Using mass gainer to cut?

PeppaPig

PeppaPig

Awards
Ok i have a 15lb tub of mass gainer sitting around could i use this to drop weight an replace a meal? :l i lack knowledge

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Depending on which one. Usually these are 4-5 scoops to equal a certain number of calories and macros. If your using one scoop and can fit it in your numbers yes you can.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Depending on which one. Usually these are 4-5 scoops to equal a certain number of calories and macros. If your using one scoop and can fit it in your numbers yes you can.
If I was cuttin, a mass gainer is probably the last thing I would use in place of a meal. Even only having a partial serving doesn't make sense to me. In a pinch I can see using a scoop of whey and a piece of fruit but mass gainer s are typically protein and simple crap sugars. And lots of sugar at that.

Op has 25 posts, the large majority of them are asking about half ass oral cycles and then this. Which also leads me to believe he doesn't even know how to work out properly.

He would do himself a world of benifits to spend a little time learning about basic nutrition and training.

Reactions: Nac

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unless you are looking to build a physique that actually looks like your username a mass gainer is the last thing you should be ingesting if you are looking to cut.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The last phrase is key here. It's about staying at a certain caloric intake consistently to cut. So yes you can use the mass gainer if you account for it in your daily tracking.

PeppaPig

PeppaPig

Awards
The last phrase is key here. It's about staying at a certain caloric intake consistently to cut. So yes you can use the mass gainer if you account for it in your daily tracking.
this mass gainer dosent contain surgar only clean carbs

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you. I wouldn’t recommend it, but seemed with his post he only had the gainer. In the end it is all about the numbers.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That was actually one of my favorite "mass gainer" products from back in the day. You can definitely use that as a meal replacement given your not going over your daily calories, it's not much different then a protein shake.

That being said, your still better off eating real food

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I mean, technically you could diet on Twinkies and cookies if you were still under your daily maintenance calories. But someone cutting on a healthy diet is going to look, feel and perform better then someone dieting on junk

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mean, technically you could diet on Twinkies and cookies if you were still under your daily maintenance calories. But someone cutting on a healthy diet is going to look, feel and perform better then someone dieting on junk
Agreed here for sure. Although a coookie and twinkies diet sounds tasty;)

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That was actually one of my favorite "mass gainer" products from back in the day. You can definitely use that as a meal replacement given your not going over your daily calories, it's not much different then a protein shake.

That being said, your still better off eating real food
I have to concur that this could be used. I would maybe look at it as a post-workout carb source and maybe add some to a regular whey shake. Once you get deep into your cut though I think you would be better off with some whole food for satiety sake.

PeppaPig

PeppaPig

Awards
I have to concur that this could be used. I would maybe look at it as a post-workout carb source and maybe add some to a regular whey shake. Once you get deep into your cut though I think you would be better off with some whole food for satiety sake.
I just don't wanna waste it's been sitting around for a couple years in the dark lol