vanadium can also contribute to lower blood sugar and therefore blood
sugars should be carefully monitored for someone who takes vanadium with an oral hypoglycemic agent
or insulin.
Research Data on Safety and Efficacy: Vanadium can be a relatively toxic element (Sarubin.) Animal
studies suggest that intake exceeding 10 mg elemental vanadium leads to toxicological effects. These
studies show that toxicity has induced hematological and biochemical changes; reproductive and
developmental toxicity, excess vanadium build up in bone, kidney and liver; and pro-oxidative effects on
glutathione, ascorbic acid, lipids and NADPH.
Bottom-Line & alternative treatment: To date, the little that is known about vanadium's effect on insulin
is from animal studies primarily. Dosages to affect change in blood sugar levels were administered at
pharmacological levels and were conducted under medical supervision. Vanadium demonstrates the
potential for an insulin alternative in the future, but its use is highly discouraged at this time.
Improvements in insulin sensitivity without the use of medication are best achieved through daily physical
activity, which will sensitive the muscles to glucose absorption.
Resources:
1. http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov The Food and Drug Administration's Center for Food Safety and Applied
Nutrition.
2. The Health Professional's Guide to Popular Dietary Supplements. Sarubin, Allison. The American
Dietetic Association, 2000.
3. PDR for Nutritional Supplements. Physician's Desk Reference, 2001.
4. www.tnp.com The Natural Pharmacist

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info, i knew some of that but dont necessarily agree with all of it. I only use it after a cutting cycle before summer to look real hard for a few months cause it works like a charm. Also, i need to get some for a friend who competes and had cycled vinadyl on and off before competitions since he was 25, he just can't find sportpharma anywhere.

However, as always the information is appreciated, good post bro.

respect,
- Carry On The Chaos

SonOfThor

Awards
the average American diet provides
between 10 and 60 micrograms per day from foods such as shellfish, mushrooms, parsley, dill seed and
wine.
Holy sh1t. Who would have guessed the average american was eating so well? And wine too! I thought only europeans drank significant ammounts of wine on average..

**** makes my diet seem poor by comparison. I hardly ever eat shellfish.. mushrooms occasionally, parsley? dill seed? not really.. Wine? Once a month if that...

I have my doubts about the rest of that article too...