pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Starting weight 189.4 as of Saturday

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I will be updating my weight every Sunday. I weigh myself everyday, after I wake up in the morning and will provide a weekly weight average

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Photos taken at end of last log. I will post updated progress photos at the one month mark and at the end of the log.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Goal for the log :

I am hoping to get my weight down to 185 over the course of the 8 weeks, hopefully lean out a bit . As I am running a leader cycle that is 6 weeks long, I will not be going for any PRS on the main lifts . I will do a push up test a dip test and a pull up test this week and at the end of the log.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Dosing protocol:

Vector: 3 with lunch 3 with dinner

Alpha Bulk: 3 45 minutes before workout on workout days . 3 in the AM on non workout days

Flashpoint/ Epi-Chaos: 1 ml ( 5 pumps ) in the AM,
1 ml in the PM everyday of each (2 ml total of each a day.)

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Other Supplements:
Orange Triad Multivitamin
Omega 3 Fish Oils

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
God Is Beast
Squat day workout:

Beast Squats:
135x5
165x5
195x5
225x5
260x5
295x5
245x5
275x5
310x 5

Accessories:
Weighted dips/ Weighted Pull ups 45 pounds added to body weight
5 reps for 5 sets

Dumbbell Lunges :
27 pounds per arm for 3 sets of 15 reps

Concentration Curls:
3 sets of 12 at 27 pounds

Hanging leg raises:
2 sets to failure

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely in on this!

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Surprised you're trying to lean put on both Vector and Alphabulk. I felt better in a slight caloric surplus on both.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Following. I love alpha bulk and just grabbed two of the new vector yesterday. Stoked for this. You have all killer brands in this run!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Following. I love alpha bulk and just grabbed two of the new vector yesterday. Stoked for this. You have all killer brands in this run!
yea if the AB proves to be as good as they tout, then this will be a well designed stack which may help you get lean and mean~

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Surprised you're trying to lean put on both Vector and Alphabulk. I felt better in a slight caloric surplus on both.
From the write up on Alpha Bulk
Featuring an industry first powerhouse anabolic agent α-Cedrene, dosed at a fully clinically efficacious level. It has been shown to potently enhance skeletal muscle mass and strength, while simultaneously enhancing fat loss! Working in unison with α-Cedrene is another superstar addition which made its introduction in K1NGS PCT, α-Ionone but this time in its most potent liquid form, to deliver a full clinical validated dosage to further drive muscle protein synthesis to the extreme, while simultaneously being a potent anti-catabolic and lipotropic agent. AlphaBulk contains the new, innovative, and groundbreaking Liquigel capsules, to ensure you get the maximum benefit possible! This technology surpasses all other supplement delivery systems and OL is the brand that brought it to you first!

From the write up on Vector 2:

ERIOBOTRYA JAPONICA -1000mg Mixed extracts.

Quick breakdown=
PPARα agonist
Increased insulin sensitivity
DGAT expression +
AMPK+
UCP-3+
Increased the strength of muscle contractions
Increased physical performance and strength
Not muscle mass specifically
Helps prevent muscle loss

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I’m just trying to hold onto what I have on the way down, I want to get pretty lean before I bulk so I can bulk for a long time before having to cut again.

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m just trying to hold onto what I have on the way down, I want to get pretty lean before I bulk so I can bulk for a long time before having to cut again.
True I hear you. FWIW you look to be about 10-12%bf already.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
True I hear you. FWIW you look to be about 10-12%bf already.
Hopefully around there but my scale has me pegged around 14 percent body fat but I know scales aren’t very accurate . I used to have a Skulpt back in the day, it was pretty cool when it worked but the battery died and they don’t make them anymore.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
God is Beast Bench Day.

I’m just following the plan as it’s laid out. I was benching pretty light today which was nice as I’m pretty sore from the squats yesterday .

Bench Sets
Bar x5
135x5
155x5

Working sets
165x5 for 10 sets

I super- setted the working sets with the following:

4 sets of 12 reps of Single Arm Dumbbell rows at 60 pounds

3 sets of Standing Calf Raises at 250 pounds for 12 reps

4 sets of cable ab crunches at 60 pounds for 12 reps

after the bench was done I did :

3 sets of close grip bench presses at 135 pounds for 10 reps

Super-setted with

3 sets of 10 reps at 27 pounds of Dumbbell Hammer curls .

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
God is Beast Bench Day.

I’m just following the plan as it’s laid out. I was benching pretty light today which was nice as I’m pretty sore from the squats yesterday .

Bench Sets
Bar x5
135x5
155x5

Working sets
165x5 for 10 sets

I super- setted the working sets with the following:

4 sets of 12 reps of Single Arm Dumbbell rows at 60 pounds

3 sets of Standing Calf Raises at 250 pounds for 12 reps

4 sets of cable ab crunches at 60 pounds for 12 reps

after the bench was done I did :

3 sets of close grip bench presses at 135 pounds for 10 reps

Super-setted with

3 sets of 10 reps at 27 pounds of Dumbbell Hammer curls .
Bet those supersets at the end had your arms pumped

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Decided to add this to the mix too because why not ? There’s already so many cooks in the kitchen we won’t know for sure what does what but we will know what happens when you stack a ton of the top natty supplements, train with a proven program and follow proper nutrition for 8 weeks. Let’s see how much weight this adds!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Decided to add this to the mix too because why not ? There’s already so many cooks in the kitchen we won’t know for sure what does what but we will know what happens when you stack a ton of the top natty supplements, train with a proven program and follow proper nutrition for 8 weeks. Let’s see how much weight this adds!
Definitely won't hurt! I've taken 5g creatine in my post workout shake for as long as I can remember.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
God is Beast Deadlift Day

Deadlift sets
WU
135x5
225x5
245x5

Working sets
280x5
320x5
360x5
300x5
340x5
380x5>>> This felt heavy, the back of my legs were still sore from the squat day earlier in the week and they were screaming through all the working sets .

Assistance work

Pendlay Row

135x10 for 5 sets

Supersetted with:

Arnold Press

27 pounds per arm for 3 sets of 15

and then

Body weight dips for 3 sets of 20 reps

after that I did:

Dumbbell lunges
27 pounds> 3 sets of 15 per leg

Supersetted with :

3 sets of 12 concentration curls per arm

additional exercise:
hanging leg raises for 2 sets to failure

I was pretty fried at the end of this workout . Definitely hitting the foam roller tonight .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Definitely won't hurt! I've taken 5g creatine in my post workout shake for as long as I can remember.
I’m curious to see how much weight I gain by the end of the loading phase . I am doing the 20 grams a day for 7 days , so we will see if the scale goes up or stays around the same due to the caloric deficit .

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m curious to see how much weight I gain by the end of the loading phase . I am doing the 20 grams a day for 7 days , so we will see if the scale goes up or stays around the same due to the caloric deficit .
If you're taking in a good amount of water per day your weight will definitely increase for sure.

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thought your goal was to lose weight?

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Thought your goal was to lose weight?
Goal is fat loss, weight gained from creatine does not count . I’m still eating in a calorie deficit so if the scale goes up, it will eventually come back down only I will be leaner at a higher weight.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been drinking it up like a camel lately . Maybe a bit too much, as I keep having to get up from my desk …😅
I'm the same way. I'd say I go pee every 2 hours minimum throughout the day :LOL:

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
God Is Beast

Shoulder Press Day

I was feeling pretty run down today . I didn’t super set in with the working sets but just went through the sets . For the shoulder press it was called out as doing 5 reps at the set weight . I went for 8’s

Workout
Overhead Press

Warm up
45x5
65x5
85x5

Working sets
90 x8 reps for 10 sets

Hack Squat
250 pounds for 25 reps for four sets

The back of my legs were screaming at the end of each of these sets . My hamstrings have been sore since after the squat day on Monday. I am going to hit the foam roller tonight and tomorrow and hopefully they aren’t sore before the next squat session on Monday.

Next I did do a superset

Underhand barbell rows
90 pounds x15 reps for 4 sets , I left these hang at the bottom and really tried to squeeze out the light weight

Supersetted with:

Swiss bar off the bottom Bench Press
145x6 for four sets . I let these rest at the bottom and tried to explode up and then lower the bar slowly over 5-10 seconds or so .

Next I did

two sets of 12 of concentration curls

Supersetted with:
Two sets of hanging leg raises to failure .

I am doing concentration curls every workout moving forward to really try and bring up my bicep peaks . Hopefully it works .

I did a couple of benchmark tests today:

Body weight dips: 45 reps

Body weight pull ups: 23 reps

The form on both of these was not super strict . I was just repping them out to get a baseline to compare to at the end of the log . I will probably do a push up test at the beginning of the next bench day to get a baseline value for that .

I was feeling pretty beat down this week. Hopefully next week goes better. I have been sore non-stop every day from the workouts . I am doing everything I can apart from upping calories to optimize recovery . Making sure I get enough sleep and eating around 300 grams of protein a day .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I have ordered some body fat calipers off Amazon and they should arrive next week. I am going to get my wife to measure my body fat with the calipers when they come in and I will post the results from that on the Sunday weigh in day . I will then have her check my body fat again at the 4 week mark and again at the end of the log.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
So from last week I am down 1.3 pounds but two weeks ago my weekly weigh in had me at 188.5. Before starting this log, on my deload week I had hit an all you can eat buffet. I can eat a lot and this gorge myself fest caused my weight to shoot up to 189.4. I didn’t realize you could gain that much weight from a “cheat meal” but I probably consumed around 10,000 calories in one sitting, Maybe more because I did really go hard on the dessert bar after I was fully stuffed from the mains.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I probably consumed around 10,000 calories in one sitting
I always see the 10k calorie challenges on youtube. I really want to try it one day just for fun.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

God is Beast Volume Squat Day

Weight was set good and light today so I really pushed to super set every set of squats

Warm up
Bar x5
135x5
185x5

Working sets
210 x5 reps super setted with one of the following :

Double over hand wide grip chins :
Pausing at the bottom of each rep x 10 reps for 5 sets

Dips x20 reps for 5 sets

After all the squats were done I did lunges

27 pounds for 15 reps per leg for 3 sets
Super setted with:

3 sets of 10 at 27 pounds hammer curls

To finish up the workout I did :
3 sets of 12 per arm at 27 pounds concentration curls . I really squeezed these at the top

Super setted with:
3 sets of cable ab crunches at 60 pounds . I didn’t count these just really squeezed at the bottom and went to near failure.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
God is Beast

Bench Day

Felt a bit better today , supersetted everything

Bench Sets

Warm up:
bar x 5
95 x 5
135x 5
155x 5

Working Sets:
185x5
205x5
230x5
190x5
215x5
240x5

Super setted with:

Standing Calf Raises
4 sets x 15 five seconds down at 245

Dumbbell Bench Rows
62x4 sets of 12

Next I did
4 sets of close grip bench
135x10 reps

Super setted with

3 sets of concentrations curls per arm at 27 pounds x 12 reps

Then I did:
3 sets of EZ curl bar lay down Tricep extensions
75 pounds x 15 reps

I haven’t done these in forever , they really hit the triceps well, I need to start doing these again!

SS with

3 sets of hanging leg raises to failure .

I got a pretty good pump today . Vascularity is really starting to come out