Using SARMS to get on TRT (log of events)

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
So, I've tested for low ranges of T last year (low 300s) and I'm interested on getting placed on TRT. My insurance will cover it; so I went on YK-11 and LGD 4033, two weeks into the cycle my doctor did some bloodwork, and my total test levels came back at 104, low normal FSH and low LH. the plan is the doc wants to put me on Clomid for a month to see if that works before resorting to TRT (although I want TRT). I don't see any reason why TRT for life would be terrible aside from required injections, and lower fertility; however I've heard HCG can help correct fertility if I were to try and have kids later. Background... i am almost 31, and did one test cycle for 16 weeks. Recovered for 3 months and here I am now. My test levels came back up to 400 ranges when tested 2 montbs after PCT.

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So you are shutting yourself down with something the doc isnt aware of. Are you going to try the clomid? or say that you took it, or take it while shutting yourself down still with sarms?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So, I've tested for low ranges of T last year (low 300s) and I'm interested on getting placed on TRT. My insurance will cover it; so I went on YK-11 and LGD 4033, two weeks into the cycle my doctor did some bloodwork, and my total test levels came back at 104, low normal FSH and low LH. the plan is the doc wants to put me on Clomid for a month to see if that works before resorting to TRT (although I want TRT). I don't see any reason why TRT for life would be terrible aside from required injections, and lower fertility; however I've heard HCG can help correct fertility if I were to try and have kids later. Background... i am almost 31, and did one test cycle for 16 weeks. Recovered for 3 months and here I am now. My test levels came back up to 400 ranges when tested 2 montbs after PCT.
I don't think clomid itself is a viable long term solution, at least not by itself. Let the doc know, and let him know you know the risks and benefits of testosterone injections, and that you are ready for the plunge.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't think clomid itself is a viable long term solution, at least not by itself. Let the doc know, and let him know you know the risks and benefits of testosterone injections, and that you are ready for the plunge.

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Maybe take the clomid and stay on sarms? My bet is that your T will not rise to within range.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You could also take the clomid but still be experiencing many of the hypogonadal symptoms. If anything low dose it and complain you still got a lick noodle and feel like ****, clomid does this for many anyways. Be careful the sarms don't jack up your lipids to the point where the doc does not place you on TRT due to cardiac concerns.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If he runs SARMS other tests docs do for trt will end up all fuked up like lipids and possibly liver enzymes.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly, I would give clomid a solid run. I know it feels like it won't work - but it has been known to work and many doctors do use it for TRT even though people on these boards are often against it. If you can get your natural levels back up in to the 600's or more - you will probably feel better. If it is just that you want to go the bodybuilding route...well...that could be a different story.

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If your test is already at 100, then just run 5mg LGD alone every other day, if your doc tests in a month, then it should be a bit higher than 100 imo, so it will look like you at least tried Clomid.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly, I would give clomid a solid run. I know it feels like it won't work - but it has been known to work and many doctors do use it for TRT even though people on these boards are often against it. If you can get your natural levels back up in to the 600's or more - you will probably feel better. If it is just that you want to go the bodybuilding route...well...that could be a different story.
Even if his levels come up to mid normal I simply dislike taking a synthetic estrogen that is a completely foreign compound to the body in order to avoid using testosterone, something his body, and humankind, have had in them since day one.

I feel the same way about taking 3 drugs for type 2 diabetes when you could simply take insulin and be done with it. We keep trying to do better than nature and we keep failing miserably IMO.

Of course, for most of the public, these choices are being made for ease of admin and for the Dr's clomid is non-scheduled so I am sure they feel better about that.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’m not sure what to say. You did a 16 week cycle and are not even past time off=time on. 8 weeks in PCT you were at 400. Now you want TRT?

what was you baseline pre cycle labs like? 400 may not even be your natural level.
What was your cycle like?

If you want high physiological levels and don’t mind the pins just put yourself on TRT. get some test C HCG and use quest for labs. Run your own bloods every 3 months for a while? Will be easier than trying to scam a doc into prescribing, and way easier.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I guess what I’m trying to say is if you want TRT do it yourself for a year, then stop for a few weeks and go to a doc then. At that point you’ll present well and get the prescription, then you would be “legal”. It will be easier than trying to manipulate all your numbers, and as stated above the doc will see what’s going on and dig deeper, you probably won’t get what you want with your method

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Even if his levels come up to mid normal I simply dislike taking a synthetic estrogen that is a completely foreign compound to the body in order to avoid using testosterone, something his body, and humankind, have had in them since day one.

I feel the same way about taking 3 drugs for type 2 diabetes when you could simply take insulin and be done with it. We keep trying to do better than nature and we keep failing miserably IMO.

Of course, for most of the public, these choices are being made for ease of admin and for the Dr's clomid is non-scheduled so I am sure they feel better about that.
I get where you are coming from to a large degree. I'm often for getting things to work the way they were to designed to work rather than putting duct tape on them.

And I agree that trying to out-do nature doesn't always work. But it doesn't always fail either.

Your diabetes example is a good one. The chances of a diabetic dying from insulin, a compound that was naturally in their body, are much higher than the chances of dying from metformin, a natural compound that was not present in the body.

And I am no expert on this - but I see Clomid as more of a synthetic anti-estrogen than a synthetic estrogen. Estrogen signals the body to reduce production of testosterone, so taking clomid selectively blocks the receptors estrogen receptors in the brain that monitor levels, so the estrogen cannot act on these receptors and these receptors cannot down-regulate testosterone production. If you have high estrogen levels, this could actually be creating your low test. And if that's the case, taking more test may not be the best solution to the problem - because you're treating symptoms rather than the cause. Although, I'm not saying clomid is the best solution for the actual cause either. Just debating for my own education :)

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I get where you are coming from to a large degree. I'm often for getting things to work the way they were to designed to work rather than putting duct tape on them.

And I agree that trying to out-do nature doesn't always work. But it doesn't always fail either.

Your diabetes example is a good one. The chances of a diabetic dying from insulin, a compound that was naturally in their body, are much higher than the chances of dying from metformin, a natural compound that was not present in the body.

And I am no expert on this - but I see Clomid as more of a synthetic anti-estrogen than a synthetic estrogen. Estrogen signals the body to reduce production of testosterone, so taking clomid selectively blocks the receptors estrogen receptors in the brain that monitor levels, so the estrogen cannot act on these receptors and these receptors cannot down-regulate testosterone production. If you have high estrogen levels, this could actually be creating your low test. And if that's the case, taking more test may not be the best solution to the problem - because you're treating symptoms rather than the cause. Although, I'm not saying clomid is the best solution for the actual cause either. Just debating for my own education :)
Far too many people experience sides on clomid IMO to justify using it in place of a compound that almost all users feel better using, testosterone. We have limited research on longterm TRT with actual testosterone and basically zero for longterm clomid use in men treating hypogonadism.

Now if we are talking a clomid restart with hopes of not needing anything for 5-10 more years then I definately see the value as it would allow a PT to be medication free if successful.

OP clarify for us: ARE YOU EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS of hypogonadism and wish to find relief with TRT? Or are you looking for legal cycles?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Are you surprised about how it went with your doc? I see people say they’ll shut them self down and get tested and think their doc will simply hand them a script like oh yeah your levels are low here’s your lifelong script for trt. Of course the doc will try for several months a protocol to restart hormones and a good doc will try everything before giving your a script.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you surprised about how it went with your doc? I see people say they’ll shut them self down and get tested and think their doc will simply hand them a script like oh yeah your levels are low here’s your lifelong script for trt. Of course the doc will try for several months a protocol to restart hormones and a good doc will try everything before giving your a script.
I had years of labs, and a couple years worth of empty scripted test bottles with me when I went to see my new endo when I moved. He still tested everything again(previous labs were only a month ago but he wanted them earlier than 9:30AM) and then I had to get an MRI to check my pituitary for a tumor, good news ITS NOT A TUMOR lol.

Only then did I get a whopping 200mg every THIRD week. Ugh. At least he "allowed" me shots preformed at home.

OP if all you care about it legal test fork over the 100 a month and go through a clinic.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I had years of labs, and a couple years worth of empty scripted test bottles with me when I went to see my new endo when I moved. He still tested everything again(previous labs were only a month ago but he wanted them earlier than 9:30AM) and then I had to get an MRI to check my pituitary for a tumor, good news ITS NOT A TUMOR lol.

Only then did I get a whopping 200mg every THIRD week. Ugh. At least he "allowed" me shots preformed at home.

OP if all you care about it legal test fork over the 100 a month and go through a clinic.
Yup. I went thru 6 months of test and trials with 3 different docs and one of them even admitted I completely needed trt but wouldn’t give it to me because I was 28 years old. Ended up in a clinic and quickly enough ended up doing it by myself.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Far too many people experience sides on clomid IMO to justify using it in place of a compound that almost all users feel better using, testosterone. We have limited research on longterm TRT with actual testosterone and basically zero for longterm clomid use in men treating hypogonadism.

Now if we are talking a clomid restart with hopes of not needing anything for 5-10 more years then I definately see the value as it would allow a PT to be medication free if successful.

OP clarify for us: ARE YOU EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS of hypogonadism and wish to find relief with TRT? Or are you looking for legal cycles?
Yeah, you have good points. I am not saying clomid IS the answer either. Just that if his doctor wants to try it, he shouldn't be so against it. I honestly used it for 2 months recently at 25 mg/day and it made me feel great. Most of the sides seem to come above 50 mg it seems, but I could be wrong.

Like you said, if he tries it and it works maybe he just needed a restart. If it fails, well, you know for certain and you can check it off the list. I am just saying there is a chance it could help, and I wouldn't be so resistant to giving it a fair shot.

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Op wants TRT. If he gives the Clomid a fair shot, then he may not get TRT from his doc, which he stated was his goal. Just sayin.

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
More clarification, before I did gear, my baseline was 300-320 range. Did 500mg test per week for 16 weeks, and loved it. However, there were some side effects (sex drive was out of whack at times, slightly higher BP, etc. But mostly minor things. I'd like to be on TRT so a doc can monitor all my bloods and give me better analysis of my bloodwork- my insurance WILL cover TRT. When I was on cycle, i was paying for bloodwork every 2-3 weeks, and it was getting pricey. Im tired of ordering my own blood tests and paying out of pocket then trying to analyze my own bloodwork. If I can get on TRT ill be able to receive treatment for life, for free. I love the juice, honestly.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
More clarification, before I did gear, my baseline was 300-320 range. Did 500mg test per week for 16 weeks, and loved it. However, there were some side effects (sex drive was out of whack at times, slightly higher BP, etc. But mostly minor things. I'd like to be on TRT so a doc can monitor all my bloods and give me better analysis of my bloodwork- my insurance WILL cover TRT. When I was on cycle, i was paying for bloodwork every 2-3 weeks, and it was getting pricey. Im tired of ordering my own blood tests and paying out of pocket then trying to analyze my own bloodwork. If I can get on TRT ill be able to receive treatment for life, for free. I love the juice, honestly.
When your on trt your going to have your doctor order bloodwork when your on cycle even though it will come back all fd up? Do you plan to just level with your doctor and tell him you are running anabolics with your trt and just want to do it as safely as possible?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
ive been watching this thread and kinda see a few different angles here.

the first thing that springs to mind is you appear to be saying that pre your cycle you consistently tested low 300s but 2 months post pct you were 400s.....I’d hazard a guess that’s as a result of the clomid used in pct still having a positive impact maybe? Anyway, the direction of travel doesn’t suggest a disaster.

I totally get the ‘love being on’ angle as I’m exactly the same. Next year I’ll come off from b n c for a couple of years to see where my test is, if it’s low and it’s not possible to come back to mid range I’m absolutely pushing for trt. Am I engineering that situation, well by blasting and cruising I am as clearly that’s making it less likely I’ll recover but if I can (and I’d follow any restart protocol) then I’d rather avoid trt until I absolutely need it (I would cycle again and ultimately my choice to do so will lead to trt I have no doubt but it’s just the timing).

so I guess my view would be not to try and play the game to get on trt if you don’t need it, if you can’t achieve a decent level naturally then keep pushing the docs to do the right thing but I’d do it above board with them. They’ll spot a rat otherwise and make it harder probably.

long term trt has to be prescribed though so you get pharma grade gear rather than using ugl to self administer imo. No ugl really has the equipment to filter out all the heavy metals etc so long term your going to want to give your body a break from ugl gear just from a health standpoint.