Using D-Aspartic Acid "as needed" - Help please!

MISTERDUDE

Awards
Hello,

I will open with my question, and provide more detail and context below. Thank you in advance for your responses!

My question is: Can I just take D-Aspartic Acid "as needed" without cycling - meaning, take it on a day/days where I feel a need for added recovery?

Additionally: What would the effects be - would I suffer any negative feedback to the DAA usage if I took it 2-4 days a week for several months?

(Am I just wasting my supplement? I think the DAA gives me its effect on a day (or within a day or two) after I take it).

Context and information:
After scouring the web for information on DAA, I have seen the study that indicated there was 'no effect' in the early-20s age group weight lifters with 28 days of usage. (I have seen the other studies as well). I began to be concerned about negative feedback with continuous use [although Mr. Cooper does not believe that exact mechanism is an issue, as seen in the thread "DAA found useless in bodybuilders" - post # 18 - I can't post links till I have 20 or most posts].

ALSO, since DAA seems to increase my appetite, I thought that not using DAA continuously would help negate that effect.

I have used DAA a few times, and run it with standard cycling protocols (i.e., 6 weeks on, 4 weeks off; or 12 weeks on, 8-12 weeks off, etc). I have also refrained from using it for several months at a time; I have not run DAA continuously.

I like to use DAA while dieting/cutting to 'preserve' testosterone levels. I also like to use it after a night where I don't sleep well/ a day where I think my recovery may be jeopardized due to a lot of physical activity, like a strenuous soccer game.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can't use it for more than two weeks without taking a break. It gives me anxiety. It's really odd, but it definitely gives me anxiety. So I stopped using it. Any benefit I may have got wasn't worth the side effects.

If at any point you start feeling strange while on DAA, stop using it.

Bigcudahy

Awards
I was wondering when was the best time to intake thia supplement. . But what I do know os that the cycles are short. Like 2 weeks on and then 2 weeks off from what ive read and seen reviews on you tube

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
I usually take DAA before work outs and on non work out days, I take it anytime but usually in the mornings.

Bigcudahy

Awards
I usually take DAA before work outs and on non work out days, I take it anytime but usually in the mornings.
Thanks for your help. By any chance do you know if I can stack it with another test booster? I kinda got stuck with Beast Super Test and I dont want it to go to waste

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your help. By any chance do you know if I can stack it with another test booster? I kinda got stuck with Beast Super Test and I dont want it to go to waste
Oh yeah, you can stack it. In fact, NP has some good stacks that includes DAA.

I just finished up my ArA cycle and I took DAA along with it although ArA is not a test boosting supplement but awesome none the less.

Bigcudahy

Awards
Oh yeah, you can stack it. In fact, NP has some good stacks that includes DAA.

I just finished up my ArA cycle and I took DAA along with it although ArA is not a test boosting supplement but awesome none the less.
Thank you for your advice. One last question. . How long should I take the d aspartic acid ? Ive read and heard alot of different things

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for your advice. One last question. . How long should I take the d aspartic acid ? Ive read and heard alot of different things
Questions are good..thanks for asking. As far as how long, I would venture to say no more than 8 weeks but I'm sure that someone will chime in and also make suggestions.

Druboutin

I've read it doesn't do much if you're healthy and have good testosterone levels. I'm only 28 and just had bloodwork done. My total test was only 350, which is disappointing. I wonder if someone like myself would have better results than some of the others who have been let down.

Any thoughts?

MISTERDUDE

Awards
I've read it doesn't do much if you're healthy and have good testosterone levels. I'm only 28 and just had bloodwork done. My total test was only 350, which is disappointing. I wonder if someone like myself would have better results than some of the others who have been let down.

Any thoughts?
Short answer: I do not know, but compared to going on HRT or something more aggressive (and expensive), DAA would be a great option to try. I have read on the bodybuilding.com forums about people who were in a similar situation, and had good results (T-levels up into normal-high). I know I am leaving out key details that could be relevant but I don't want to be confusing or go overboard in my *advice*.

You can search this and other forums for answers (and perhaps you are doing so). My *opinion* is based on reading the experiences of others AND having used DAA with the usually-recommended cycling methods (i.e., 2-3 months on, 1 month off; ~3g a day). I do not know what my T-levels (free or total) are; I have no Low-T symptoms.

Druboutin

Short answer: I do not know, but compared to going on HRT or something more aggressive (and expensive), DAA would be a great option to try. I have read on the bodybuilding.com forums about people who were in a similar situation, and had good results (T-levels up into normal-high). I know I am leaving out key details that could be relevant but I don't want to be confusing or go overboard in my *advice*.

You can search this and other forums for answers (and perhaps you are doing so). My *opinion* is based on reading the experiences of others AND having used DAA with the usually-recommended cycling methods (i.e., 2-3 months on, 1 month off; ~3g a day). I do not know what my T-levels (free or total) are; I have no Low-T symptoms.
Yeah, I've been reading as much as I can on forums looking for some sort of alternative to TRT, especially at my age. My bloodwork also showed a Vitamin D deficiency, and through more research I've found that can be a major contributor to low T levels. Perhaps the prescription Vitamin D supp they put me on will get me back on track, but I'm still exploring other options.

My forum research has also shown some conflicting ideas as to all DAA not being created equal. Some say it's all the same, and others say if you're not using a product with chelated DAA, don't bother. I found primaforce for a great price, but it doesn't appear to be chelated.

MISTERDUDE

Awards
Yeah, I've been reading as much as I can on forums looking for some sort of alternative to TRT, especially at my age. My bloodwork also showed a Vitamin D deficiency, and through more research I've found that can be a major contributor to low T levels. Perhaps the prescription Vitamin D supp they put me on will get me back on track, but I'm still exploring other options.

My forum research has also shown some conflicting ideas as to all DAA not being created equal. Some say it's all the same, and others say if you're not using a product with chelated DAA, don't bother. I found primaforce for a great price, but it doesn't appear to be chelated.
Good call on the Vitamin D. I recommend the T-nation.com forums for discussions on TRT/HRT; the guys there REALLY are smart when it comes to this stuff. They get you into thinking about what is *causing* your low t-levels, and thus how best to treat them. Along with: is it even worth going on TRT if you do have low T, but no symptoms? TRT is a permanent decision...anyway.

[I've wondered if my T-levels are low, but that is purely from a bodybuilding/athletic performance perspective. I have no symptoms].

I've never used the chelated DAA, so I cannot comment. Is that the stuff that gets 'capped' (put in capsules)? I always just bought the powder. I've used Primaforce's DAA before, it's fine/it works. Iv'e used/have a stash of AI's DAA, it works. Just look for a brand that has good reviews for its product, DAA is pretty cheap and widely available.

Druboutin

Good call on the Vitamin D. I recommend the T-nation.com forums for discussions on TRT/HRT; the guys there REALLY are smart when it comes to this stuff. They get you into thinking about what is *causing* your low t-levels, and thus how best to treat them. Along with: is it even worth going on TRT if you do have low T, but no symptoms? TRT is a permanent decision...anyway.

[I've wondered if my T-levels are low, but that is purely from a bodybuilding/athletic performance perspective. I have no symptoms].

I've never used the chelated DAA, so I cannot comment. Is that the stuff that gets 'capped' (put in capsules)? I always just bought the powder. I've used Primaforce's DAA before, it's fine/it works. Iv'e used/have a stash of AI's DAA, it works. Just look for a brand that has good reviews for its product, DAA is pretty cheap and widely available.
I'll give it a look. I honestly haven't noticed much outside of decreased libido. I still look forward to going to the gym/sprinting, I don't have low energy, motivation is fine, attitude is fine, but I have definitely noticed my urge to get ***** has fallen off a cliff over the past year... very odd. And I wouldn't have thought anything of it had I not seen the numbers on the blood work (which my Dr. doesnt even consider low T -- He says its "in range")

MISTERDUDE

Awards
I'll give it a look. I honestly haven't noticed much outside of decreased libido. I still look forward to going to the gym/sprinting, I don't have low energy, motivation is fine, attitude is fine, but I have definitely noticed my urge to get ***** has fallen off a cliff over the past year... very odd. And I wouldn't have thought anything of it had I not seen the numbers on the blood work (which my Dr. doesnt even consider low T -- He says its "in range")

Good luck. That is another big issue with getting a good TRT treatment (assuming you take that route/that is the best approach): a lot of doctors, or so I have heard & read, consider "low" T within the "acceptable" range to be just that: Acceptable. I've heard and read anti-aging clinics (more $, I think) take a different approach, but that is their business plan after all.

(you sound similar to myself - I lift weights & sprint, & at one time noticed less 'interest' in girls too. I'm also 28. But that desire came back for me once I got my sleep/training/diet in better order; I was overtraining and undereating for a while). Not saying you are *just* like me; just saying I can relate. I had a little less energy/felt depleted, but I knew that was probably training/diet related at the time.

-Good luck!

Druboutin

Good luck. That is another big issue with getting a good TRT treatment (assuming you take that route/that is the best approach): a lot of doctors, or so I have heard & read, consider "low" T within the "acceptable" range to be just that: Acceptable. I've heard and read anti-aging clinics (more $, I think) take a different approach, but that is their business plan after all.

(you sound similar to myself - I lift weights & sprint, & at one time noticed less 'interest' in girls too. I'm also 28. But that desire came back for me once I got my sleep/training/diet in better order; I was overtraining and undereating for a while). Not saying you are *just* like me; just saying I can relate. I had a little less energy/felt depleted, but I knew that was probably training/diet related at the time.

-Good luck!
Thanks bro. I fairly confident in the diet, but I may have been slightly overtraining and sleep was not good. I'm hoping improvements in those areas as well as supplementation can get back on track. More blood work towards the end of May, so I'll know soon enough.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
It fluctuates a lot

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established

-Good luck!
Don't guys peak sexually at 18? Whats not normal about a lower sex drive at 28?

Druboutin

Don't guys peak sexually at 18? Whats not normal about a lower sex drive at 28?
I maintained my same level of urges up until some point last year, and then it fell off a cliff. I could see a gradual reduction, but my sex drive has literally disappeared. Used to be the number one thing on my mind.

The more I read on DAA, the less encouraged I am about it. Seems like most people feel "meh, it's not too expensive so try if you want" but nothing special. Again, the majority of them probably have higher T levels, so it may benefit me more but who knows. I can't even determine which brands are good and which aren't. Conflicting information on everything DAA, and now I'm seeing people say you actually want NMDA which is what DAA needs to convert to anyway.

Confusing.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
I maintained my same level of urges up until some point last year, and then it fell off a cliff. I could see a gradual reduction, but my sex drive has literally disappeared. Used to be the number one thing on my mind.

The more I read on DAA, the less encouraged I am about it. Seems like most people feel "meh, it's not too expensive so try if you want" but nothing special. Again, the majority of them probably have higher T levels, so it may benefit me more but who knows. I can't even determine which brands are good and which aren't. Conflicting information on everything DAA, and now I'm seeing people say you actually want NMDA which is what DAA needs to convert to anyway.

Confusing.
Yeah DAA kinda sucks, Longjack is pretty great for libido if u get a good one. Expensive though