Upregulate Beta Receptors with other Antihistamines?

Scottsa

Awards
Hi,

I've been reading through this site for a few months now but first time posting. I recently started taking oral albuterol which has been great so far.
I feel energy, stamina and good strength increase from it and have managed to start burning some fat. I was initially planning on doing a 2 week on 2 week off approach while utilizing benadryl to help upregulate my beta receptors. However as I continue to research I'm seeing that if you are using antihistamine specifically with albuterol (unlike clen) you avoid having to get off and can go 4-6 weeks instead. Does anyone know from experience if this is the case? Additionally, and I know that everyone says ketotifen is the way to go and others say benadryl is the cheap alternative, but what about other antihistamines like zyrtec? I ask because I really dont feel keen on taking benedryl and being drowsy when sleeping a full 6+ hours isn't an option for me often due to work and I am having a difficult time locating ketotifen. Any knowledge on these things would be appreciated. Thank you

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Anthony Roberts is the one that started the rumor about benadryl being able to keep the beta receptors from downregulating - whether that's true or not is complete speculation. Ketotifen is an antihistamine, like benadryl, but does it keep the receptors from down regulating? We just don't know. The only data we have is that ketotifen definitely works. There's plenty of vendors in the research chem and peptides site that sell it and it's not scheduled, so it's nothing you can't get your hands on easily. I would go with ketotifen and not any OTC antihistamines just to be sure it's working.

I saw this on Google when I searched for benadryl and clenbuterol, but I can't find the actual text on the page linked.

The risk or severity of Tachycardia can be increased when Diphenhydramine is combined with Clenbuterol. The risk or severity of Tachycardia can be increased when Diphenidol is combined with Clenbuterol. The risk or severity of Tachycardia can be increased when Disopyramide is combined with Clenbuterol. Jul 17, 2007

UPDATE: Found it. It's on page 29 of this page https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB01075

Scottsa

Awards
Anthony Roberts is the one that started the rumor about benadryl being able to keep the beta receptors from downregulating - whether that's true or not is complete speculation. Ketotifen is an antihistamine, like benadryl, but does it keep the receptors from down regulating? We just don't know. The only data we have is that ketotifen definitely works. There's plenty of vendors in the research chem and peptides site that sell it and it's not scheduled, so it's nothing you can't get your hands on easily. I would go with ketotifen and not any OTC antihistamines just to be sure it's working.

I saw this on Google when I searched for benadryl and clenbuterol, but I can't find the actual text on the page linked.

UPDATE: Found it. It's on page 29 of this page https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB01075
So it would definitely seem that if one were going to go the benadryl route that they would need to do it separate from the albuterol dosing to avoid the implicated tachycardia. Thank you for sharing this, this is important info to know. I'll search for the ketotifen then, but i am definitely still curious about the difference between it and other antihistamines and their effect on receptors.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
So it would definitely seem that if one were going to go the benadryl route that they would need to do it separate from the albuterol dosing to avoid the implicated tachycardia. Thank you for sharing this, this is important info to know. I'll search for the ketotifen then, but i am definitely still curious about the difference between it and other antihistamines and their effect on receptors.
I am too. I haven't talked to Anthony Roberts in a long time and he seems to have disappeared from Twitter. But, there's just no research on whether other antihistamines have the same effect as ketotifen. Incidentally, I use ketotifen as an eye drop for itchy eyes for allergies under the brand name Zaditor (I buy the generic). Obviously you wouldn't want to drink this and the dosage is tiny compared to what you really need.

Ketotifen is an H1 antihistamine, which is the oldest type of antihistamine that was developed. Benadryl is also an H1 antihistamine, along with a lot of others. Newer antihistamines like Zyrtec and Claritin are not H1 antihistamines and work differently in the body. So, looking at it logically, an H1 antihistamine should work to prevent downregulation of the beta receptors. But, unfortunately, we only have that one study on ketotifen and clenbuterol, so I would just stick with that. It's cheap,so it's really not a matter of expense.

But it's a very interesting idea and I have no clue what the answer is. Some people swear benadryl works, and others argue that it doesn't. Do a Google search on benadryl and clenbuterol and you'll come up with a lot of conflicting information.

Scottsa

Awards
I am too. I haven't talked to Anthony Roberts in a long time and he seems to have disappeared from Twitter. But, there's just no research on whether other antihistamines have the same effect as ketotifen. Incidentally, I use ketotifen as an eye drop for itchy eyes for allergies under the brand name Zaditor (I buy the generic). Obviously you wouldn't want to drink this and the dosage is tiny compared to what you really need.

Ketotifen is an H1 antihistamine, which is the oldest type of antihistamine that was developed. Benadryl is also an H1 antihistamine, along with a lot of others. Newer antihistamines like Zyrtec and Claritin are not H1 antihistamines and work differently in the body. So, looking at it logically, an H1 antihistamine should work to prevent downregulation of the beta receptors. But, unfortunately, we only have that one study on ketotifen and clenbuterol, so I would just stick with that. It's cheap,so it's really not a matter of expense.

But it's a very interesting idea and I have no clue what the answer is. Some people swear benadryl works, and others argue that it doesn't. Do a Google search on benadryl and clenbuterol and you'll come up with a lot of conflicting information.
Yes I did look through a lot of it, which lead me to trying to ask here and find anecdotical data on it- seems hard to come by. Would you mind if I PM'd you about sourcing?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes I did look through a lot of it, which lead me to trying to ask here and find anecdotical data on it- seems hard to come by. Would you mind if I PM'd you about sourcing?
I went ahead and sent you a link bro. Like I said, ketotifen isn't scheduled or anything, so buying it OTC is no big deal.

Scottsa

Awards
I went ahead and sent you a link bro. Like I said, ketotifen isn't scheduled or anything, so buying it OTC is no big deal.
Hey brotha quick question for you or anyone else who has experience with this.

I just got my ketotifen delivered today after 2 weeks on albuterol. Since I was on 2 weeks without the ketotifen should I take a week off just taking the ketotifen or is it ok to just continue forward taking both?

I’ve also seen posts where guys suggest only going on h1 antihistamine for a week then go another 2 off of it.

Which do you feel is the best course of action?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just got my ketotifen delivered today after 2 weeks on albuterol. Since I was on 2 weeks without the ketotifen should I take a week off just taking the ketotifen or is it ok to just continue forward taking both?
Yeah, go ahead and start the ketotifen now for 2 weeks, and then you can come back to 2 weeks on & 2 weeks off.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, go ahead and start the ketotifen now for 2 weeks, and then you can come back to 2 weeks on & 2 weeks off.
What is the benefits of upregulating the beta receptors?

Scottsa

Awards
The whole point is not having to do 2 on 2 off, as it would reduce the diminishing returns.
Exactly so my question is does not having to cycle off pertain only to someone who had been taking an h1antihistamine the whole time, or if I wasn’t taking it for the first 2 weeks then start taking it, can I now keep using albuterol without break? Or is there still a rest period needed since I wasn’t taking ketotifen the last 14 days. I hope that makes more sense

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Exactly so my question is does not having to cycle off pertain only to someone who had been taking an h1antihistamine the whole time, or if I wasn’t taking it for the first 2 weeks then start taking it, can I now keep using albuterol without break? Or is there still a rest period needed since I wasn’t taking ketotifen the last 14 days. I hope that makes more sense
As long as you're taking ketotifen with your cycle you shouldn't need a break, but I probably wouldn't run it more than 6-12 weeks without a break even then.

Scottsa

Awards
As long as you're taking ketotifen with your cycle you shouldn't need a break, but I probably wouldn't run it more than 6-12 weeks without a break even then.
Ok thanks StarScream I’ll make sure I cut it after 12 weeks max for a break. If I may ask what have your results been like on it? I’ve actually gained (what seems like) lean mass on it while trimming a bit I was expecting to lose weight but I’ve gained- 197–>201. My weight and diet has been very consistent prior to starting the alb too, pretty much to a T.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok thanks StarScream I’ll make sure I cut it after 12 weeks max for a break. If I may ask what have your results been like on it? I’ve actually gained (what seems like) lean mass on it while trimming a bit I was expecting to lose weight but I’ve gained- 197–>201. My weight and diet has been very consistent prior to starting the alb too, pretty much to a T.
I started my cycle using 2mg of Albuterol twice a day for the first two weeks and then upped it to 4mg for the next two. I also took T2 - a product called Virus from Vicious Labs, which increases your thyroid hormone output and it increased my temperature by 1° for about 4 hours and so then I would take it again with my 2nd dose of Albuterol. I was also trying Armour Thyroid or Desiccated thyroid extract. It's prescribed as a drug for people with low thyroid and I thought it might be a better alternative to taking straight T3 because I have this fear it could shut down your thyroid and you could have rebound effects from it. The Armour Thyroid has small amounts of T3/T4 and other natural ingredients from the thyroid to help increase the levels. I found it on a legit pharm site, but I ended up buying a supplement that contained it along with beef liver extract. I'm not really sure it did anything. But I dropped about 10lbs in those 2 weeks I was on it.

After about 2 weeks, I got side tracked on my diet and I'm trying to prep myself for starting it up again. I really need to work ona meal plan to help me lower calories, but have food I won't get sick of by eating chicken and rice at every meal.