Very high heart rate after drinking.

AnabolicMonkey

AnabolicMonkey

Awards
I always drink on weekends, last night I was with a dime piece and may have had one too many drinks, I probably killed like 20 shots, this morning my heart is racing like crazy, I always have my Fitbit on and just laying in bed my heart is 130-140. I tried just going for a walk and my heart got over 170, and at 26 I rarely see it that high even doing extreme cardio. Normally when I’m hungover my heart definitely beats faster, however not like this. I’m guessing I just over did it and my body is just working extra hard to eliminate all the alcohol

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
20 shots is almost a bottle. Chances are this is or boarders on alcohol poisoning. Rest and rehydrate.

AnabolicMonkey

AnabolicMonkey

Awards
20 shots is almost a bottle. Chances are this is or boarders on alcohol poisoning. Rest and rehydrate.
Could be, wouldn’t you think I would have other symptoms tho? Normally when I drink to much I wake up throwing up for a few hours, today nothing, actually woke up starving and destroyed 4 McGriddles, it’s around 1 pm now and I really noticed my heart aggressively beating about a hour ago, maybe it’s because my BAC was still quite high when I woke up and I’m basically going through the same symptoms I would normally experience while asleep.

Right now just laying in bed watching a movie, my heart chilling at around 110bpm; however as soon as stand up to use the bathroom or whatever it jumps 130+. I took a EKG and every is still normal

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
When you are severely dehydrated there is less blood circulating through your body and your heart has to pump harder to get blood circulating better. Also large amounts of alcohol can temporarily increase heart rate and raise your blood pressure

AnabolicMonkey

AnabolicMonkey

Awards
When I was 18-22 and In college as much we don’t like to admit it when we are that age a lot of us are straight alcoholics, sh1t I remember waking up and first thing I needed to do before class was rip a couple shots before class, chugging 750mls of fireball like it was nothing. I’m sure I could just take a few shots and be fine right now but that’s only a bandaid.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
When I was 18-22 and In college as much we don’t like to admit it when we are that age a lot of us are straight alcoholics, sh1t I remember waking up and first thing I needed to do before class was rip a couple shots before class, chugging 750mls of fireball like it was nothing. I’m sure I could just take a few shots and be fine right now but that’s only a bandaid.
As someone who spent years apon year's drinking heavily. You sound like a alcoholic who doesn't think he's a alcoholic.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was a 20+ drinks a day almost every day person. Not many ppl can do 20 drinks and not end up in the hospital. It takes a lot of alcohol abuse to build up that type of tollerence

AnabolicMonkey

AnabolicMonkey

Awards
I was a 20+ drinks a day almost every day person. Not many ppl can do 20 drinks and not end up in the hospital. It takes a lot of alcohol abuse to build up that type of tollerence
That was me In college, somehow still got a degree, even though I haven’t drinking like that in nearly 4 years my tolerance is still quite high cause the most I’ve prob taken off drinking was three weeks. But now I really only drink on fridays or Saturday’s and then only on Sunday’s if it’s football season or a beach day. But week days is straight business.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am alcoholic and work with alcoholics btw. Seems you like to drink like I used too. Your BP is super high. Your in alcohol withdrawl when this is happening. This is eactly how alcohol kills people everyday and why alcoholics have withdrawl in the first place. Withdrawl centers / hospitals give alcoholics benzo's to calm the BP so the patient does not have a stroke / seizer while getting away from alcohol. A daily drinker will take many weeks to withdrawl from alcohol using lots of benzo's to start with and then less and less. Lots of weekend only drinkers have seizers (weekly). Drink hard for a day or two and your primed. Yep, drinking on weekends can bring on seizures (leads to a stroke) and, at best, tread those super unhealthy lines for the body and mind to go through. Its a rough go of it. Sorry for seriousness of the post. I just see guys die all the time and at best ruin their lives and the lives of the people around them in the process.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Binge drinking is certainly a form of alcoholism and I tend to struggle with it at times. If I am drinking, I'm not drinking to have 3-4, I''m drinking to get a good mild drunk going and keep it that way. Bring in the liquor for various reasons - I can't burp so if I get bloated on beer I switch to vodka soda or captain and coke, or friends want to take shots, or we play a drinking game and thats where it tends to go down hill. I get used to drinking beers quick and then treat the liquor the same way. I don't like coke or soda, so I have to get a double to taste the liquor some. All kinds of excuses.

It seems like I lose my drunk and get into hangover territory extremely quick so if I'm drinking, I feel I have to constantly have a drink in my hand. Sometimes I am just fine, others I drink too much there's really no rhyme or reason to it that I've found yet.

AnabolicMonkey

AnabolicMonkey

Awards
Binge drinking is certainly a form of alcoholism and I tend to struggle with it at times. If I am drinking, I'm not drinking to have 3-4, I''m drinking to get a good mild drunk going and keep it that way. Bring in the liquor for various reasons - I can't burp so if I get bloated on beer I switch to vodka soda or captain and coke, or friends want to take shots, or we play a drinking game and thats where it tends to go down hill. I get used to drinking beers quick and then treat the liquor the same way. I don't like coke or soda, so I have to get a double to taste the liquor some. All kinds of excuses.

It seems like I lose my drunk and get into hangover territory extremely quick so if I'm drinking, I feel I have to constantly have a drink in my hand. Sometimes I am just fine, others I drink too much there's really no rhyme or reason to it that I've found yet.
Definitely feel you there, after July 4th I’m going to go all July without drinking for a tolerance reset. Hopefully, then not over do it on the weekends anymore and be able to just have 3-4 beers and feel good rather than 10-12.