Unusual soreness during workout

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Been having a lot more soreness than usual. When I squat, I can start feeling it kick in after my first set, even the lighter ones. Sounds like some chronic inflammation to me, but also possibly a fluids issue. What do you think?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Been having a lot more soreness than usual. When I squat, I can start feeling it kick in after my first set, even the lighter ones. Sounds like some chronic inflammation to me, but also possibly a fluids issue. What do you think?
More information? Where is the pain? In what part of the movement does pain occur? Is it replicated in other movements? Is it a sharp pain or a dull ache?

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
It's more along the lines of a dull ache in the lower quads, mostly felt during concentric portion of the squat.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It's more along the lines of a dull ache in the lower quads, mostly felt during concentric portion of the squat.
Could be a lot of things. Your best bet would be to see a physio. Depends on what side of the quad (inner, middle, outer), how close to the knee etc. Something that can best be diagnosed by someone who can visually see what is going on.