Unexplained spike in Testosterone - RBC, HCT/HGB & Estrogen

Jason12676

Awards
I’ve followed the same protocol for over 10years. Inj Test cyp - 1cc/wk.

Labs for Total/free T/ T serum etc - RBC, HCT/HGB & Estrogen and estrogen have always been normal/within range up until 2018 – now my testosterone, RBC, HCT/HGB have spiked. I.E. -Total T after 6-7 days from injection would normally be 900ish, now it’s as much as 1,500 + and of course the others mentioned are up as well. Also, within the last few weeks I’ve noticed my hands will feel cold/numb and have noticed slight purple for a few seconds a couple times.

Met with Dr ~2 weeks ago and he said hand issue could be from thick blood, thus advised cutting Test to 1/2 a cc/week and donating a unit of blood which I did a few days ago and for the increase in Estrogen/Estrogen serum, Dr prescribed Arimidex. Script was written for 1mg 1x/day and after about 3-4 days of that, things just weren’t right. I read most do 1/4 of 1 mg pill every 3 days or so. As such, I stopped for a few days and did 1/2 a pill 2x this week thus far. Still don’t feel right physically/mentally. What a mess – I felt better pre arimidex and donating blood… (Donated a unit of blood in early October 2020 and didn’t feel well for a week + after)

Only a few things I can think of have changed. I used to be very meticulous about injecting on the same day weekly. Sometimes in 2018 – 2020 I would miss a week here and there. Additionally, in Nov 2017 someone very very close to me unexpectedly died and I got into a new relationship which is still in place.

Any thoughts/ideas on as to why the spike in testosterone etc? Is it remotely possible prolonged grief and added emotional upheavals could be any type of factor? I’m at a loss….

Charger69

Awards
I’ve followed the same protocol for over 10years. Inj Test cyp - 1cc/wk.

Labs for Total/free T/ T serum etc - RBC, HCT/HGB & Estrogen and estrogen have always been normal/within range up until 2018 – now my testosterone, RBC, HCT/HGB have spiked. I.E. -Total T after 6-7 days from injection would normally be 900ish, now it’s as much as 1,500 + and of course the others mentioned are up as well. Also, within the last few weeks I’ve noticed my hands will feel cold/numb and have noticed slight purple for a few seconds a couple times.

Met with Dr ~2 weeks ago and he said hand issue could be from thick blood, thus advised cutting Test to 1/2 a cc/week and donating a unit of blood which I did a few days ago and for the increase in Estrogen/Estrogen serum, Dr prescribed Arimidex. Script was written for 1mg 1x/day and after about 3-4 days of that, things just weren’t right. I read most do 1/4 of 1 mg pill every 3 days or so. As such, I stopped for a few days and did 1/2 a pill 2x this week thus far. Still don’t feel right physically/mentally. What a mess – I felt better pre arimidex and donating blood… (Donated a unit of blood in early October 2020 and didn’t feel well for a week + after)

Only a few things I can think of have changed. I used to be very meticulous about injecting on the same day weekly. Sometimes in 2018 – 2020 I would miss a week here and there. Additionally, in Nov 2017 someone very very close to me unexpectedly died and I got into a new relationship which is still in place.

Any thoughts/ideas on as to why the spike in testosterone etc? Is it remotely possible prolonged grief and added emotional upheavals could be any type of factor? I’m at a loss….
This will all be guess work, but I see 2 factors that seem to me the most likely:
1) your age- I never used it worry about high BP, now I keep an eye on it. I am considered one of the older people on the forums- most are in their 20’s- 40’s. In my late 40’s is when things changed. Things usually don’t change all of a sudden but slowly change over time.
2) the concentration of your gear. You may have had underdosed gear or this may be overdosed.

As far as estrogen goes, my viewpoint is if you don’t have gyno or growing boobs, let it go. Estrogen is anabolic and trying to blunt it, takes away from your gains. There is a point that is too high and that is the onset of gyno. Unfortunately, everyone is different and there is no magical number. You may get gyno at 300mg test and I do not get any at 1500 test. You are a good example of the above. Also, remember, the estrogen level is a little different if you have low testosterone... I am referring to test above your normal values.
The estrogen numbers they display are based on non enhanced people. Unfortunately, bro science has people thinking estrogen is bad.

Jason12676

Awards
This will all be guess work, but I see 2 factors that seem to me the most likely:
1) your age- I never used it worry about high BP, now I keep an eye on it. I am considered one of the older people on the forums- most are in their 20’s- 40’s. In my late 40’s is when things changed. Things usually don’t change all of a sudden but slowly change over time.
2) the concentration of your gear. You may have had underdosed gear or this may be overdosed.

As far as estrogen goes, my viewpoint is if you don’t have gyno or growing boobs, let it go. Estrogen is anabolic and trying to blunt it, takes away from your gains. There is a point that is too high and that is the onset of gyno. Unfortunately, everyone is different and there is no magical number. You may get gyno at 300mg test and I do not get any at 1500 test. You are a good example of the above. Also, remember, the estrogen level is a little different if you have low testosterone... I am referring to test above your normal values.
The estrogen numbers they display are based on non enhanced people. Unfortunately, bro science has people thinking estrogen is bad.
My bp has always been “higher” due to being so high strung type A etc.

I’m 44 so not sure if that’s an factor or not?

Below are some of the #’s from January labs if this helps.

Dr. Made it sound like I was a ticking time bomb for heart attack/stroke with the RBC HCT & HGO. Worte a Script for therapeutic phlebotomy to donate 1 unit which wasn’t needed and just an extra pita for nothing.

(Labs done 01/11 - donation done 02/3 HGO at time of donation was 19.3 vs 18.8 at time of labs)

Testosterone, Total, LC/MS = 814.5 (this was 8 days after inj 1cc)

Estrone, Serum = 144

Estradiol = 43.7

RBC = 6.43

Hemoglobin = 18.8

Hematocrit = 55.1

Jason12676

Awards
My bp has always been “higher” due to being so high strung type A etc.

I’m 44 so not sure if that’s an factor or not?

Below are some of the #’s from January labs if this helps.

Dr. Made it sound like I was a ticking time bomb for heart attack/stroke with the RBC HCT & HGO. Worte a Script for therapeutic phlebotomy to donate 1 unit which wasn’t needed and just an extra pita for nothing.

(Labs done 01/11 - donation done 02/3 HGO at time of donation was 19.3 vs 18.8 at time of labs)

Testosterone, Total, LC/MS = 814.5 (this was 8 days after inj 1cc)

Estrone, Serum = 144

Estradiol = 43.7

RBC = 6.43

Hemoglobin = 18.8

Hematocrit = 55.1
Meant to add this

9/16/20 - no idea how much above 1,500 it was...

IMG_4814.JPG

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd get rid of the AI..I personally wouldn't donate blood..your numbers look fine to me..I would increase my injection frequency at least twice a week..are you having symptoms?..

redtrek

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I don't think just being emotional is enough to totally change those lab numbers, but changes in metabolic function can... make sure your metabolic panel looks good and consider any other drugs you're taking OTC, prescription, or otherwise. Most testosterone gets deactivated by the liver, so that's the first thing to wonder about if your clearance is reduced.

Jason12676

Awards
I'd get rid of the AI..I personally wouldn't donate blood..your numbers look fine to me..I would increase my injection frequency at least twice a week..are you having symptoms?..
Sorry just saw this and didn’t get any notifications of a reply.

I ended up donating blood a week or 2 after that post and my hematocrit was 19.3... up from 18.8 about a month prior.

Symptoms: I do get lethargic in the late afternoon and evenings. And a new found numbness in both arms if raised above my head and for a few seconds every so often I’d notice my hands would be slightly purpleish.

Shoulder joints hurt but after stretching it seems to have subsided quite a bit. Yet still can’t sleep with my arm under the pillow like I have for years. This also with an almost constant slight low back pain for quite some time. Not sure what that’s all about. Stretching which I never do seems to help a lil.

I stopped the Armidex about a week ago. The emotional swings were just too much....

Perhaps more stretching and splitting injections to 2x/week may help?

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
where are you injecting? sub Q or IM? did you recently switch? did you lose fat recently?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
where are you injecting? sub Q or IM? did you recently switch? did you lose fat recently?
these are good questions as can influence the test levels. Switching from Im to sub q and increasing frequency can increase test levels but nothing I’ve seen would suggest it can do it to the level you experienced.

environmental factors could also play a part in hormones but would normally decrease test levels. You may have been in an environment that was decreasing your test when you started trt and have moved and now aren’t?

likewise stressors from training (did you used to do a lot of endurance training when you started and now you’ve switched to lifting weights?)

id definitely request a switch from a doctor that prescribed 1mg Adex a day for someone who’s estrogen wasn’t even high. Normally I would always say go with what the medical professional says but all of us on here with a passing interest in our hormones know that is fucking ridiculous bro. Mo
Wonder you felt terrible

Jason12676

Awards
I’m doing IM injections same location (glutes) switching sides - haven’t done subQ and nothing really has changed workout wise other than less cardio than I used too but lifting weights are the same as before.

It’s an enigma for sure. I got nothing... I did reduce the test from 1cc to .75ish over the last month or so.

I am going to have another set of labs run here shortly.

Debating also switching to subQ 2X per week.

Jason12676

Awards
Meant to add I’ve lived in the same place almost 7 years...

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stopping the AI your hormones start to adjust.. have to give it 6 to 10 weeks then you will start feeling alot better..

Jason12676

Awards
Stopping the AI your hormones start to adjust.. have to give it 6 to 10 weeks then you will start feeling alot better..
I was on it for a few days at 1 per day. Then went to 1/4 every 3 days then a 1/4 once a week. Would that little time frame a month or so take so long to adjust?

The numbness (going to sleep feeling) in my arms and fingers pruning, going cold etc. is bizarre as hell. From shoulder joint to finger tips it is. Which started before the AI. Not even sure where to begin Dr wise or other to try and figure that out....

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was on it for a few days at 1 per day. Then went to 1/4 every 3 days then a 1/4 once a week. Would that little time frame a month or so take so long to adjust?

The numbness (going to sleep feeling) in my arms and fingers pruning, going cold etc. is bizarre as hell. From shoulder joint to finger tips it is. Which started before the AI. Not even sure where to begin Dr wise or other to try and figure that out....
1mg per day of arimidex?

Jason12676

Awards
On trt an AI is horrible for you..ppl on AI are not dialed in with their trt..dosage and frequencies need to be adjusted till you have symptom relief
Yeah 1mg/day until I started feeling weird and looked into it. Did that for like 3-4 days before I was bonkers.

How far from last injection are you getting labs done? Since I’ve always done 1cc/wk I was doing a full 7 days out and would be in the 900’s. Now I’m off the charts, literally... makes no sense after 10 + years of the same dose.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
going from IM to sub Q would reduce your test per some experts - just heads up

perhaps increasing injection frequency may reduce the need for AI - less aromatization from lower test spikes.

by any chance did you get the blood draw next day after your scheduled injection + your old (normal test) number lab result was perhaps 4-5 days after injection if you were doing 1x weekly.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah 1mg/day until I started feeling weird and looked into it. Did that for like 3-4 days before I was bonkers.

How far from last injection are you getting labs done? Since I’ve always done 1cc/wk I was doing a full 7 days out and would be in the 900’s. Now I’m off the charts, literally... makes no sense after 10 + years of the same dose.

if you are in 900s 7 days after then you are definitely 1500+ 1-2 days after injection. - perhaps switch to 2x weekly or 3x weekly- obv split the dosage

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't think just being emotional is enough to totally change those lab numbers, but changes in metabolic function can... make sure your metabolic panel looks good and consider any other drugs you're taking OTC, prescription, or otherwise. Most testosterone gets deactivated by the liver, so that's the first thing to wonder about if your clearance is reduced.
are you drinking red wine? contains quercetin which is shown to lower clearance

Jason12676

Awards
going from IM to sub Q would reduce your test per some experts - just heads up

perhaps increasing injection frequency may reduce the need for AI - less aromatization from lower test spikes.

by any chance did you get the blood draw next day after your scheduled injection + your old (normal test) number lab result was perhaps 4-5 days after injection if you were doing 1x weekly.
I wait until 6-8 days after the test injection to get labs done

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I'm every 3rd day on injections. When its my day for an injection I get labs done that day..then injection after