LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I got a pretty good pump today . Vascularity is really starting to come out
Love when veins a popping at the end of the workout!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Okay today I just felt on. Idk it’s hard to describe but I had go and was feeling pumped up and not beat down .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
God is Beast Volume Deadlift Day

Deadlifts

Warm up
135x5
185x5
225x5

Working sets
260x5 for 10 sets

Assistance work

4 sets of Pendley Rows at 135 x 10 reps
I lowered each rep slowly under control to a dead stop before starting the next rep

Supersetted with:

Lying bench Tricep extensions
75 pounds x15 reps for 4 sets

Next up I did dumbbell lunges
27 pounds per Arm x 15 reps

these were way easier on deadlift day than on squat day

Supersetted with:
3 sets of 12 at 27 pounds hammer curls

Then I did
2 sets of concentration curls at 27 pounds x12 and called it a day .

Today was a really good workout . It has been awhile since I have gotten a pump like today and the veins are still popping out all over my arms hours later !

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Yesterdays workout

God is Beast Shoulder Press Day

Shoulder press

Warm up
45x5
65x5
85x5

Working sets
95x5
110x5
120x5
100x5
115x5
130x5

I supersetted the first four sets of shoulder press with hack squats and then concentration curls in a triple .

Hack Squats
250x25 reps x 4 set

Concentration curl
27x12 reps for four sets

Next I super setted the Shoulder press with 5 sets of hanging double over hand chin ups for 10 reps.

After the shoulder press was done I set up the Swiss Bar on the Bench Press

I did off the Pin Bench presses with the Swiss Bar
150x 5 reps , going slow on the way back down and exploding off the pins to a dead stop. This was done for four sets and was super setted with :

Cable ab crunches at 60 pounds to failure for four sets .

I felt on again today and the vascularity has been pretty crazy lately.

Last edited:
pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Weekly Weigh In Results .

So despite the addition of creatine weight still seems to have dropped over the course of the week . Another half pound of weight was lost over the week bringing us down to 187.5 . Final Goal weight remains to be 185 . From there I haven’t decided what to do yet. We will see how I look when I get there.

One option would be to do a nice long bulk back up to 215 pounds before cutting again . If I were to bulk and focus on only gaining 2 pounds per month, I could bulk for over a year straight before cutting again .

Looking objectively, I always screw up the bulks and gain weight too fast . Extra calories always manage to slip in and I indulge in pizza and popcorn and too much in general during a bulk . Cutting is much easier than bulking for me . Bulking turns into chaos very quick because it’s hard to say no to a donut or a piece of cake or whatever else when bulking and weight gain always ends up being more than optimal for muscle building .

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
With a good GDA, like glycophage or BLR vector yo might be able to minimize fat gain in your bulk

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
These are the results that my wife got with the body fat caliper . I am not claiming to be this low and I would like to mention that the range of deviation for calipers is 5 percent . I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the results from the test because I never imagined it would come out that low.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
are you almost contest ready? I would err on the side of 5%+ and say 7-10% more likely..

at 5% you could almost walk onto any stage and be competitive if you pack lots of muscle.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
are you almost contest ready? I would err on the side of 5%+ and say 7-10% more likely..

at 5% you could almost walk onto any stage and be competitive if you pack lots of muscle.
I completely agree with you . 7-10 percent seems way more realistic. I was just posting the results we got from the caliper test .

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I completely agree with you . 7-10 percent seems way more realistic. I was just posting the results we got from the caliper test .
yes I understand.
that being said, its still an excellent way to track progress!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
yes I understand.
that being said, its still an excellent way to track progress!
It will be cool to see what number comes out at the end of the log. Goal weight for the end of log is still 185 . Which means I need to maintain around 1/2 a pound loss a week to get there .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
With a good GDA, like glycophage or BLR vector yo might be able to minimize fat gain in your bulk
When I start to bulk I will probably be running that new supplement that Olympus labs has been teasing us with, maybe stacked with something like Androgin from BLR and some apex alchemy stuff . Triton is on my list for things to try in the near future for sure .

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
that's a good place to start... not too many I hear of going high dose on this but it's been known to happen :ROFLMAO::LOL:🤟

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
God is Beast

Squat Day

I had ummph again today . Good aggression and was able to hit the workout hard . Glad things seems to have turned the corner . In week one of this log I was dragging ass, things have turned around !

Beast Squats

Warm up
135x5
160x5
190x5

Working sets
210x5
245x5
275x5
225x5
260x5
290x5

Next I did Lunges for 4 sets at 15 reps 27 pounds per arm supersetted with :

Hammer curls 27 pounds per arms x10 reps for 4 sets

After that was done I did

5 sets of weighted Dips/Chins super set with 55 pounds added to waist for 5 reps

I finished up the work out with 2 sets of concentration curls at 27 pounds super setted with 2 sets of hanging leg raises to failure

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Nice working sets with the 290x5 at the end to!

Yeah this is the first time I’ve ran a 531 plan with the double pyramid scheme . I find it to be a lot harder than the normal way of working up to the heaviest set but I like it so far . Those deadlifts on week one really kicked my ass though.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
God is Beast Bench Day

Volume bench . I was supposed to do 180x5 reps for 10 sets .

I did

185x8 reps for 10 sets

I supersetted these sets with the following

5 sets of bench dumbbell rows at 60 pounds per arm for 12 reps

4 sets of standing calf raises as 250 pounds
First two sets x15 reps
Last two sets x 12 reps

After volume bench I did close grip bench press

135x8 reps for four sets supersetted with

Cable ab crunches to failure for 4 sets

I finished up the day with 3 sets per arm of concentration curls at 27 pounds .

Another good workout . I’ve been feeling strong lately and light on my feet .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
God is Beast

Deadlift Day Double Pyramid .

I worked 14 hours yesterday. I slept 7 hours and went into work for around 5 am and finished at 5 pm. I was a little tired for a bit earlier but I got it together and got ready to kick ass. I’m a really lucky guy on the home front . My wife made my dinner last nite and my lunch for today . Weighed out all the food for me and everything so I know everything is staying on point . She’s the best .

Deadlift warm up sets
135x5
185x5
205x5
240x5

Working sets
260x5
300x5
340x5
280x5
320x5
360x5

Kind of a pain doing these pyramids , loading and unloading the bar . Really just wanted to jump up to 360 but I followed it the way it was laid out .

Next I did some supersets

Pendley rows

I like to pause a second at the top and lower these slowly

135x10 x 5 sets

Supersetted with

Lying bench Tricep extensions with an EZ curl bar 85 pounds x 12 reps for 5 sets

After that I changed things up a bit and did Romanian deadlifts

185x 15 for 3 sets . I tried to focus on quality reps here . These really wiped me out and I rested 3 minutes between each set .

I finished up the workout with 3 sets of hanging leg raises to failure Supersetted with concentration curls 27 pounds x 12 reps for 3 sets per arm .

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I finished up the workout with 3 sets of hanging leg raises to failure
I do this 2-3 times a week and my abs are toast. Really it's the only ab exercise that I do anymore.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Got to the gym super early today. I’m going away for the long weekend. May 2-4 here for us Canucks. Had to get in early because we are leaving as soon as I get home from work today and hitting up cottage country . This weekend will be a bit of instability for me as I won’t be able to track every meal diligently however I’m going to do my best for the very least not to over eat .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
God is Beast

Volume Shoulder press day

Shoulder press
Warm up
45x5
55x5
75x5
85x5

Working sets
95x5 reps for 10 sets Supersetted with first

4 sets of hacksquats 250 pounds for 25 reps

5 sets of double over hand chin ups x 10 reps

Then I did

Arnold press
4 sets at 27 pounds for 12 reps

Supersetted with

4 sets of hammer curls at 27 pounds for 10 reps

I finished up the workout with three sets of concentration curls at 12 reps for 27 pounds per arm super setted with cable ab crunches to failure at 60 pounds

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah they are my favourite ab exercise . You can really exhaust the abs switching it to knee raises at the end .
Yea I want to get those ankle clips where you can clip on a dumbbell and then do weighted hanging knee raises.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
No change in weight this week. Held completely steady . Not surprising with the recent addition of creatine . Sometimes the scale doesn’t tell the full story and I definitely feel like I have leaned out a ton since the beginning of the log. We will get a better picture when I hit the one month mark and post the first round of progress photos. The gym sessions seem to be going well and I have been waking up feeling rested . That’s the main thing I have noticed so far. Improved sleep and lately recovery . I wake up before my alarm goes off everyday now and just turn it off , which I think is the best way to wake up . Waking up to an alarm isn’t a good way to start the day . Waking up feeling like I got enough sleep and ready to tackle the day is the right way to start a day .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
God is Beast Volume Squat Day

Felt pretty good getting back into the gym today. I got lots of rest over the long weekend and everything was ready to go!

Squats

I started supersetting right off the warm up sets because I wanted to try and get home a little bit earlier tonight and get to bed early . Although I didn’t really sleep in that much on the weekend it’s always hard to get back into the work swing .

Warm up sets
45x5
135x5
185x5
205x5

Working sets
225 x 5 for 10 sets

The first super set I did the squats with was dips

I did 5 sets of dips x 20 reps

After that for the next 5 sets of squats I did double over hand chin ups

I did 5 sets of 10 reps

Next I supersetted the squats with cable ab crunches

I did 3 sets to near failure at 60 pounds . I also did my concentration curls at the tail end of this set . 27 pounds x 12 reps per arm for 3 sets .

Next I did dumbbell lunges

4 sets x 15 reps at 27 pounds per arm supersetted with 4 sets x 10 reps of hammer curls at 27 pounds .

I called the workout there . I had a bit left in the tank but I have to double down on workouts this week to make up for missing the day yesterday.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I did pretty well over the weekend with how I ate . Although I wasn’t able to track everything I feel like I consumed around the same amount of calories as normal . My macros were definitely not at 50 percent protein , probably more like 35 percent but I didn’t over eat and I kept the alcohol to a minimum .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Bench Day

The weight seems to be moving very well. Even though I have been running a deficit in terms of calories,the workouts have not been killing me lately.

God is Beast Bench Day

I started supersetting in the warm up sets to get the work out done a little faster .

warm up Bench

45x5
135x5
155x5

Working sets
175x5
195x5
215x5
185x5
205x5
230x5

Supersetted exercises

Bench Single Arm Rows
70x10 reps for 5 sets

Standing Calf Raises
250x15 for 4 sets

Next I did Close Grip Bench supersetted with EZ Bar Curls

Close grip bench
135x12 reps for 4 sets

EZ curl bar
85x 10 for four sets

I finished the workout with 3 sets of 12 of concentration curls per arm at 27 pounds supersetted with 3 sets of hanging leg raises to failure

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3 sets of hanging leg raises to failure
With short rest periods hanging leg raises kill my abs. I'll be sore for days after!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
God is Beast Volume Deadlift Day.

Felt pretty good for a Friday . Feeling light on my feet and the dips are moving very easily .

Deadlifts

Warm up
135x5
185x5
225x5

Working sets
285x5 for 10 sets supersetted with one of the following

Dipsx25 reps for 4 sets

Concentration curls

27 pounds an arm for 12 reps and 4 sets

Cable Ab Crunches x 3 sets at 60 pounds to failure

Next I did Romanian Deadlifts . Light Weight , really took them slow .

185x 15 reps for four sets

I supersetted these with rear lateral raises

15 pounds x 10 reps for 4 sets .

I finished off the workout with pull ups

10 reps for 3 sets > My back was blasted at this point . I made sure to hang at the bottom of each rep .

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow, these seem like some brutal workouts, but you're killing it in here!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10 reps for 3 sets > My back was blasted at this point . I made sure to hang at the bottom of each rep .
Doing pull ups as a finisher on back day is my go to. After hitting lat pulldowns earlier in my workout my lats and biceps are usually shot by the end so it makes BW pull ups even harder.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Doing pull ups as a finisher on back day is my go to. After hitting lat pulldowns earlier in my workout my lats and biceps are usually shot by the end so it makes BW pull ups even harder.

Yeah these really hit the spot . I’ll have to keep this in mind for the future

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
God is Beast Shoulder press day

Hit the ground running again with super sets . I super setted the whole workout .

Shoulder press
45x5
55x5
65x5
80x5

Working sets
90x5
100x5
115x5
95x5
115x5
125x5

Super setted in exercises

Hack Squats
250x 25 reps for 4 sets

EZ curl barbell curls
75 pounds x 12 for 3 sets

Hanging leg raises x 3 sets to failure

After the shoulder press I did :

Pendley rows
135x 4 sets at 10 reps

Supersetted with:

Off the pins Swiss Bar Press
145 pounds x 8 reps for four sets .

I finished up the workout with 3 sets of concentration curls per arm at 27 pounds.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Weekly weigh in:

Weight trended downward this week after being at a stand still last week. Total weight loss was 1.5 pounds over the last two weeks . Weight is down to 186 which is one pound off from the goal weight of 185.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
God is Beast

Heavy Squat Day

Weight moved really easily today. I wasn’t sure how it was going to go at the beginning of the workout but it actually was very manageable.

You’re never really sure if the weight loss is going to catch up to you or not. Especially this late into the cut but I think I set my training maxes well because I haven’t been buried yet .

Squats

Warm up
135x5
160x5
195x5

Working sets
226x5
260x5
290x5
260x5
290x5
325x3
(The book said to do 1-3 reps , I went with three because they moved so smooth and easily , I took them pretty slow and really focused on staying tight.)

After that was done I did some super sets

Dumbbell lunges at 27 pounds an arm. 15 reps per leg for four sets

Supersetted with hammer curls at 27 pounds an arm for 10 reps

Next I did Arnold press
27 pounds at 15 reps for four sets

Supersetted with

Pull ups 4 sets at 10 reps

I finished up the workout with 3 sets of hanging leg raises to failure super setted with 3 sets of concentration curls per arm at 27 pounds for 12 reps .