Unsponsored - SNS Lean Edge Weight Loss Log

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll make this pretty when I'm on my laptop later.

I'm trying out the new SNS Lean Edge and adding it to my diet. I'll do my best to update this twice a week. This is unsponsored and just more motivation to keep me going.

Stats: 5'10"; 198lbs; Bf: 25% ish?. High stress job, litigation attorney. Let lack of sleep and stress get the best of me and got up to 218lbs in February. I turn 30 next month.

Diet: Keto, everything weighed, 70-75f/20-25p/5c, 1800 calories per day. I'm considering lowering the calories as my weight has stagnated the last 2 weeks.

Been on keto since Mid-april, had 1 cheat meal in May and 1 cheat meal in June, both stayed within my daily calories, but had 80+ carbs.

Mostly eat: eggs, nuts, nut butter, chicken thighs, salad, spinach and other greens, cheese, and cup of blackberries.

Workout: 10,000 steps per day (meausured via smartphone and Oura ring). I typically walk 5,000 steps at work, then walk at 3.5mph-4mph for 2-3 miles every day.

Lifting is typically based on availability. It depends how late I stay at the office. Generally 4-5x week. On a split of:
-bi/back
-tri/chest
-legs/shoulders
-abs EOD or E3D

I just continue with the splits, I don't have a specific day set for a specific split.

Goal: 185-190ish at 10-15% bf.

Current supps:
-Orange Triad w/ greens
-Collagen protein in coffee
-forskolin 95
-gut health
-curcumin

Last edited:

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's been released? Thought it was still waiting to hit shelves before full disclosure of ingredients etc. Or I'm just mixing up all the SNS releases coming through... there are so many :)

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's out now. I just got my shipment in today. I'm going to start tomorrow.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed, good luck with everything! As someone else who does Keto just a heads up whey+heavy cream is amazing and I don’t see people bring it up often

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
In. Definitely on my to try list

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet. I'll get in on this!

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 1 - Weighed in this morning at 197.5lbs. I use a Withings smartscale, so I'll post a weight graph at the end of the month, that way people can visualize it.

Took my first dose at 8am (3 capsules), then taking the remaining 3 at 1pm, 5pm and 9pm; as the directions state to space out the remaining 3 throughout the day.

It might be placebo, but I felt some slight warmth.

Food for the next 3 days were meal-prepped and weighed last night. It'll be chicken thighs, heavy cream and coffee, peacans, walnuts, brussel sprouts, spinach, blackberries, eggs, and whatever else I need for fats (mct oil, cream cheese, etc.)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In to see how this works out for you... only concern would be your target (losing 10% bf but only a few lbs is not even remotely realistic unless you're on a ton of gear or have years to build and cut ha)

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In to see how this works out for you... only concern would be your target (losing 10% bf but only a few lbs is not even remotely realistic unless you're on a ton of gear or have years to build and cut ha)
I don't expect 10% this month, I know that's impossible. I'd like to get to 12-15% by the end of the year. I should have clarified. I just want to see if this boosts my progress.

I was approximating my physique when I was in ROTC. Granted, I was 19-22 and had a lot more time to workout and could still run (3 knee surgeries since).

If I'm not retaining water in the morning I can the outline of the top 4, but not well at all. I'll try to take pictures of progress as well.

I've run gear in the past, but it's not worth it to me anymore.

I seem to put on size a lot easier than cut bodyfat.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In to see the results .. I just got my package but won’t be running it anytime soon

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's been released? Thought it was still waiting to hit shelves before full disclosure of ingredients etc. Or I'm just mixing up all the SNS releases coming through... there are so many :)
@_Endure_ it’s out can pick it up $60 for 2 bottles

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 5 - I weighed in at 196.4 this morning. My diet and hydration are consistent every day. No noticeable effects, but I don't expect so, since it's stim free.

Workouts were: Monday - Chest/tri 3 exercises per group, 3 sets, 8-10 reps. 30 minutes cardio.

Tuesday: 1 hour cardio

Wednesday: bi/back 3 x 3 x 8-10. 30 minutes cardio

Thursday: 1 hour cardio

Friday: likely will do 30 minutes of cardio tonight, as I don't have time to lift.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Day 1 - Weighed in this morning at 197.5lbs. I use a Withings smartscale, so I'll post a weight graph at the end of the month, that way people can visualize it.

Took my first dose at 8am (3 capsules), then taking the remaining 3 at 1pm, 5pm and 9pm; as the directions state to space out the remaining 3 throughout the day.

It might be placebo, but I felt some slight warmth.
I definitely don't think the warmth is placebo. I can definitely tell a difference myself in temperature myself from Lean Edge and that's consistent with the results of the people that we had testing this.

It really helps control my appetite very well. Not sure if you'll notice that with you being on Keto. I think Keto is great for a lot of people but it isn't for me personally (long story, legit medical reason, not anti-keto at all).

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The combo of grains of paradise and GBB should give some decent acute thermogenesis.

I know for myself that even just GBB at a decent dose and I warm right up and with high enough I sweat a ton.
I definitely need to try this at some point for sure. Never used GBB but even 240mg GOP over 4 hours from ignite did not give me any noticeable warming. Hopefully the GBB GOP combo does better there, definitely promising to see OP notice it on day one!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I definitely need to try this at some point for sure. Never used GBB but even 240mg GOP over 4 hours from ignite did not give me any noticeable warming. Hopefully the GBB GOP combo does better there, definitely promising to see OP notice it on day one!
Ya for myself anecdotally GBB is on a whole other level from GOP.

Cardio/workout with a decent GBB dose before is intense.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed for results!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How’s it going James ?

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 14: I am at 197. I'm likely going to switch from keto to carb cycling, as pure keto seems to hinder the amount of cardio and lifting I am doing. I nearly fall asleep within 30 minutes of finishing my exercises.

My plan is go low/no grains on pure cardio days (60+ minutes, 3x week), 1 day of 250carbs (leg ) and 3 days of 100-150 or so carbs (push/pull days). I'm still keeping my weekly calories at 12,600 (1,800 day average).

I'm still planning it out, but as much as I enjoyed keto for about 100 days, I'm getting sick of the restrictions for the time being.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Day 14: I am at 197. I'm likely going to switch from keto to carb cycling, as pure keto seems to hinder the amount of cardio and lifting I am doing. I nearly fall asleep within 30 minutes of finishing my exercises.

My plan is go low/no grains on pure cardio days (60+ minutes, 3x week), 1 day of 250carbs (leg ) and 3 days of 100-150 or so carbs (push/pull days). I'm still keeping my weekly calories at 12,600 (1,800 day average).

I'm still planning it out, but as much as I enjoyed keto for about 100 days, I'm getting sick of the restrictions for the time being.
I think Keto is great for a lot of people but it isn't for me either; I can't train hard enough or recover well when I'm on Keto myself. I know that some people say they can but that's where I think that everyone is uniquely different.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

One other thing to consider, at 1800 cals it’s going to be easy to consume too much protein and not enough fat. As sns mentioned, everyone is different here but I personally feel like I have significantly more energy on keto. One of the most helpful discoveries I made was adding 2-3 Tbsp heavy cream to my whey shakes for an extra 10-15g fat. Worth checking into if you wish to try to make keto work for you, too much protein and not enough fat is a very common mistake

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've lost 17 lbs on Keto w/ intermittent fasting (16/8) in the last (almost) 3 months.

I target 55% fat, most of it healthy.

But, I also target 1350 calories.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think Keto is great for a lot of people but it isn't for me either; I can't train hard enough or recover well when I'm on Keto myself. I know that some people say they can but that's where I think that everyone is uniquely different.
Same thing for me... my recovery and general energy levels absolutely tank post exercise... I've zombied through 3mo more than once and it was a nightmare the last time

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Agreed. My training and recovery is greatly hindered.

I've lost 17 lbs on Keto w/ intermittent fasting (16/8) in the last (almost) 3 months.

I target 55% fat, most of it healthy.

But, I also target 1350 calories.
More power to you, but idk how people do stuff like that.

Currently dropping weight at ~3200 cal and 425g carbohydrates on hard training days.

Same thing for me... my recovery and general energy levels absolutely tank post exercise... I've zombied through 3mo more than once and it was a nightmare the last time
I should be honest it’s been awhileeeeeee since I’ve tried, but I’ve gotten shredded enough easily enough and remember how much it sucked I haven’t wanted to.

I also like training for performance probably too much though.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
too much protein and not enough fat is a very common mistake
I fell into that trap and was absolutely stuck. Slowly gained weight when I should have been cutting. Never felt full when eating, even with enormous portions. The right amount of fats really help feel full, and many other functions as well. I’ve been able to add in fats, occasional carbs (up to 100 g a day a couple times a week) and slimmed down.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have incorporated carb cycling as discussed. Leg day was approx 250c and today will be 175-200. I lifted yesterday on 75c as well. I probably will carb up for legs on saturday. Tomorrow and friday will be 60-70 minute cardio sessions.

I expected to bloat up from reintroducing carbs, but I'm actually down to 195lbs as of this morning.

My girlfriend complained the other night that I was burning up in bed and was so hot that she couldn't sleep. This definitely heats you up.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's beeen 3 weeks, I'm at 196. To be fair, I probably would've be lower but I increased my calories because I was always tired. I eat 2200-2500 3x week w/ carbs and 1800 4x week w/ no carbs.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's beeen 3 weeks, I'm at 196. To be fair, I probably would've be lower but I increased my calories because I was always tired. I eat 2200-2500 3x week w/ carbs and 1800 4x week w/ no carbs.
How’s the body comp looking though?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any updates?

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I finished the bottle and didnt buy a second one. I seemed to have good recomp. I did end my keto diet at 100 days in early July, about a week in. My weight went from 197 to 201 and stayed there. I increased my calories from 1800 to 2100 as well. Accounting for refilling the glycogen stores, it seems to have kept the weight down/off and I recomped pretty well. I'll probably give it a shot in a few months for a 2 month run.