Vandyl Sulfate on CKD

adnscmplx

Awards
I am in need of some clarification regarding the use of VS and other supplements during Carb Up on CKD.

On Lyle McDonald's Body opus FAQ he recommends using VS as well as chromium and magnesium and goes on to recommend dosing and other specifics.

In his book the ketogenic diet, however, he says "The use of vandyl sulfate is not recommended on a ketogenic diet." He also says that anecdotal evidence suggests that chromium has "minimal effects" on CKD. He does not mention magnesium but gives a strong endorsement to the use of ALA during carb up.

If anyone can help to clear up these contradictions that would be helpful.

I'm currently thinking that I will keep taking 1800mg R-ALA/day during carb up and until return to keto and put the VS, Chromium, and Mg back in the closet.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I believe his body opus pages were done before the creation of the ketogenic diet. Body Opus was released in 96 , so were Lyle's pages on it. I'm pretty sure that the Ketogenic Diet book that he released was in 98, actually says in the book it was copyrighted in 98

The differences might be in part to whatever scientific discoveries were founded between that two year period or have to do with the differences in the style of dieting of body opus to the diets he had panned out.