Vaccine, anyone?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I didn’t plan on taking the vaccine (for Covid) and I have never care for any flue shots, to be honest I really don’t want to inject anything that won’t get me “bigger, stronger and faster” 😉

But, my work have made it mandatory to take the vaccine, it sucks but it is what it is...

How do you guys feel about the vaccine, did anyone already take it, are planning on taking it or definitely won’t take it at all?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I got COVID. So I'm not taking a vaccine. And there is typically a loophole that is not advertised. Find the loophole. I believe in medical autonomy; nobody can force a medical procedure on you.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm not planning on taking it.

Do you work for the Government?

You are the first person I've talked to who said it was mandatory for them.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got it. Moderna first dose. Have to wait two more weeks for second shot. I personally just want some normalcy but respect others decisions to opt out. A lot of my family is not getting it (at least for a while). I had zero negative sides, neither did my wife, older sister, or Mom who is 65.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I got COVID. So I'm not taking a vaccine. And there is typically a loophole that is not advertised. Find the loophole. I believe in medical autonomy; nobody can force a medical procedure on you.
It might be hard to find a loophole because the legal department of our company is on board with it, unfortunately... :(

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It might be hard to find a loophole because the legal department of our company is on board with it, unfortunately... :(
yeah you dont have to take it but they make it a requirement of employment and youd be out of a job :-(

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm not planning on taking it.

Do you work for the Government?

You are the first person I've talked to who said it was mandatory for them.
No but I work in the executive department of a big corporation. I knew it was going to be offered to all of us but I hoped it was not going to mandatory...

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My loved ones and I will not be taking it. There is a blatant agenda driven by fear and I will not take part in it.
I agree. I don’t want to take it, plus my wife had it and I didn’t get it so the chances is slim that I ever will get it.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree. I don’t want to take it, plus my wife had it and I didn’t get it so the chances is slim that I ever will get it.
Exactly, It’s not logical at all for you to get it. I’ve already had covid and it absolutely doesn’t justify a vaccine to me.

I will assuredly be in the same boat as you due to my employer being a massive player in healthcare. I’m prepared to lose my job over it and have taken necessary precautions like paying off a home, savings, etc.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Exactly, It’s not logical at all for you to get it. I’ve already had covid and it absolutely doesn’t justify a vaccine to me.

I will assuredly be in the same boat as you due to my employer being a massive player in healthcare. I’m prepared to lose my job over it and have taken necessary precautions like paying off a home, savings, etc.
Wow, you planning to go to war huh?! Good for you, I’m not ready to go to war for this but I would if it’s something I strongly believe in so I totally understand you and respect you for it. Hope it doesn’t get to that but if it do, good luck.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wow, you planning to go to war huh?! Good for you, I’m not ready to go to war for this but I would if it’s something I strongly believe in so I totally understand you and respect you for it. Hope it doesn’t get to that but if it do, good luck.
It’s the first big slip on an very slippery slope so yes it’s time to stand up IMO. Thank you for your kind words

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My renter is a nurse. She was forced to get the vac at her clinic. She said she tested positive after and she's been on quarantine, also mentioned sides from the shot itself.... Just came to pay rent yesterday in person... Crazy stuff

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My renter is a nurse. She was forced to get the vac at her clinic. She said she tested positive after and she's been on quarantine, also mentioned sides from the shot itself.... Just came to pay rent yesterday in person... Crazy stuff
I know someone that was positive too. Crazy thing about this is his family never tested they all received a call to say they were positive. Hmmmmmmmm

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I know someone that was positive too. Crazy thing about this is his family never tested they all received a call to say they were positive. Hmmmmmmmm
Testing positive after she got the vaccine was the crazy part. From the vac, false positive? 🤷 Y'all get it I'll wait, prob forever (prob will get forced)

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Testing positive after she got the vaccine was the crazy part. From the vac, false positive? 🤷 Y'all get it I'll wait, prob forever (prob will get forced)
Actually it’s not that surprising as they said without the second dose you’re as likely to get it as someone who didn’t get his first dose lol.

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Actually it’s not that surprising as they said without the second dose you’re as likely to get it as someone who didn’t get his first dose lol.
I'll have to ask if she got the second I didn't even think about it since her kid was with her and it was lateish

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Haven't worn a mask and I definitely won't be getting the vaccine either. They can have my head before they control me into that.
With all this forced shots I won't be surprised if you'll have to prove you got one to travel... Why I bet I'll have to get one

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
With all this forced shots I won't be surprised if you'll have to prove you got one to travel... Why I bet I'll have to get one
And shop, and congregate, conduct business, etc. In due time.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don’t really want to get the vaccine, in the same way I don’t get a flu shot every year. I’m not concerned by catching covid at all.

but I don’t especially believe there’s a big conspiracy or anything tbh

so far in the uk there’s no talk of it being mandatory but rumours it’ll be needed to travel etc. I highly doubt my company would make me and I’m not office based anyway. But If it’s going to affect me doing things I want to do I’ll roll my eyes and get it I guess.

one thing I don’t understand about it being mandatory or forced is that they’ve said they don’t know if it stops you passing the virus on (as in even when you have the vaccine you might not get seriously ill but you can still carry it) so if that’s the case the only difference is that you personally are more at risk not having it, if you can still pass it to others then that’s no difference to how it is with it without it......which makes it ridiculous to make it mandatory to protect others....

UKG

Awards
  • First Up Vote
That feel when you realize...
Virus comes from China
Mask come from China
VACCINE comes from China

hmmm :unsure:
Hmmm indeed. The virus may have come from China, but the masks I buy for work and for face coverings are not from China. And the vaccine sure isn’t in the UK. I find it hard to believe the US vaccine is the Chinese one, I thought you were using Pfizer and Moderna?
I think there’s a whole **** load of paranoia and baseless conspiracy going on personally. But each to their own!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t really want to get the vaccine, in the same way I don’t get a flu shot every year. I’m not concerned by catching covid at all.

but I don’t especially believe there’s a big conspiracy or anything tbh

so far in the uk there’s no talk of it being mandatory but rumours it’ll be needed to travel etc. I highly doubt my company would make me and I’m not office based anyway. But If it’s going to affect me doing things I want to do I’ll roll my eyes and get it I guess.

one thing I don’t understand about it being mandatory or forced is that they’ve said they don’t know if it stops you passing the virus on (as in even when you have the vaccine you might not get seriously ill but you can still carry it) so if that’s the case the only difference is that you personally are more at risk not having it, if you can still pass it to others then that’s no difference to how it is with it without it......which makes it ridiculous to make it mandatory to protect others....
So let me summarize what you just said:

-You don’t want to get the vaccine

-you will get it anyways since your rights are being eroded/or your being cornered to get it

-the vaccine doesn’t make logical sense to you from a transmission standpoint

All that being said, can’t you see how there could be an agenda embedded in all that?!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can see the TV Ads years from now, "Did you get the Covid Vaccine in 2021 ?" Our Law firm can get you a settlement !!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So let me summarize what you just said:

-You don’t want to get the vaccine

-you will get it anyways since your rights are being eroded/or your being cornered to get it

-the vaccine doesn’t make logical sense to you from a transmission standpoint

All that being said, can’t you see how there could be an agenda embedded in all that?!
😂😂 yeah that summarises it

I do understand why the vaccine for those most affected makes sense (avoid health care services being overwhelmed) but I assume most if not all people who are at higher risk would be happy to receive it (I would).

but I don’t get why making it mandatory for those of us who aren’t likely to end up in hospital makes any sense if it also doesn’t stop us transmitting it? 🤷

but yeah, if I’m made to I’ll bend over and pull my pants down I guess. Too old to be rallying against the dark forces of evil

truthfully though I don’t see a conspiracy in all this, just don’t think it’s feasible. Getting pretty much every world leader (with all those conflicting ideologies) on board, killing millions etc to what end? If it’s a microchip they can use the one in any bit of tech I’ve got to track me?

I just can’t see an end game for that to make sense

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I will not be getting the vaccine. I fully support those who wish to do so, but I'm not interested in a rushed vaccine with unknown long term side effects.

If it gets to a point where my employer mandates it, I'll be updating my resume and moving on. Simple as that.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
yeah that summarises it

I do understand why the vaccine for those most affected makes sense (avoid health care services being overwhelmed) but I assume most if not all people who are at higher risk would be happy to receive it (I would).

but I don’t get why making it mandatory for those of us who aren’t likely to end up in hospital makes any sense if it also doesn’t stop us transmitting it? 🤷

but yeah, if I’m made to I’ll bend over and pull my pants down I guess. Too old to be rallying against the dark forces of evil

truthfully though I don’t see a conspiracy in all this, just don’t think it’s feasible. Getting pretty much every world leader (with all those conflicting ideologies) on board, killing millions etc to what end? If it’s a microchip they can use the one in any bit of tech I’ve got to track me?

I just can’t see an end game for that to make sense
I get it. Many are like you as they have executed this flawlessly to the point where people have zero fight left. I’m not taking jabs, it’s just what I’ve observed.

End game is controlling a sick population that is dependent on the elite. Every world leader doesn’t have to be on board or know the full extent at which this is executed. And/or They are coerced just and you and I but in different ways.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I get it. Many are like you as they have executed this flawlessly to the point where people have zero fight left. I’m not taking jabs, it’s just what I’ve observed.

End game is controlling a sick population that is dependent on the elite. Every world leader doesn’t have to be on board or know the full extent at which this is executed. And/or They are coerced just and you and I but in different ways.
for sure I can’t say that’s wrong bro.

the whole thing has totally taken any fight out of me. Homeschooling kids, work changing, the gym I got involved in after exiting mine being closed. There is a big part of me that simply doesn’t care if it is a conspiracy or not, just get the vaccine out and let us get back to life.

the one thing I have said from the start and still believe is that there is no way this all started with some Chinese dude eating a bat........

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmm indeed. The virus may have come from China, but the masks I buy for work and for face coverings are not from China. And the vaccine sure isn’t in the UK. I find it hard to believe the US vaccine is the Chinese one, I thought you were using Pfizer and Moderna?
I think there’s a whole **** load of paranoia and baseless conspiracy going on personally. But each to their own!
YEah, it's really difficult to tell if the vaccine is actually dangerous.
There is misinformaton from anti-vaxers and groups like QAnon.
There's propaganga from Russia that seems to discredit all vaxines but their's.
And then there are real possible long term side effects due to short study times. But difficult to know how many are true (it's a minority or sure but even a little might be dangerous).
I'm all for vaccinating majority of the population so safety measures can be canceled and the minority who isn't vaccinated must take care of their own safety. Although it is individual decision, side efects of vaccine aren't greater than the virus. Hospidals full with even restrictions in place isn't sustainable long term.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
for sure I can’t say that’s wrong bro.

the whole thing has totally taken any fight out of me. Homeschooling kids, work changing, the gym I got involved in after exiting mine being closed. There is a big part of me that simply doesn’t care if it is a conspiracy or not, just get the vaccine out and let us get back to life.

the one thing I have said from the start and still believe is that there is no way this all started with some Chinese dude eating a bat........
That’s real and honest man. The problem is that the biggest lie I feel we have been sold and people are telling themselves is that the vaccine will make things go back to normal. We are so tired that we are willing put our hope and literal faith in a “rushed/experiments” vaccine. It will only get worse from here and people will get sicker and more tired.

I put experimental in quotations cause I am almost positive it isn’t. This whole thing has been calculated for a long time IMO.

I appreciate your realness Man. We need more of that instead of inflammatory bickering.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will not be getting the vaccine. I fully support those who wish to do so, but I'm not interested in a rushed vaccine with unknown long term side effects.
I with you on this !

More people die from smoking than covid, but they will still sell you heavily taxes smokes ??? So who are they really looking out for ??

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
most n95 mask are

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I look at catching covid and taking a vac as two games of Russian roulette. I think catching the actual virus is the more dangerous of the two. Just because you had it once and survived doesn't mean you will a second time. Those anti bodies don't last forever.

I'll get the vac as soon as it's available.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Haven't worn a mask and I definitely won't be getting the vaccine either. They can have my head before they control me into that.
Curious where you live that you haven’t had to wear a mask.

I was against the vaccine at first, but I’m more open to it now.

Like Rocket said, I can see those daytime commercials now for the future victim settlements.

But at the same time, I haven’t experienced any side effects from the numerous other vaccines that were mandated - measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, polio, etc.

It’s just mis-information overload all around, politics, origin of the virus, safety of the vaccine. 🤷‍♂️

I just want to be able to go to gyms, bars, strip clubs and take trips again!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I look at catching covid and taking a vac as two games of Russian roulette. I think catching the actual virus is the more dangerous of the two. Just because you had it once and survived doesn't mean you will a second time. Those anti bodies don't last forever.

I'll get the vac as soon as it's available.
So you’re saying willingly choosing to play Russian by getting the vaccine. Vaccine antibodies may not last forever. I’m not trying to mean, but your rationale isn’t very good for such a large choice. Just being honest

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Curious where you live that you haven’t had to wear a mask.

I was against the vaccine at first, but I’m more open to it now.

Like Rocket said, I can see those daytime commercials now for the future victim settlements.

But at the same time, I haven’t experienced any side effects from the numerous other vaccines that were mandated - measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, polio, etc.

It’s just mis-information overload all around, politics, origin of the virus, safety of the vaccine. 🤷‍♂️

I just want to be able to go to gyms, bars, strip clubs and take trips again!
Pussy is a strong motivator, lol

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
So you’re saying willingly choosing to play Russian by getting the vaccine. Vaccine antibodies may not last forever. I’m not trying to mean, but your rationale isn’t very good for such a large choice. Just being honest
I'm forced to leave my house every day. I currently take risk each and every day I wake up. I'm already playing one game. Time to try a new game. Make better sense?

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You’re talking like there’s a war outside your house and you there’s a 50% chance you don’t make it back home?
When you're a danksta (not to be confused with a gangsta) you've really got to survive the mean streets. It's hard out there for a pimp

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You’re talking like there’s a war outside your house and you there’s a 50% chance you don’t make it back home?
There's sick people who lack basic hygiene everywhere. They take a ****, don't wash their hands then go use the self checkout at the same store as me or you. Lots of variables people don't think about.

When you're a danksta (not to be confused with a gangsta) you've really got to survive the mean streets. It's hard out there for a pimp
So original.