Using Slin after morning workouts

witchdawg7

witchdawg7

Banned
Awards
I work out at 5 AM and I always work out on an empty stomach. I plan on running slin the first 3 weeks of PCT. My question is should I start eating a protien/carb meal before I work out as well as the one I have immediately after the shot? My thinking is that my blood sugar levels would be really low after a morning work out and might cause problems

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually I think you're better off to take in a small (20g) whey shake pre-workout, so you'll have some protein available to the muscles. But don't take in added carbs. That way you don't have an overlapping of your endogenous insulin and the exogenous insulin administration.

Carbs after the inject.

witchdawg7

witchdawg7

Banned
Awards
I will give that a shot.
Another question in the article that Bobo put up as a sticky it says
"The carb/protein drink taken after the insulin shot should contain AT LEAST 10 grams of carbs and 5 grams of quality protein per IU of insulin injected with little or no fat(creatine taken in this drink is optional but works great)".
Does it matter what kind of carbs it is. I was thinking of mixing some powdered Gatorade in with my protein drink.

RockMam

Awards
carbs

when it comes to carbs dextrose is king. But when I slin I prefer to get different kind of carbs too because for me it helps more with the hypo and gives me more energy. I do 30 I.U.s twice a day. Also creatine is fun with slin, after I pin I pound some creatine and I can see it just pumping to my muscles instantly its like some super hero crap. Anyway if u liked the creatine with the slin, if u want u could throw in some arginine in the bunch and dont forget aminos with it too. If u want to increase slins effects, theres r-ala's and chromium piccolinate, and if ur poor like me, some vandyl lol. Anyway have fun slin'in. Plus be careful and know when ur bodys tellin u something.

Late

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
always use 30-40 gms of whey pre workout , there was a study on bryan haycock's site showing it helps growth better than post workout protein use . so definitely , eat something and then train .

Judo Tom

Awards
listen to RAY!!!!!

also i workout in the morning and find that eating some fruit on the way to the gym also helps me keep up my intensity throughout the workout.. but never forget that shake..

although the alcar and ephedrine are not hurting (TRY ALCAR!!!!)

actually one of the reasons i started working out in the morning is my "belief" that you are soo much more insulin senstive after a morning workout that you can feed your body better and recover much quicker than an evening workout where i am normally asleep after only 1 real meal.

after my am workout i get some fruit and some whey on my drive to work.. then i eat a bagel then some more whey.. then about an hour after that i make a turkey sandwich on wheat.. then eat a salad with grilled chicken breasts

ive been doing this a few weeks and have put on more quality muscle in a shorter time than i have ever experienced..

witchdawg7

witchdawg7

Banned
Awards
Thanks for all the advice guys. I will make those changes to my morning diet.

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
always use 30-40 gms of whey pre workout , there was a study on bryan haycock's site showing it helps growth better than post workout protein use . so definitely , eat something and then train .

what kind of protein should you use? would it be like designer protein?
thanks

enash

Awards
Could someone link this study on pre-workout whey or just paste it if it's not too long?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
actually one of the reasons i started working out in the morning is my "belief" that you are soo much more insulin senstive after a morning workout that you can feed your body better and recover much quicker than an evening workout where i am normally asleep after only 1 real meal.

after my am workout i get some fruit and some whey on my drive to work.. then i eat a bagel then some more whey.. then about an hour after that i make a turkey sandwich on wheat.. then eat a salad with grilled chicken breasts

ive been doing this a few weeks and have put on more quality muscle in a shorter time than i have ever experienced..
Its true. Why? Because everytime your body is craving nutrients, insulin sensitivity is better. So your right on that issue. Also working out iun the morning increases metablosim throughout the day so its good for cutting and bulking as it will cut down the amount of fat gained (that is if you eat properly). It sounds like your eating well. Its amazing how much diet can make a difference over 4-8 weeks. People need to realize this above everything else.