Very concerned with my Bloodwork results..

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask for advice.
This is INSANE.. I can't even speak.. I can't understand whats going on. Last year when I took those blood test.. I read online.. a 3.4 on TSH is not ideal. and I went to my doctor and told him that it was a little high. He said for Labcorp higher than 4.5 is when you should take medication. (consider high)

My colesterol was high too, and I read online thyroid can be the cause of it. Well I spent a year.. exercising.. I reduce fats.. taking my natural supplements to support Testosterone.. and fish oil ..vitamins etc.. NOW i understand why it has been so difficult even on low calories to lose weight.

I went back to him this week for a new test.

MY TSH is almost 6!!!! my CHOLESTEROL is way way too high and LDL too. and my TESTOSTERONE is even lower!

Here is my results .. I asked for Estradiol too and SHBG. I'm so worried :( btw still waiting for the Reverse T3. but my T3 is low too. )

View attachment 141883
View attachment 141884
View attachment 141885

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
Well I was taking Alphamax for Testosterone.. and Reduce XT to control cortisol on my diet..since I lift and and I'm cutting ..

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey buddy, can understand how you would be feeling, but with your current numbers, please only get advice from professionals, not randoms on forums. Good luck and hope your situation gets sorted.

SWOLDIER_1

SWOLDIER_1

Awards
Well I was taking Alphamax for Testosterone.. and Reduce XT to control cortisol on my diet..since I lift and and I'm cutting ..
So you were using an otc test booster? Seems like it didnt work for you and probly did more harm then good.

As far as cholesterol what does your diet look like?

SWOLDIER_1

SWOLDIER_1

Awards
Hey buddy, can understand how you would be feeling, but with your current numbers, please only get advice from professionals, not randoms on forums. Good luck and hope your situation gets sorted.
So because im new means to you that i have no knowledge? Ok....

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Were u not refferring to me?
no offence buddy, I didn't even read any other posts in this thread except the OP. His situation is multifaceted and should be addressed by a professional, hence my comment.

SWOLDIER_1

SWOLDIER_1

Awards
no offence buddy, I didn't even read any other posts in this thread except the OP. His situation is multifaceted and should be addressed by a professional, hence my comment.
Oh got you. Yes it seems to be a cholesterol issue. Depending on his diet could be the problem. Or some underlying issue.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh got you. Yes it seems to be a cholesterol issue. Depending on his diet could be the problem. Or some underlying issue.
Sooo the thyroid issue and SHBG issue is due to his high cholesterol?

SWOLDIER_1

SWOLDIER_1

Awards
Sooo the thyroid issue and SHBG issue is due to his high cholesterol?
Well as far as thyroid. Its one point out of norm. There could be something there.

As far as his shbg. If his t was already low and he used a boster that clearly didnt work that could be why. Maybe he already had low t and didnt know it. Was there any bloods prior to using the otc products. Unknown

SWOLDIER_1

SWOLDIER_1

Awards
Plus when your thyroid is high it can raise cholesterol too. So im thinking thyroid testing is next.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well as far as thyroid. Its one point out of norm. There could be something there.

As far as his shbg. If his t was already low and he used a boster that clearly didnt work that could be why. Maybe he already had low t and didnt know it. Was there any bloods prior to using the otc products. Unknown
Ok yes, now I am referring to you in my first post.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
I would test your vitamin D3 also, since most people low.

I wonder where your LH level is.

It is interesting that your E2 is highish, but your FT is low.

Base line hormone tests may have shown that you are aromatizing too much.

That high SHBG is the only thing keeping up your present TT level up..

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Correcting thyroid often corrects lipids
Most people vitamin D levels are low for a reason and majority of time are not recommended to supplements as it can cause inflammation through increasing pro-inflammatory cytokines
When TSH get over 1.75 I will be suspecting potential thyroid issues as well as suspected adrenal. Thyroid and adrenals imbalances usually run hand and hand.
high SHBG is often due to inflammatory response in the body, mainly gut or liver is where it may be occurring. When I see high SHBG, I would be focusing on the environmental status of the doctor's patient as providing a good history would help to provide clues as to what life events occurred over the past 6 months which may be factors to consider. Are you a heavy drinker? smoke dope, or do other recreation drugs? As these are just some of the factors to take in consideration.

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the insights . I dont drink or smoke, is their anything else that can affect it?

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
I just got my reverse t3 results

20.2 (9.2-24.1 ng/dL)

so it looks like a cortisol? adrenal? problem. or a conversion problem. T4 being converted to Reverse T3 ?

mexecutioner

Awards
How long have you been dieting? How much of a deficit are you at calorie wise?

sespress

Awards
I dunno dude. All I have is some general advice ---

You know to you can buy some panels directly from lab Corp? Turned out to be that it was cheaper for a friend of mine to do that as his insurance wanted a ton of authorizations and was creating a dela. The alternative, was for him to let do it in the office, for a ton more. He's ended up doing that and then seeing if they'll reimburse.

Have you used a lot of AAS or PH in the past? If so you may want to divulge that at the doc office IF things don't start to resolve soon.

What NoAddedHmones is saying is right, we shouldn't respond because you can't give real medical advice without being a doctor.....but I know where you're coming from as well and I have asked questions before on forums where heavy **** doesn't normally into play. You can get desperate for advice, so please if you follow anything up with the professionals try to just bring it up without self diagnosing.

I remember going through crap like this with tons of testing and sampling myself. It's depressing and scary. Try not to stress and wait for a diagnosis, potential treatment plans, and THEN deal with it as it comes.

Good luck man!

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
This is amazing. Doc said tsh is fine. Wtf. Im looking for a second opinión. He just prescribed some medicine for colesterol which he says i will have to take for the rest of my life. He also said testosterone id normal. But im still out of words how can he say is fine my tsh when is 5.8. he then said t3 is not a good way of telling if thyroid is good or not. He said tsh is. This is all different from what I read. Everywhere says free t3 and free t4 tell the truth. He didn't even talk about my reverse t3. What a waste of time

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
I'm out of luck with this doctors. I made an appointment with another one. His very old, so just when he came in. I knew this was going to be bad. It seems old endos have not read anything new about the thyroid. He told me I was fine. That he starts to treat TSH when is 10 !!! Yes, when I heard that :O , he said he can give me Synthroid but he doesn't think I need it. Testosterone was fine. I will search for a better doctor and younger.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you searched for an integrative medicine Dr in your area? That is a route you may want to take. If you don't, look for a good endocrinologist.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
When TSH greater then 1.5 is a red flag. I catch it all the time when doctors miss it. When the thyroid is properly addressed TSH does not move, but free t3 and ft4 will as well as symptoms change. You also have to address adrenals if working with thyroid as they are partners in crime.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask for advice.
This is INSANE.. I can't even speak.. I can't understand whats going on. Last year when I took those blood test.. I read online.. a 3.4 on TSH is not ideal. and I went to my doctor and told him that it was a little high. He said for Labcorp higher than 4.5 is when you should take medication. (consider high)

My colesterol was high too, and I read online thyroid can be the cause of it. Well I spent a year.. exercising.. I reduce fats.. taking my natural supplements to support Testosterone.. and fish oil ..vitamins etc.. NOW i understand why it has been so difficult even on low calories to lose weight.

I went back to him this week for a new test.

MY TSH is almost 6!!!! my CHOLESTEROL is way way too high and LDL too. and my TESTOSTERONE is even lower!

Here is my results .. I asked for Estradiol too and SHBG. I'm so worried :( btw still waiting for the Reverse T3. but my T3 is low too. )

View attachment 141883
View attachment 141884
View attachment 141885
bummer that your doc is being an idiot about this..... with high cholesterol and TSH and low T3, this seems like a kind of obvious issue.

I would assume that a good doc will put you on some thyroid meds and test to see how it's working...

FWIW, I am hypothyroid, and developed problems after being in Iraq. low thyroid is really uncommon in men, HOWEVER, it is extremely common in guys that were over in the sandbox. I'm not sure if that applies to you or not...

jasonc06

jasonc06

Awards
  • Established
So I finally found a doctor which I believe has been better than the past two. This one said my problem is the low t3. He said that Cholesterol and Testosterone are affected by my low t3 which is also causing a high TSH.

He thinks the problem is a conversion issue. T4 is being converted to Reverse T3 instead since the ratio between Free T3 and Reverse T3 is less than 20%, and it should be higher than this amount. Mine is actually a 7%.

Possible causes are extreme calorie deficit (yes I have been dieting for long, recently PSMF) plus Cortisol because of the stimulants (EC stack, and yes I was running it for too long).

Now he prescribe me T3 to deplete Reverse T3 and he said I have to increase my protein and calories.

I read online that T3 makes my metabolism faster, and that it is catabolic. My weight is 208lb and I started eating 230grams of protein instead of the 170 that I used to.

Is there anything that can help me not lose muscles whiles on T3 other than AAS / Clen? I really don't know the side effects or how dangerous it is, this is why I'm looking for a safe way.. can any natural supplement help..like Alphamax?

BTW after I started T3, I feel like a new person. FOR REAL..really amazing.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
General rule of thumb if cholesterol is high then you better be looking at thyroid with a TSH of <2 or even better 1-1.5
T-3 may make you feel good, but in the process it can raise SHBG lowering your free testosterone if you are taking higher dosages 25mcgs or higher.
Proper evaluations of nutritional factors depleted from stress such as zinc, selenium and iodine, magnesium , as well as too much adrenaline can cause rt3. Normally when using t-3 it usually given 5 mcg BID of TID to get the process going. The problem I see with doctors treating the rt3 only is going to mask other issues as I have seen come back to bite you months later. Some times addressing the thyroid addresses the adrenals if you get lucky. Calorie restriction can severely impact the immune system making your body vulnerable to opportunistic infections such as EBV CMV, HSV1,2,6, Parvo, and many more as often seen in athletes who are not getting better.

We are looking for short term satisfaction, but should also be focused on long term solution.