Ulcerative colitis with AAS question

zzxyyy

Awards
So about two years ago I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. I had been a previous pro hormone user, so thinking I may of done this to myself I asked my doctor if previous pro hormone use would lead to ulcerative colitis, and to my surprise he said if anything anabolics would help with the symptoms of UC.
Recently if February I did a nice 6 week cycle of Epi and everything was great, gained a soiled 15 and kept almost 100% of it, it was an amazing cycle. Tapered with clomid for 4-5 weeks and overall was happy with the results.
Now a couple months later, starting towards the end of April I started flaring up, so bad I'm currently hospitalized just to receive some solu cortef to reduce the inflammation.

My question is this: will taking a steady test cycle be an overall better approach than these terrible corticosteroids. I can sit here all day and take 80mg of prednisone which will eventually destroy me, but I'm looking for someone who has experience with UC and test cycles to reduce inflammation hopefully for the long run. I eat clean, almost zero processed foods and I eat a low residue diet, fearing that fiber will cause more of an upset, but I'm open to opinions on what type of cycles will be best, considering an anabolic that will not cause bleeding problems. Open to all suggestions, PM's are fine.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's a hard question to answer. If prednisone is helping your symptoms and it's the only thing that's working, then I would go with your doctors advise. It will cause muscle wasting, but I would talk to your doctor about that too.

This site has some info on UC that has conventional and unconventional treatments that may help you with UC:
http://www.lifeextension.com/protocols/gastrointestinal/inflammatory-bowel-disease/Page-01

I have an ucler, which isn't as sever as what you have, but it causes me stomach pain quite frequently which I treat with ginger root capsules, enteric coated peppermint oil, activated charcoal, and even Kratom when the pain gets bad enough.

Without knowing your whole medical history, I can only offer a few suggestions, but look at possible food allergies and try avoiding FODMAPS.

To answer your question about AAS, are you thinking of running AAS and prednisone together? I believe there are some androgens and maybe SARMs, GH, and etc that could have some anti-inflammatory and some that have pro-inflammatory properties, so it's hard to say for certain.

But, tbh, I would work with your doctor, a dietician, and maybe an anti-aging clinic to see if you can get something prescribed to you that can help you with your issues.

zzxyyy

Awards
Was more thinking along the lines of using anabolics as a preventative measure, without the prednisone after this flare is over seeing as how everything was fine while on the pro hormones, but pro's are much more harsh on everything in general and was looking to see if anyone with UC notices positive affects / remission while also keeping their body building figure without the downside of flares

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Was more thinking along the lines of using anabolics as a preventative measure, without the prednisone after this flare is over seeing as how everything was fine while on the pro hormones, but pro's are much more harsh on everything in general and was looking to see if anyone with UC notices positive affects / remission while also keeping their body building figure without the downside of flares
I'm not sure how AAS would work as a preventative measure. Probably the best preventative measure is going to be to adjust your diet and lifestyle to avoid foods and environmental factors that inflame your GI tract. I could see how testosterone could increase your appetite, rebuild muscle wasting lost to glucocorticoids and that kind of thing. Life Extension recommends supplementing with DHEA, so testosterone in the form of TRT could be the same kind of idea.

Fareal04

Awards
Source: Wikipedia
I don't think anyone actually pays that. I get infused every 8 weeks and my receipts are over 4,000. I used to have my health insurance from work cover Remicade but now I'm covered by the government health plan and the drug company. Yes in Canada.

Hardedge

Awards
I have Ulcerative colitis as well, and done numerous cycles. The ONLY thing that triggered it badly for me has been Epistane. Not Test, Tren, winny, M1T, etc. There is a suggested link between sulphurous compounds in the colon and UC, and remember Epistane has a -epithio group attached to it, containing sulphur. You may want to stay away from it as well.

zzxyyy

Awards
thank you for the feedback, I took the epistane back in February, I figured the two couldn't be related because when I was on I felt amazing and the flare didn't start till last month, it just seemed like too much time between the cycle and the flare but I could be wrong

zzxyyy

Awards
I could take humira or remicade but the thing is, I want to have to avoid taking these meds as I was told they are life long, cost a ton of money, and just are over all terrible for your health. I'm very active, you would never know I have UC and I'm trying my hardest to suppress it through diet, exercise and anything other than biologics.

Any regiment for anyone with UC, I'm open to recommendations. Something with zero rebound UC wise

3GMac

Awards
I could take humira or remicade but the thing is, I want to have to avoid taking these meds as I was told they are life long, cost a ton of money, and just are over all terrible for your health. I'm very active, you would never know I have UC and I'm trying my hardest to suppress it through diet, exercise and anything other than biologics.

Any regiment for anyone with UC, I'm open to recommendations. Something with zero rebound UC wise
They are not for life I was on Remicade for 12 years and have been in off and in remission for 2.5 years now while using AAS and sarms.

aman88

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So about two years ago I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. I had been a previous pro hormone user, so thinking I may of done this to myself I asked my doctor if previous pro hormone use would lead to ulcerative colitis, and to my surprise he said if anything anabolics would help with the symptoms of UC.
Recently if February I did a nice 6 week cycle of Epi and everything was great, gained a soiled 15 and kept almost 100% of it, it was an amazing cycle. Tapered with clomid for 4-5 weeks and overall was happy with the results.
Now a couple months later, starting towards the end of April I started flaring up, so bad I'm currently hospitalized just to receive some solu cortef to reduce the inflammation.

My question is this: will taking a steady test cycle be an overall better approach than these terrible corticosteroids. I can sit here all day and take 80mg of prednisone which will eventually destroy me, but I'm looking for someone who has experience with UC and test cycles to reduce inflammation hopefully for the long run. I eat clean, almost zero processed foods and I eat a low residue diet, fearing that fiber will cause more of an upset, but I'm open to opinions on what type of cycles will be best, considering an anabolic that will not cause bleeding problems. Open to all suggestions, PM's are fine.
Maybe get a second opinion from another gastroenterologist if you are not happy? There are multiple people with UC in my life and it varies person to person how bad the disease is... but I know people who take things other than corticosteroids... there’s also special diets to help reduce flair ups...

PhoenixGamer

Awards
Have you taken antibiotics in the past? Ulcerative Colitis could be a result of dysbiosis in the large intestine. I recommend you work with a functional medicine doctor/Naturopath and order a Genova Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis. Prednisone, Humira and all these other drugs will never cure you and they are harming you in the long run. The cure is a Fecal Microbiota Transplant (FMT). I know it sounds crazy, but your gut microbiome needs to be replaced with that of a healthy donor. You need healthy bacteria to function normally; far-reaching endocrine effects are linked to the gut: Gut-Brain Axis. This is why you have out of control inflammation; Too much bad bacteria and not enough good bacteria. Probiotics will not fix it either. They may help, but there are many strains of bacteria that are missing after antibiotic use. Antibiotics are capable of killing an infection, but they may also permanently kill of strains you were born with. FMT is the only treatment.