Vaccinate your kids?

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My son plays baseball and the word is you better be vaccinated to play.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, just afraid of possibly long terms that are unknown.

We have a friend that is a er nurse and she said there are just as many vaccinated in the hospital as non. She is not vaccinated and has never been covid + she said no way would her son will be a lab rat.

I'm 50-50 on getting him vaccinated
It could save his life?

Then there is myocarditis...

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm maybe in the minority here, so I'll go 1nd. I had my concerns when the vax first came out but at this point, I'm not afraid of this or any other vaccine. I am vaccinated and I encourage (not mock ridicule or browbeat) others to get it as well. Yes, I'd recommend anyone eligible, including your son, get vaccinated.

Edit: if anyone believes I'll be dead in 3 years, please feel free to stock up on my products naow! 😉😇🤷‍♂️

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just regards the hospital admissions…..this is simply the statistical likelihood now. In any country where a majority are vaccinated (and taking into account the fact the vast majority of unvaccinated are young with no underlying health conditions) then you would absolutely expect to see ‘as many vaccinated as unvaccinated’ in hospital.

even vaccinated the elderly and infirm are still at risk (albeit a potentially lower risk now).

im in the uk and we have the same thing.

however, percentage wise a much greater percentage of the admissions are younger than previously (as that’s the unvaccinated population).

all that said, I am unvaccinated (intentionally). My gut tells me something isn’t right and I’ve listened to that. Would I vaccinate my kids? No personally I wouldn’t but you need to read as much as possible and make the best decision you can for you.

there is no right or wrong here, we don’t know ‘the truth’ or if there’s going to be issues down the line,

its a horrible position and decision. But you call it as you see it and I hope it works out for you.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm maybe in the minority here, so I'll go 1nd. I had my concerns when the vax first came out but at this point, I'm not afraid of this or any other vaccine. I am vaccinated and I encourage (not mock ridicule or browbeat) others to get it as well. Yes, I'd recommend anyone eligible, including your son, get vaccinated.

Edit: if anyone believes I'll be dead in 3 years, please feel free to stock up on my products naow! 😉😇🤷‍♂️
I suppose I may too be the minority then. You said it very well. I am 100% against government mandates and hate that people are being forced to get vaccinated to participate in basically life. However, of all the people I know that have been vaccinated I know of none that have had any issues. Of all the people I know that have had Covid, several of those were in the hospital and 1 otherwise healthy man nearly died and was on a ventilator. Vaccines have been around since the late 1800's. I took my chance with it vs Covid, which I understand it's still possible to contract. It's a terrible choice to have to make and I respect everyone's choice. I wish the harsh words and fighting would stop. The media is largely to blame. Good luck with whatever choice you make sir.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We have our kids vaccinated for everything, but we will not be getting them vaccinated for Covid anytime soon. I don't care about the guilt trips and other fear mongering related to Covid and transmission from children- I don't believe they have a clue how this can affect growing bodies at this point and I've never seen a kid get anything more than a sniffle and a headache.

Here in CO there is about a 70/30 split on no vaccines vs vaccine stance from parents based on feedback from friends of ours who are Principals or in the admin staff of several school districts around us.

I reluctantly got mine because we travel a lot so I just don't want to be stuck somewhere because of it.

I will add that we personally know of at least 5-6 people that got serious side affects after vaccination and that is largely why my wife still hasn't got hers.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just regards the hospital admissions…..this is simply the statistical likelihood now. In any country where a majority are vaccinated (and taking into account the fact the vast majority of unvaccinated are young with no underlying health conditions) then you would absolutely expect to see ‘as many vaccinated as unvaccinated’ in hospital.

even vaccinated the elderly and infirm are still at risk (albeit a potentially lower risk now).

im in the uk and we have the same thing.

however, percentage wise a much greater percentage of the admissions are younger than previously (as that’s the unvaccinated population).

all that said, I am unvaccinated (intentionally). My gut tells me something isn’t right and I’ve listened to that. Would I vaccinate my kids? No personally I wouldn’t but you need to read as much as possible and make the best decision you can for you.

there is no right or wrong here, we don’t know ‘the truth’ or if there’s going to be issues down the line,

its a horrible position and decision. But you call it as you see it and I hope it works out for you.
Couldn't have said it better if I tried. 10000% agree on everything.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
My son plays baseball and the word is you better be vaccinated to play.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, just afraid of possibly long terms that are unknown.

We have a friend that is a er nurse and she said there are just as many vaccinated in the hospital as non. She is not vaccinated and has never been covid + she said no way would her son will be a lab rat.

I'm 50-50 on getting him vaccinated
It could save his life?

Then there is myocarditis...
unless he is obese and have multiple co-morbities, likelyhood of hospitalization is minuscule <.001%.

If he is playing baseball and such then he is active and healthy. give him some zinc and vitD3 dont worry about it... keep some quercetin, NAC on hand.. you can always stock up on horse ivermectin.

I have a 3 month old and 4.5 year old. hell no they aint getting that experimental rona vax.. mind you i am not anti-vax and both of them received the routine vaccines that have been around for decades..

Last edited:

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you.
I'm leaning towards getting the vaccine with my son. My wife on the other hand believes it is very possible he never picks up covid or like others have said he is a very healthy young athlete training every day etc. He will be fine.

How can you carry 20-25 kids on a team and expect it to work if every week this guy has to quarantine next week that guy...
But even if vaccinated you still will get it but not have to quarantine???

This is from my wife's fb.
I think it has been sped up like what Derek does with videos. Not bad check it out

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have dug extensively into the vaccine info from the fringe corners of the internet to pro vaccine/mainstream sources/clinical trial data...and my family will not be getting the vaccine for an extensive host of reasons.

To distill it down in light of your question, kids are at insanely low risk, and the vaccine is experimental with zero long term data. From what I know, it’s insane for me to even consider it for my kids. Like honestly, if you’re afraid of covid killing/hurting your child, you should probably keep them indoors to protect them from lightning. I don’t mean this to be rude to you or make light of the decision your weighing. It’s just to emphasize my stance against it. (I also don’t think adults shouldn’t be getting it but you didn’t ask about that.)

Best of luck shepherding your family. It’s not easy

Last edited:

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's interesting that we are all sharing common thought here and most anyone I have met where this comes up does as well, yet all I am seeing is the opposite in the news. Hmmmmm

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Again who knows but the medical professionals I know say they would rather kids catch now than later in life. But hearing kids sick in the news sure is a headline grabber and scary.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well in Florida alone there are currently more than 50 kids (18 and under) per day admitted to the hospital due to the China virus. So the perception that kids are unaffected simply isn’t true. While 50 per day is a relatively low number, I am sure it can still sound rather unsettling to some parents out there.

Trust what your gut is telling you at this point and feel good about your choice..

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Something you won’t see on CNN/Fox.
Many physicians feel this way but there are more that are falling into the group think of the mainstream agenda. Very much worth your time to listen!

I always ask myself. What would someone like him have to gain when he is going against the grain? It wouldn’t be fame or fortune that I can tell...🤷🏼‍♂️ on the other hand Vaccines made 9+ new billionaires.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Something you won’t see on CNN/Fox.
Many physicians feel this way but there are more that are falling into the group think of the mainstream agenda. Very much worth your time to listen!

I always ask myself. What would someone like him have to gain when he is going against the grain? It wouldn’t be fame or fortune that I can tell...🤷🏼‍♂️ on the other hand Vaccines made 9+ new billionaires.
I do think you can get a decent amount of fame/notoriety just from being contrary to the main stream.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is helping me out. Your opinions mean a lot.

Most of my other buddies that have a boy playing ball all are getting the first shot. So the second shot will be done by fall season. That isn't even recognized as a season in high school.

Now I'm back to no shot and just ride this motherfuckr out. I will say that it does seem like a lot of people I actually know now are getting it.

I gotta catch up and watch the videos.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My son is 13. He's actually doing a LOT of his own research. He knows my wife & I both do not want it. He actually considered it at first, but now doesn't want it.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My son is 13. He's actually doing a LOT of his own research. He knows my wife & I both do not want it. He actually considered it at first, but now doesn't want it.
Yeah, everyone I know with kids that are eligible for vaccination are letting them make their own choice, even when it doesn’t align with their own.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So we just had our first decline from friends of ours because our 13 year old daughter isn't vaccinated. These are friends of 25 years and we were supposed to have dinner with them tonight and they asked if our daughter was vaccinated, but didn't ask about us. When my wife told them that she wasn't they said, "that's too bad, get a hold of us when she is.."

Sucks that we have to lose long time friends over this but I guarantee this will be forever weird now between my wife and them.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So we just had our first decline from friends of ours because our 13 year old daughter isn't vaccinated. These are friends of 25 years and we were supposed to have dinner with them tonight and they asked if our daughter was vaccinated, but didn't ask about us. When my wife told them that she wasn't they said, "that's too bad, get a hold of us when she is.."

Sucks that we have to lose long time friends over this but I guarantee this will be forever weird now between my wife and them.
That is unfortunate. No matter what side of the vax fence one leans toward, I think most people would agree that was highly irrational of the wife to respond that way. Particularly since it seems as though your daughter wasn’t included in the dinner plans to begin with.

Let’s just say your daughter was in a transmissible phase of infection without knowing it. The latest data I have heard about from “experts“ that are anti vaccine even admit that the vaccinated (you and your wife) are roughly 75% less likely to transmit the delta variant than someone who is unvaccinated and doesn’t have natural immunity. Then factor in the fact that your friends are vaccinated :)

It’s probably futile to try and change their mind though, as so many people have their mind made up in these scenarios. They may as well just live in a bubble though if they are concerned about this.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That is unfortunate. No matter what side of the vax fence one leans toward, I think most people would agree that was highly irrational of the wife to respond that way. Particularly since it seems as though your daughter wasn’t included in the dinner plans to begin with.

Let’s just say your daughter was in a transmissible phase of infection without knowing it. The latest data I have heard about from “experts“ that are anti vaccine even admit that the vaccinated (you and your wife) are roughly 75% less likely to transmit the delta variant than someone who is unvaccinated and doesn’t have natural immunity. Then factor in the fact that your friends are vaccinated :)

It’s probably futile to try and change their mind though, as so many people have their mind made up in these scenarios. They may as well just live in a bubble though if they are concerned about this.
Get out of here with your facts and evidence based arguments!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My children are healthy so I am playing the waiting game. If it actually stopped the spread different story. The flu is deadlier to our younger population.

If our government was honest I don’t think this would be such a fight. Dishonesty and compulsion are major turn offs to people who find authoritarian deceitful governments abhorrent.

I would say a lot of this is more about record profits than any of the crazier conspiracies.
They don’t need to chip us. We have phones and cameras everywhere.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

please put me in your will, within the next 3 years!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, everyone I know with kids that are eligible for vaccination are letting them make their own choice, even when it doesn’t align with their own.
i know you are all in for everyone to get vaccinated but i have respect for your not agreeing with people being forced or coerced into HAVING to get a vaccination.

Last edited:
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Wow, that’s pretty fcuked up. My coworker told me that he would buy me lunch if I get the vaccine.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol...you know damned well he would buy you lunch with or without vaccine:)
Oh, yes, I know. On the company credit card…. 🤣🤣🤣

My boss emailed me that she has to quarantine, because she was on vacation and some of her family members were NOT vaccinated. Like they’re the only ones who can give her covid.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh, yes, I know. On the company credit card…. 🤣🤣🤣

My boss emailed me that she has to quarantine, because she was on vacation and some of her family members were NOT vaccinated. Like they’re the only ones who can give her covid.
lol...you always make me laugh-thanks!!!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i know you are all in for everyone to get vaccinated but i have respect for your not agreeing with people being forced or coerced into HAVING to get a vaccination.
Well, let’s put it this way. Even I have had moments of doubt in regard to the vaccine being the right “choice” for me…not that I particularly have a choice now unless I were to upend my entire life moving forward. It definitely makes more sense for me personally to get it given my profession though. Despite all the conflicting data/presumptions on both sides, my gut does tell me my decision to accept the Pfizer vax will be a benign choice in the long run.

So let’s say I am 80-90% confident in my decision, how can I really judge other people who may feel 80-100% confident in their choice to not get vaccinated. However, when we talk about the high risk groups, it’s a completely different story. They are literally just leaving themselves wide open for severe illness.

That aside, I was very empathetic toward the girl I work with that I referred to prior that is very emotional about the vax mandate as she very much doesn’t want it. I was trying to help her find reasons for a medical exemption which seems futile. Aside from that, she can’t even get in to see her PCP that would have to authorize any potential exemption until after she will be due to get her first shot of Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J. She said she definitely doesn’t want the J&J. It’s rather half ass compared to the others.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, let’s put it this way. Even I have had moments of doubt in regard to the vaccine being the right “choice” for me…not that I particularly have a choice now unless I were to upend my entire life moving forward. It definitely makes more sense for me personally to get it given my profession though. Despite all the conflicting data/presumptions on both sides, my gut does tell me my decision to accept the Pfizer vax will be a benign choice in the long run.

So let’s say I am 80-90% confident in my decision, how can I really judge other people who may feel 80-100% confident in their choice to not get vaccinated. However, when we talk about the high risk groups, it’s a completely different story. They are literally just leaving themselves wide open for severe illness.

That aside, I was very empathetic toward the girl I work with that I referred to prior that is very emotional about the vax mandate as she very much doesn’t want it. I was trying to help her find reasons for a medical exemption which seems futile. Aside from that, she can’t even get in to see her PCP that would have to authorize any potential exemption until after she will be due to get her first shot of Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J. She said she definitely doesn’t want the J&J. It’s rather half ass compared to the others.
I am already planning to upend my entire life moving forward just in case my employer mandates and doesn’t accept exemptions. That’s how unhealthy these vaccines are to me and more so the slippery slope Id be encouraging if I participate.

I know you know my stance on the vaccine but maybe you didn’t know it to this degree lol

Last edited:
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am already planning to upend my entire life moving forward just on case my employer mandates and doesn’t accept exemptions. That’s how unhealthy these vaccines are to me and more so the slippery slope Id be encouraging if I participate.

I know you know my stance on the vaccine but maybe you didn’t know it to this degree lol
Yeah, the risk you also run with upending your life and finding a new employer is that you don’t know if they will eventually employ their own mandates. That’s another reason the girl I work with feels that it’s a futile battle.

I hope it all works out for you!

I do think employers should be considering antibody testing as an alternative at this point as well.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sad day when friends put that **** in front of your relationship with them kisaj, but I'm sure it will work out.

Well my boys best friend just got it. Last time he was with him they rode up to the gym before school 4days ago. No symptoms yet.

I asked him what he wants to do and he said he's tired of and just wants to get vaccinated and be done with it.

Wife has appointment for Tuesday for them both. I don't know what I'm going to do.
Still leaning towards no

My mother has lung cancer and we have been wearing masks for over 5 years and she has been safe.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am already planning to upend my entire life moving forward just on case my employer mandates and doesn’t accept exemptions. That’s how unhealthy these vaccines are to me and more so the slippery slope Id be encouraging if I participate.

it's a much easier path for me since i retired early this year---props for willingness to pay a price for something you believe in!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, the risk you also run with upending your life and finding a new employer is that you don’t know if they will eventually employ their own mandates. That’s another reason the girl I work with feels that it’s a futile battle.

I hope it all works out for you!

I do think employers should be considering antibody testing as an alternative at this point as well.
i can't believe how often during the last presidential election i heard 'follow the science'.......well, the science says those who have had the covid have natural immunity and for those people the vaccines are unnecessary.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i can't believe how often during the last presidential election i heard 'follow the science'.......well, the science says those who have had the covid have natural immunity and for those people the vaccines are unnecessary.
I think everyone with a prior infection will have varying degrees of natural immunity and consequently varying duration of natural immunity. We have all seen the numerous theories on how long that lasts…of course! In any case, if an employee were to test positive for the antibodies at the time of a vaccine mandate (not that they are doing that), it’s obviously quite ridiculous to require that person to get a vaccine that also seems to offer a limited duration of protection.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think everyone with a prior infection will have varying degrees of natural immunity and consequently varying duration of natural immunity. We have all seen the numerous theories on how long that lasts…of course! In any case, if an employee were to test positive for the antibodies at the time of a vaccine mandate (not that they are doing that), it’s obviously quite ridiculous to require that person to get a vaccine that also seems to offer a limited duration of protection.
lol...you mean follow the science...for many years i worked for a multinational corporation who had set rules that applied to all US plants-it was a one size fits all plan...i swear they were willing to lose money rather than deviate from THE PLAN,

there is no doubt in my mind that the government is driving the covid train and i personally 100% believe it has become more about power than anything else.

Last edited:
rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The unfortunate thing about tribal people yelling follow the science is they miss the fundamental part of science which includes rigorous testing and scrutiny. I’ve seen better science debate on NO boosters, stimulants, and creatine in supplement forums than in the media(social or corporate) about a pandemic.

It’s really sad.