Vicious Labs Product Review Thread

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Now that Vicious Labs has been relaunched with orders beginning to land, I wanted to create a thread for supporters of the brand to post their experience, feedback, and review of the new preworkouts, Juice Daddy and Daft Pump.

Feel free to make the review as long or short as you want. Pics are always great too! I will be using this thread as a source of reference for potential new customers and may add some of the reviews to the ViciousLabs.net website.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can vouch for the flavors.

I've tried both products and both flavors of each and I really like the flavor of all of them.

Anyone that doesn't like them would be an example of someone that may come from the background of just having drank a few of the pre's that select ingredients based around taste that just don't realize that if you use quality ingredients, its not going to taste like Kool-Aid haha.

I shared a funny story in another thread about how strong of a stim Juice Daddy is and how much I liked the flavor. Here is a copy and paste of it:

But I'll share a funny story about sampling Juice Daddy - I had already had a Focus XT that morning. I was drinking a serving of Juice Daddy just to see if I liked the taste. I had no intention of drinking the full serving bc I wasn't working out and was going to be sitting at the computer all day (or so I thought). I kept sipping on it bc I liked the taste. Fast forward to me being back in the warehouse area rearranging the pallet area to make sure all the pallets were stacked perfectly straight and in even rows 😂 :ROFLMAO:

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can vouch for the flavors.

I've tried both products and both flavors of each and I really like the flavor of all of them.

Anyone that doesn't like them would be an example of someone that may come from the background of just having drank a few of the pre's that select ingredients based around taste that just don't realize that if you use quality ingredients, its not going to taste like Kool-Aid haha.

I shared a funny story in another thread about how strong of a stim Juice Daddy is and how much I liked the flavor. Here is a copy and paste of it:

But I'll share a funny story about sampling Juice Daddy - I had already had a Focus XT that morning. I was drinking a serving of Juice Daddy just to see if I liked the taste. I had no intention of drinking the full serving bc I wasn't working out and was going to be sitting at the computer all day (or so I thought). I kept sipping on it bc I liked the taste. Fast forward to me being back in the warehouse area rearranging the pallet area to make sure all the pallets were stacked perfectly straight and in even rows 😂:ROFLMAO:
Thanks, SNS! This is solid feedback and funny as hell too. It’s so cool to see a guy in the industry who has his own company be able to give an honest opinion of our preworkouts and for it to be positive!

It’s probably a good thing Juice Daddy doesn’t taste like Kool-Aid though. I imagine that could lead people to overdosing their preworkout and this **** is no joke hahaha. Although the Lemon Grenade Daft Pump is something I could see myself sitting around with on a hot summer day. Get those veins popping and muscles glistening while catching a tan XD

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I got mine but can't try it till after my current log. I will be posting a review when I do.

• Love
Reactions: ZOO
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got mine but can't try it till after my current log. I will be posting a review when I do.
I really appreciate that brother! I can’t wait to get your feedback since you’ve tried the older versions too :)

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I should be getting mine today. I throw some reviews up this week. Just finished off my OG juice daddy yesterday 🪦

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'll buy if we get a flavor that doesn't have Splenda in it. (stevia pls?)

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I should be getting mine today. I throw some reviews up this week. Just finished off my OG juice daddy yesterday 🪦
Looking forward to it. Thanks, Wes!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'll buy if we get a flavor that doesn't have Splenda in it. (stevia pls?)
I understand where you're coming from, but as someone with a lot of flavoring experience, I'd say that it would be really hard to get his two newly released products to taste good with Stevia in them in place of the existing sweeteners to be honest. Both formulas include some ingredients that aren't the best tasting in the world; and to use enough Stevia to cover them, you'd be at the level where instead of tasting the flavor, you'd likely just be tasting the Stevia aftertaste itself.

The perfect scenario for any product would always be no artificial colors, sweeteners, etc.

But the reality is that the average person is much more concerned about how the product tastes than the choice of sweeteners used in the product. We can take a glance at the best selling pre-workouts on pretty much any website to see that.

The reason that most companies go with Splenda and Acesulfame Potassium to flavor their products is because they are allow the product to taste so much better. And while some people try to avoid them, 99% of the general market doesn't. So it makes those two the most generally accepted options.

I'm not trying to speak for Zoo, just explaining for anyone reading a little bit about why certain things like sweeteners are selected the way that they are.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I understand where you're coming from, but as someone with a lot of flavoring experience, I'd say that it would be really hard to get his two newly released products to taste good with Stevia in them in place of the existing sweeteners to be honest. Both formulas include some ingredients that aren't the best tasting in the world; and to use enough Stevia to cover them, you'd be at the level where instead of tasting the flavor, you'd likely just be tasting the Stevia aftertaste itself.

The perfect scenario for any product would always be no artificial colors, sweeteners, etc.

But the reality is that the average person is much more concerned about how the product tastes than the choice of sweeteners used in the product. We can take a glance at the best selling pre-workouts on pretty much any website to see that.

The reason that most companies go with Splenda and Acesulfame Potassium to flavor their products is because they are allow the product to taste so much better. And while some people try to avoid them, 99% of the general market doesn't. So it makes those two the most generally accepted options.

I'm not trying to speak for Zoo, just explaining for anyone reading a little bit about why certain things like sweeteners are selected the way that they are.
I think if you use a mix of stevia and real sugar, you could probably make something decent. then you get to slap the nice "natural" tag on the label :D

if the ingredients are good enough I would also be fine with unflavored. then I could mix it with juice or something.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think if you use a mix of stevia and real sugar, you could probably make something decent. then you get to slap the nice "natural" tag on the label :D

if the ingredients are good enough I would also be fine with unflavored. then I could mix it with juice or something.
Yeah, I'm sure you can if you mix sugar in there that you probably wouldn't even need Stevia. But the problem then would be that he would likely lose a lot sales by having sugar in it. A lot of people look at products and even if its just 1 gram of sugar, they just automatically dismiss it and move on to looking at the next product.

Based on some of the ingredients in those formulas, you don't want to try unflavored haha.

My suggestion to brand owners is to make sure you have at least two or three good flavors that people like and then maybe add one with the natural flavor route. That way, it gives options both ways. There's also some ways to 'cheat' this in the sense that there are certain flavors that are better as natural flavor choices than others.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sugar is a Big No for me!

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think SNS summed up the flavoring situation pretty well. Unfortunately, things aren’t as straightforward and simple as we would all like when it comes to product development. Still, I feel that we performed admirably with these as far as the flavoring to formulation goes.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, I'm sure you can if you mix sugar in there that you probably wouldn't even need Stevia. But the problem then would be that he would likely lose a lot sales by having sugar in it. A lot of people look at products and even if its just 1 gram of sugar, they just automatically dismiss it and move on to looking at the next product.

Based on some of the ingredients in those formulas, you don't want to try unflavored haha.

My suggestion to brand owners is to make sure you have at least two or three good flavors that people like and then maybe add one with the natural flavor route. That way, it gives options both ways. There's also some ways to 'cheat' this in the sense that there are certain flavors that are better as natural flavor choices than others.
I got the idea to mix sugar and stevia from optimum nutrition's current natural whey formula. some of the flavors only have 1g added sugar but then also has stevia. I don't know if they taste good though lol

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry to derail this thread but I think I’ll throw up a review…

Juice Daddy 2022- Razzle Dazzle

Taste- delicious. I honestly don’t care about pwo taste as I just slam it down the hatch. With that being said this could be a drink on its own.

Mix- few shakes and you’re good to go

Performance- about 20min after consuming and right after warmup it was go time. Kept me focused and wanting to push harder. I actually hit a triple on military that I haven’t attempted in a while.

I’ve gone through about 10 of the old JD so I started with a 1 scoop. I could’ve probably done 1/2 this stuff is potent. It’s an hour later and I’m still buzzing. Nice, clean energy. I don’t feel anxious at all. Another thing I’d like to point out is that the scoop was resting right at the top of the container. This made me very happy.
IMG_0595.JPG
IMG_0596.JPG

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I got the idea to mix sugar and stevia from optimum nutrition's current natural whey formula. some of the flavors only have 1g added sugar but then also has stevia. I don't know if they taste good though lol
I don't like the taste of ON's 100% Whey even with the artificial stuff in it so I can't speak on that. The only ON protein I drank regularly was their Chocolate Mint Hydro Whey and they discontinued that. Which sucked for me bc that was actually really good for Hydro standards.

That's the reason they use Stevia is to keep the sugar to just 1 gram. But the protein crowd and the pre-workout crowd are a lot different sometimes. The person that is health conscious enough to be using only a natural flavor protein usually (not always) is trying to avoid stims and a lot of things to begin with. In the case of protein, ON is doing a product like this to appeal to a certain small % crowd. Which makes sense being their size and huge distribution channel. Plus, its a lot different of a process flavoring protein versus pre-workouts.

Btw.... not disagreeing with you. Just trying to add some insight to the flavor process.

I've considered for example doing one flavor Focus XT and one flavor Focus XT Caffeine Free this year and doing them with just Stevia and Monk Fruit as sweeteners. But I have a lot of flavors in Focus XT already, so I'm more in spot to chance it. Same for Energized Aminos. Once we get it back in stock, the plan is to launch 2 new flavors and then maybe do one with Stevia and Monk Fruit but I'd need 2 more regular ones before I'd chance it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Taste- delicious. I honestly don’t care about pwo taste as I just slam it down the hatch. With that being said this could be a drink on its own.
I love the taste. That's the flavor that got me. Where I posted the story that I kept sipping on it because I liked the taste but had only meant to take one or two tastes just to see if I liked the flavor.

I love sour Blue Raspberry. I thought it hit the perfect mark between sour enough to have a bit of a bite and me like it, but not sour enough to be a deterrent to anyone that doesn't like sour stuff.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Mix- few shakes and you’re good to go

Performance- about 20min after consuming and right after warmup it was go time. Kept me focused and wanting to push harder. I actually hit a triple on military that I haven’t attempted in a while.

I’ve gone through about 10 of the old JD so I started with a 1 scoop. I could’ve probably done 1/2 this stuff is potent. It’s an hour later and I’m still buzzing. Nice, clean energy. I don’t feel anxious at all. Another thing I’d like to point out is that the scoop was resting right at the top of the container. This made me very happy.
View attachment 211639View attachment 211640
I’m so happy you like it, bro! A hit review like that from you means a lot. You’ve tried the full spectrum of preworkouts including the old JD formulas. Much appreciated 🙏

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Took another half serving of Razzle Dazzle flavor Juice Daddy last night.

Monday nights is just me and my son solo, and at nearly 12 months old he’s getting into everything and ready to poop or play every moment of the day! When the work day is over, the real job is just beginning - regardless of how tired I am.

Honestly, this stuff is so quality & potent. With the sale going on (22% off w/ code NEWYEAR), a half serving is 65 cents - stuff tastes awesome, and much more importantly even at half scoop it has such a clean, fast, and lasting energy. Half the price of a can of Monster or Bang (with me buying in bulk), better energy, and so much smoother experience. Both flavors will mix well with a lot of other flavors too if you are looking to combine with other pre’s or EAAs.

Will comment more when I have used a full serving, but my initial uses make me extremely happy with my purchase!

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I nabbed a tub of Daft Pump the other day and took it for the first time last night.

Mixability is excellent. No lumps and it seemed to dissolve very quickly.

Flavor is excellent (High Razzolution). I added a little more water which I usually do with my pre, and the flavor was still on point.

Effects were awesome! Yesterday was my shoulders workout, and hot damn the pump was insane. My rear delts were on fire and seemed to really pop pretty early in the workout (body part I’m trying to bring up, so they get love first). I ended the workout with very pumped shoulders overall. Vascularity was nuts as well. I’m a vascular dude as it is, but this was just stupid.

My recommendation probably doesn’t mean much, but I think Daft Pump is definitely worth a shot for most. Pretty inexpensive normally, but with the current discount, it’s a steal 🤘🤘

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you @Hyde and @Marne40 so so much for dropping a review in the thread! All this positive feedback has me excited. I know neither of you would give me lip service... sadly haha XD ;)

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you @Hyde and @Marne40 so so much for dropping a review in the thread! All this positive feedback has me excited. I know neither of you would give me lip service... sadly haha XD ;)
Can’t speak for Hyde, but I could be convinced….

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
$20 doesn’t go very far these days. What can I get for $50?
Shoot, for $50 you can get the VIP Bear-Waifu experience:

-Be picked up and carried wherever you like by a real hunk (or wherever I like, realistically)
-Shave my back hair - no prior experience necessary & clippers provided
-Launder my underwear, or just keep it
-Address random bacne or blackheads I can’t reach
-Listen to me snore if I fall asleep on my back

Upcharges:
-Being stepped on, laid on, or otherwise submitted
-Learn to squat correctly
-Maximizing caloric intake tutorial

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shoot, for $50 you can get the VIP Bear-Waifu experience:

-Be picked up and carried wherever you like by a real hunk (or wherever I like, realistically)
-Shave my back hair - no prior experience necessary & clippers provided
-Launder my underwear, or just keep it
-Address random bacne or blackheads I can’t reach
-Listen to me snore if I fall asleep on my back

Upcharges:
-Being stepped on, laid on, or otherwise submitted
-Learn to squat correctly
-Maximizing caloric intake tutorial
Here’s my wallet hahaha

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend