Ursolic acid muscle gain sperm loss

fadadio

fadadio

Awards
hey I have been thinking of adding Ursolic acid to my natty stack since it has shown great potential at increasing lean mass and reducing fat mass I bought a bottle of the extract but have not taken it yet because numerous studies have shown that it reduces sperm counts ...naturally if going off this supplement if the sperm counts returned to normal I would have no issue with taking this supplement there are numerous studies on Ursolic acid and rats but no mention of sperm levels returning to normal since the test don't go beyond the supplementation period.

the most in depth study I found was this one which from what I read implies that Ursolic acid affects levels of carbohydrate markers which in turn cause the effect in sperm production but I have no idea if any long lasting damage is reported in this study and wanted to know if anyone here can better decipher this study and give their own experiences with Ursolic acid if possible thanks

http://ijpsr.com/bft-article/the-effective-role-of-ursolic-acid-and-ocimum-sanctum-linn-leaf-extract-on-some-marker-carbohydrate-metabolites-in-male-albino-rats/?view=fulltext

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I remember back when Patrick Arnold was first making his ursolic acid products, there was some discussion about this. He said levels should return to normal afterward. As I recall, ursolic acid is spermicidal, it can actually kill off the sperm, but once it clears your body, shouldn’t be any more issues. I’d still wait some time for a little turnover if you are actually trying to get your woman pregnant.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
^ this. I really enjoy large doses of ur (Blackstone recomp) or topical if funds permit. Nice recomp effect and I wouldn’t be overly concerned.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^ this. I really enjoy large doses of ur (Blackstone recomp) or topical if funds permit. Nice recomp effect and I wouldn’t be overly concerned.
What dosage did you use for the blackstone recomp. How many caps per workout?

Last edited:
Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The lone sperm comes out of a worm.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
What dosage did you use for the blackstone recomp. How many caps per workout?
I have been using 5 per day but still had good results at 4 per day (which is a full month supply). I take two with my pre and the others spread out.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never seen that product, but cant justify buying anything from Blackstone

You recommend any other products? I took it in bulk, didn't notice much.

I was looking at Apex Alchemys version.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

I have used their UR but their 11 topical was good to go. I trust @nostrum so I would not hesitate to buy this. I remeber Labrada had one but don’t recall the dose.

Just to help the Blackstone opponents... remember all their stuff is manufactured at hi-tech so if your use any of their brands (black magic, aps, etc) it’s the same facility and Raws. Some people use other brands without realizing it’s the same manufacturer. Just for those unaware....

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You took blackstone recomp and nothing out of it?
I have used their UR but their 11 topical was good to go. I trust @nostrum so I would not hesitate to buy this. I remeber Labrada had one but don’t recall the dose.

Just to help the Blackstone opponents... remember all their stuff is manufactured at hi-tech so if your use any of their brands (black magic, aps, etc) it’s the same facility and Raws. Some people use other brands without realizing it’s the same manufacturer. Just for those unaware....
How many bottles of the blackstone recomp are you running, is 32 per bottle a good price?

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I'm not sure knowing they use High Tech is a positive.....

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not sure knowing they use High Tech is a positive.....
Of course that decision is left up to the consumer.

I think jarred wheat is lame but I also think given the amount of publicity they have had their standards and practices are going to be higher than a lot of these other places. Unless we are dealing with nutrabio manufacturing most of these manufacturers are a crapshoot on reputability.

Garyboy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Prototype Ur spray is the gold standard.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I had a few bottles of SAN Conquest 250 laying around from my rep days, I'm taking it now, and might buy more. I noticed the Labrada one on the big A, might go that route for a few more bottles, or AST's Urso-x.

I already have two teenage kids so 'meh' on my spermz. lol

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had a few bottles of SAN Conquest 250 laying around from my rep days, I'm taking it now, and might buy more. I noticed the Labrada one on the big A, might go that route for a few more bottles, or AST's Urso-x.

Good info. SAN conquest 250 is dirt cheap. How did that work for you.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good info. SAN conquest 250 is dirt cheap. How did that work for you.
Where is it dirt cheap? :D I seem to be experiencing anti-catabolic effects, but I'm only 3 weeks in.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Buying rosemary leaf extract powder is approx 10-12 bucks per pound, any thoughts on that.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You'd need to know the ursolic acid percentage. And enjoy the smell of pizza all day long...:p

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Buying rosemary leaf extract powder is approx 10-12 bucks per pound, any thoughts on that.
Leave powder or leave extract ? If leave extract what’s the ursolic acid percentage?
There are places selling powder standardized to 25% ursolic acid but I don’t like the taste and capping it is a nightmare. it’s such a fluffy powder almost impossible to put in caps.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Tried various products before even DMAA PWO and felt nothing

You took blackstone recomp and nothing out of it?

How many bottles of the blackstone recomp are you running, is 32 per bottle a good price?
Nope, I haven't tried it.

Prototype Ur spray is the gold standard.
So expensive, but I agree.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You'd need to know the ursolic acid percentage. And enjoy the smell of pizza all day long...:p
Can you update your san conquest

SAN conquest is 12 bucks a bottle.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't see it for that price. Hmm.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Blackstone recomp is the best deal at 120 caps at 125mg of ursolic acid. Take 3.6 caps a day like in the ergo study and get huge. 28.50 per bottle is a deal.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How does UA stack up against Epicatechin and laxogenin?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
UA orally is wack, no idea why people are wasting their money. Your best bet is TD!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Outbreak nutrition's build could be worth a try, 150mg ursolic acid along with other ingredients. Expensive to run though.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
UA orally is wack, no idea why people are wasting their money. Your best bet is TD!
So it doesn't work?
Outbreak nutrition's build could be worth a try, 150mg ursolic acid along with other ingredients. Expensive to run though.
Sold out on their site and dps. Does look very interesting with all the supps together.

Josh141090

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Spot on.

UR Spray or nothing.

UA has poor bioavailability and the body doesn’t absorb it well unless applied as a transdermal

I ran UR Spray a few years ago and can confirm solid recomp effects. I applied about 20 sprays in the morning and 20 pre workout at night. I remember some great pumps and vascularity in the gym. No smell or clothing stains. Apply it to your torso, feet, collarbone, delts and arms.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As I recall, the Blackstone stuff is supposed to have enhanced bioavailability. It’s the “self-emulsifying” one I think. Might be okay, no idea. I tried some cheap 25% extract several years ago at huge doses and I didn’t notice anything.

But yes, bioavailability is a huge issue. Apparently ursolic acid isn’t just poorly soluble, it actually repels water. Digestive juices may help, but the best bet is most likely transdermal.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Barlowes now has ursolic acid caps. Never purchased from them though.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
APEX is the gold standard.

Based on testing, I can confirm, at least for me, that Ursolic Acid does have the ability to cause sperm loss.

Now how soon when you stop taking UA does sperm count go back up? I'm not sure.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Based on testing, I can confirm, at least for me, that Ursolic Acid does have the ability to cause sperm loss.

Sperm loss doesn’t concern me too much at present. How about libido ?

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

When you say sperm loss, are you meaning a loss in seminal volume or in sperm count?

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Holy Basil is also high in Ursolic acid, which is probably where it gets it's supposed ergogenic effects from.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sperm count.

There's also a study about DNA damage but I don't know enough about that to comment.
Yes, I’ve seen a study on this:

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ive stated it before. UA is mother natures D N p. Its a mitochondrial uncoupling agent. DNA damage happens with all uncouplers iirc

Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I’ve seen a study on this:

Thanks for sharing. This troubled me:

Conclusions: Due the potent endothelial cell death inducing activity of UA, a systemic application of UA in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases seems unfavourable. UA as an anti-angiogenesis, anti-cancer and - locally applied - cardiovascular drug may be helpful. The DNA damaging activity of UA may however constitute a serious problem.

Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established
ive stated it before. UA is mother natures D N p. Its a mitochondrial uncoupling agent. DNA damage happens with all uncouplers iirc
Appreciate your comments. Do you recommend people avoid UA, both oral and topical?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I recommend people do their own diligence and make a decision based on sound intel. I myself use it. I have used it for many yrs. both topical and oral.

playing devil's advocate, there are many studies showing health benefits. Is being obese better than some DNA damage? IDK, for some it may be, and others may not.

Let's keep it in perspective. It comes from apple peels and holy basil among other things. All of which are generally considered safe. technically eating those give you the same risks, albeit at a much smaller dose.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for explanation it’s mécanisme but it’s not very reassuring.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let's keep it in perspective. It comes from apple peels and holy basil among other things. All of which are generally considered safe. technically eating those give you the same risks, albeit at a much smaller dose.
I’m not sure we can compare the doses one get from supplements with doses he can get from food (and it’s not specific to that compound). I mean how many apples and how much holly basil one should take to have even a small percentage of what he get from supplements.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m not sure we can compare the doses one get from supplements with doses he can get from food (and it’s not specific to that compound). I mean how many apples and how much holly basil one should take to have even a small percentage of what he get from supplements.
I understand. that's why Its worded the way it is.

but I myself never hang a hat on an outlier study. I wait for more substance and assurance.

Lets look at cardarine for example. It causes cancer in rats yet everyone seems perfectly ok using it. are people dying from cancer when they use it? I haven't seen it so far.

I understand your hesitancy and this is why I recommend doing your own research and coming to your own conclusions. dont listen to me until you have discovered the same/ feel the same.

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also found in rosemary, thyme, oregano, and sage. Rosemary has the most (about 3%).