UK to get weight loss drug free on NHS?

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Semaglutidem a drug for type2 diabetes has proven to lower many risk factors and so, now int he news today, they plan to give it out to the obese with a bmi of over 35

Has anyone experience with this? It looks like a pre-loaded pen easy to use clicker

Im surprised we're not all over it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Semaglutidem a drug for type2 diabetes has proven to lower many risk factors and so, now int he news today, they plan to give it out to the obese with a bmi of over 35

Has anyone experience with this? It looks like a pre-loaded pen easy to use clicker

Im surprised we're not all over it
biden admin is pushing hard for vaccines....he is at war with unvaxxed.

fatdogm3nd0za

Awards
That's good news,
I'm type 2 diabetic, I'm about to start Liraglutide, which has similar effects (hopefully very similar) but much shorter half life.
My Dr said they can prescribe Semiglutide (for diabetes not obesity) but they tend not to, preferring Metformin, Glimepiride etc. due to the long half life, sides, injections etc.
There is also an oral Semaglutide which the NHS has under review just now they said, its not widely prescribed either.

This is good news, I guess the fat loss effects of Semiglutide could potentially reverse T2DM.
Some sources say the fat loss compares to gastric band surgery!
Ill probably stick with Lira for now, and then switch later, depending on how it goes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That's good news,
I'm type 2 diabetic, I'm about to start Liraglutide, which has similar effects (hopefully very similar) but much shorter half life.
My Dr said they can prescribe Semiglutide (for diabetes not obesity) but they tend not to, preferring Metformin, Glimepiride etc. due to the long half life, sides, injections etc.
There is also an oral Semaglutide which the NHS has under review just now they said, its not widely prescribed either.

This is good news, I guess the fat loss effects of Semiglutide could potentially reverse T2DM.
Some sources say the fat loss compares to gastric band surgery!
Ill probably stick with Lira for now, and then switch later, depending on how it goes.
good luck, i hope things work out well for you!!! :)

fatdogm3nd0za

Awards
You pay for drugs upfront in England, (although heavily subsidised).
in Scotland, its free (at the point of "sale").
But yeh ultimately if you pay tax, nothing your government "gives" you is free- healthcare, military, police etc.

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The problem is when the population of non-tax payers is too damn high. Democracy then becomes the practice of voting the money out of other people's pockets, and into yours. Kind of where we're at now.

fatdogm3nd0za

Awards
yeh, I agree with your statement,
The middle/working class always get the bill.
The poor get benefits/welfare, and the rich avoid tax.
All while our governments spunk the money we do have against a wall.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ya I saw the mpmd video about that one guy who got semiglut prescribed. seems interesting, but I'm more curious about the recreational use. I see a lot of bbs using metformin but not the glutides

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The problem is when the population of non-tax payers is too damn high. Democracy then becomes the practice of voting the money out of other people's pockets, and into yours. Kind of where we're at now.
TRUTH

fatdogm3nd0za

Awards
ya I saw the mpmd video about that one guy who got semiglut prescribed. seems interesting, but I'm more curious about the recreational use. I see a lot of bbs using metformin but not the glutides
From what i can gather, its mostly appetite suppression that gives it its fat loss.
which appears to be through Glucagon suppression and delayed gastric emptying (constipation/diorehaa- awsome!!)
this paper says it acts directly on the hypothalamus to inhibit hunger- im assuming thats GLP.
it also raises insulin and insulin sensitivity allegedly.

Might not be great for BBS general cutting. probably want to keep some appetite to maintain muscle mass.
However if your a fat **** like me with diabetes, possibly a god send. we will see what this nausea is like.