USPLabs Super Cissus in 2022

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
I used Super Cissus RX back in the day and got good results from it. Now that I need to use it again, I notice that it's still around but seems to have been bought about HiTech Pharma.

Has anyone used this and is it just as effective as the old formula?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
what made old formula effective ? what was on the label that has changed ?

oh and nice b00bs

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Same label today, so I'm not sure what what so effective about the old formula.

They never revealed their ketosterone extract.

I remember taking the 40% Primaforce Cissus and getting no results. Yet the USP Labs stuff worked big time.

It aways seemed like a shady company back then, but their Cissus was pure gold.

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
I took it back then, and yes it work for me too.
Unfortunately had tried with different brands. Some of them sponsors here and got nothing.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SNS makes Cissus XT. I am using that currently & it helps my joints a little.

If you actually just need joint support, Morphogen Orthogen is a nasty tasting powder that is the best joint formula I’ve ever used. It’s expensive, inconvenient and tastes like drinking frankincense, but it truly works. And it has a dose of Cissus in it at a higher extract.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For me (and a Lot of others), Helios is The Bomb for inflammation (and pain associated with it).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For me (and a Lot of others), Helios is The Bomb for inflammation (and pain associated with it).

Yeah Helios is really good, especially for spot treatment. Any time something in particular is flaring up for me (knee, ankle, elbow) it directly mitigates the issue obviously in a matter of hours.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SNS Cissus XT would be my first choice if I was looking for a cissus product, but add a +1 for the Helios recommendation. Has been great for my joints.
SNS has been one of my go to brands for awhile now. Another option to look into is Joyful Joints by VL. Pretty good deal for the amount of servings you get from it as well.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
SNS has been one of my go to brands for awhile now. Another option to look into is Joyful Joints by VL. Pretty good deal for the amount of servings you get from it as well.

I have always had good results with anything Strong sells!!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sns cissus XT is what you are looking for if you want a reputable brand with low %ketosterones.

Greencon10

Awards
Same label today, so I'm not sure what what so effective about the old formula.

They never revealed their ketosterone extract.

I remember taking the 40% Primaforce Cissus and getting no results. Yet the USP Labs stuff worked big time.

It aways seemed like a shady company back then, but their Cissus was pure gold.
I actually found myself in the same boat a few years ago. With USP's Super Cissus being the only cissus product that I ever found to actually work as far as seeing a tangle difference in healing went. Anything else ultimately did nothing, and that certainly wasn't due to a lack of trying at the time either. As my always on the lookout for a cost cut cheap ass was definitely open to experimenting around with all the suggested bulk powders and alternative rep suggestions like Primaforce (who like their bogo sales).

Spent the last 2 years constantly deep diving around websites for the always super scarce feedback as far as cissus use went, as well as did some pretty extensive testing while buying/using every alternative suggested in this thread. Same nothing results every time. Heck I even bought a third bottle of the SNS (since i liked some of their other stuff in the past) after getting nothing from first 2, just to see if ramping the dose helped, and still nothing.

Personally, I'm pretty convinced at this point that the actual and most logical based thinking answer to the "what was different about USP's cissus" lies in core truth of your last sentence. USP was a proven shady company when it came to ingredient labels. They were also the ones to essentially spawn and create the entire cissus as a bodybuilding supplement product market. Which likely "worked" as well as it did due to what wasn't actually cissus and what wasn't actually listed on their label. Hence why every other copy cat product following it and looking to cash in themselves on yet another extremely high profit margin supplement product failed in comparison.

YMMV of course, but I wouldn't bet on the newer formula, minus that secret sauce ingredient we'll probably never know, being any different then any of the other endless examples of people trying to profit off of taking molehill sized supporting science and creating a mountain sized misrepresentation out of what one can rationally expect to see out of it.

Last edited:
AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually found myself in the same boat a few years ago. With USP's Super Cissus being the only cissus product that I ever found to actually work as far as seeing a tangle difference in healing went. Anything else ultimately did nothing, and that certainly wasn't due to a lack of trying at the time either. As my always on the lookout for a cost cut cheap ass was definitely open to experimenting around with all the suggested bulk powders and alternative rep suggestions like Primaforce (who like their bogo sales).

Spent the last 2 years constantly deep diving around websites for the always super scarce feedback as far as cissus use went, as well as did some pretty extensive testing while buying/using every alternative suggested in this thread. Same nothing results every time. Heck I even bought a third bottle of the SNS (since i liked some of their other stuff in the past) after getting nothing from first 2, just to see if ramping the dose helped, and still nothing.

Personally, I'm pretty convinced at this point that the actual and most logical based thinking answer to the "what was different about USP's cissus" lies in core truth of your last sentence. USP was a proven shady company when it came to ingredient labels. They were also the ones to essentially spawn and create the entire cissus as a bodybuilding supplement product market. Which likely "worked" as well as it did due to what wasn't actually cissus and what wasn't actually listed on their label. Hence why every other copy cat product following it and looking to cash in themselves on yet another extremely high profit margin supplement product failed in comparison.

YMMV of course, but I wouldn't bet on the newer formula, minus that secret sauce ingredient we'll probably never know, being any different then any of the other endless examples of people trying to profit off of taking molehill sized supporting science and creating a mountain sized misrepresentation out of what one can rationally expect to see out of it.
I have multiple original bottles, and bulk powders from them.

Should I test them, and then release a product with the special ingredient?

🤣🤣🤣

Greencon10

Awards
I have multiple original bottles, and bulk powders from them.

Should I test them, and then release a product with the special ingredient?

🤣🤣🤣
By all means. But as a pass by commenter I'm assuming your invested interest there wouldn't get much further then mine did once you got to the point of actually contacting a legit 3rd party testing company, and getting the real world price quote on that ;)

Which has only gone up btw since the last time I was that seriously curious a few years back about my protein powder intake, and realized real quick why repeat performances of that reddit thread blowing the lid off protein spiking a decade ago never became a thing lol

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are Helios and phytocaine both localized?
well technically, once something is in the blood its going to be systemic, that said, Helios effects start somewhere, and that's where you apply it.
Phytocain is more for targeting a specific muscle or joint.

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established

Maybe they put something else in the USP cissus.

I've got some nutraplanet cissus (time time ago) but I cannot remember if the product was good.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe they put something else in the USP cissus.

I've got some nutraplanet cissus (time time ago) but I cannot remember if the product was good.
Always remember some sites selling USP Labs cissus and limiting the amount you could order. I never understood why.

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
Always remember some sites selling USP Labs cissus and limiting the amount you could order. I never understood why.
I've got a really bad constipation from it.

No idea why the USP version was so good.

I don't trust in some companies, so tricky.
The first lots spiked with something else, they create hype and then...

Maybe I'm wrong.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It was a marketing thing back then with some sites and you see that type of things in many industries - if you limit the amount of something people can order, they get the perception that it must work so great that the retailer is limiting it so that everyone can buy some. That subconsciously leads people that may have just bought 1 unit to buy more, like whatever the limit is.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
USP Labs was the first company to really offer a Cissus product. What made it very popular at the time were several factors - USP Labs popularity in general and that it was a new ingredients/product by them and new to the market in general at the time.

At the time, there weren't a lot of other options on the market for the purpose - in context, most of the other products at the time were simple Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM products.

The category of joint health supplements has come a long ways since then, and so have the expectations.

Cissus in general works great for most people, but different people respond differently to different things. That's the case with almost any type of supplement.

For me, I find Cissus XT great for tendons and ligaments, whereas I find Joint Support better for actual joint pain itself.

Different things work different for different people, and that's why on our end, we offer options for people to try and see which is best for them:

Cissus XT Caps:
- 120 Veg Caps/800 mg. per capsule
- Supports Joint, Tendon, Ligament, & Cartilage Health & Comfort

Cissus XT Powder:
- 120 grams
- Supports Joint, Tendon, Ligament, & Cartilage Health & Comfort

Joint Support XT:
- Supports Joint Health & Comfort
- Promotes Joint Mobility & Flexibility
- Anti-Inflammatory Support
- 5 Clinically Researched Key Ingredients
- 4 Clinically Researched, Licensed, Branded Ingredients
- Contains Ingredients shown in studies to work in as little as 7 to 10 Days!

Elite Curcumin
- Advanced Curcumin Product with C3 Curcumin, CurcuPrime Tetrahydrocurcumin, and Theracurmin all in one product
- Joint Health & Mobility
- Brain & Cognitive Health
- Cardiovascular/Heart Health
- Anti-Inflammatory Activity
- Antioxidant Support
- 3 Branded Curcumin Extracts
- 2 Branded Absorption Enhancers
- 5 Clinically Researched Branded Ingredients + Black Seed Oil

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was a marketing thing back then with some sites and you see that type of things in many industries - if you limit the amount of something people can order, they get the perception that it must work so great that the retailer is limiting it so that everyone can buy some. That subconsciously leads people that may have just bought 1 unit to buy more, like whatever the limit is.
Thought I once ready a study that cissus in a high enough dosage can have some kind of anabolic effect. Not sure if that's true though. I know for some people, it can help suppress appetite.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thought I once ready a study that cissus in a high enough dosage can have some kind of anabolic effect. Not sure if that's true though. I know for some people, it can help suppress appetite.
I've read that about the possibility of Cissus having anabolic properties - in my opinion, that's not something I would count on or think it would do to any hugely noticeable degree - I would consider that more of a nice extra benefit if I did see that result.

We do get a lot of feedback on Cissus XT helping suppress appetite; I think that varies from person to person. I don't see a big noticeable appetite difference on it myself, but we hear that feedback from enough people that I do definitely believe it helps some people with that.