Turning 18 , thoughts on mk677

Cfreids

Awards
Hi there , I have been loosing my hair since I was 15 and recently I have been told to start finasteride I’m September when I’m 18 , I’ve also bought Ru5584 to combat this hair loss and hopefully regrow my very lost hair , I’m wondering on how bad finasteride can inpact my sexual growth/organs and health etc , ive also seen that things like TB-500 and Mk677 could increase hair rate , density and overall thickness , however at a low dose/cycle could this deform me ?(mk 677) ive read it could change your facial structure along with increasing head size , it’s worth noting , the last 4 months I have been recovering from a left talus foot surgery and I’m just getting back on my feet now , would this also be beneficial to help healing . If anyone can guide me through this or suggest anything / potentially help me through this journey with side effects or information on this topic . Would be much appreciated - many thanks

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hi there , I have been loosing my hair since I was 15 and recently I have been told to start finasteride I’m September when I’m 18 , I’ve also bought Ru5584 to combat this hair loss and hopefully regrow my very lost hair , I’m wondering on how bad finasteride can inpact my sexual growth/organs and health etc , ive also seen that things like TB-500 and Mk677 could increase hair rate , density and overall thickness , however at a low dose/cycle could this deform me ?(mk 677) ive read it could change your facial structure along with increasing head size , it’s worth noting , the last 4 months I have been recovering from a left talus foot surgery and I’m just getting back on my feet now , would this also be beneficial to help healing . If anyone can guide me through this or suggest anything / potentially help me through this journey with side effects or information on this topic . Would be much appreciated - many thanks
Experiences and opinions on Finasteride vary wildly.

But I would NEVER recommend it's use, based upon the Many possible side effects, and the guys I've talked to who believe they may never be the same, after using it.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have seen some positive feedback on Finasteride regarding effects on hair loss, but I have also seen people telling about some long lasting, nasty and difficult to fix issues the Finasteride has created. Lowering DHT does not sound like a fun thing to me in the first place. I don't know how well the DHT blocking shampoos and such work, but they should only lower DHT locally.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s not a route I would be going at your age bro.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'd rather be bald then have erectile dysfunction in my teens, or any age for that matter. I don't want to be a Debbie downer, but if you started balding in your teens I doubt anything is going to save your hair, especially peptides or mk677. I would probably start shaving it now and get my head tanned so I could get use to it. There's way worse things that can happen to you then being bald. Get in great shape, a tan and if you got a good personality to go with it, no1 is going to care if your bald

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ll never understand the fear of finasteride on this board. I’m not saying that bad sides can happen but it’s been proven over and over that this is an incredibly small subset of prescribed users. This drug has been prescribed to millions and millions of people for decades. If these horror stories were so common the drug would’ve been pulled or disappeared long ago. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but as a man whose been on finasteride for the last 13 years, I’ve never had sexual side effects or any other issue. The only side effect I’ve gotten is still having a full head of hair while everyone else in my family is bald.

Op 18 is pretty young to be considering finasteride but if you’ve been losing it since 15 you should 100% talk with a doctor. It could be some other deficiency causing it. Let your doc know you’ve heard of propecia, let them know your concerns, see what they say. Make an informed decision, don’t rely on a bodybuilding forum.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I’ll never understand the fear of finasteride on this board. I’m not saying that bad sides can happen but it’s been proven over and over that this is an incredibly small subset of prescribed users. This drug has been prescribed to millions and millions of people for decades. If these horror stories were so common the drug would’ve been pulled or disappeared long ago. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but as a man whose been on finasteride for the last 13 years, I’ve never had sexual side effects or any other issue. The only side effect I’ve gotten is still having a full head of hair while everyone else in my family is bald.

Op 18 is pretty young to be considering finasteride but if you’ve been losing it since 15 you should 100% talk with a doctor. It could be some other deficiency causing it. Let your doc know you’ve heard of propecia, let them know your concerns, see what they say. Make an informed decision, don’t rely on a bodybuilding forum.
You don't normally get Ed on the finastride most of the time, it's usually after you discontinued it. I also know a hand full of guys that used the stuff and there hair still fell out over the course of 5-10 years . I only know 1 person who got post fina Ed. And 1 is too many for me to gamble on my dick when the alternative is shaving my head. Especially if I was a teenager.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm well aware that thousands and thousands of ppl have successfully used finastride. I don't necessarily have a fear or am against it. All I'm saying is Im not that scared of loosing my hair that I find it necessary to use when there is a potential risk for ed.

But putting everything aside, if balding runs in your family and as a teenager it's already starting. I doubt your going to escape it. Now if it's not genetic, then that's a different story

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You don't normally get Ed on the finastride most of the time, it's usually after you discontinued it. I also know a hand full of guys that used the stuff and there hair still fell out over the course of 5-10 years . I only know 1 person who got post fina Ed. And 1 is too many for me to gamble on my dick when the alternative is shaving my head. Especially if I was a teenager.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm well aware that thousands and thousands of ppl have successfully used finastride. I don't necessarily have a fear or am against it. All I'm saying is Im not that scared of loosing my hair that I find it necessary to use when there is a potential risk for ed.

But putting everything aside, if balding runs in your family and as a teenager it's already starting. I doubt your going to escape it. Now if it's not genetic, then that's a different story
That’s completely fair. I just don’t want to fearmonger OP. He is young and at that age it can be very hard to accept hair loss. I myself will eventually go bald and that’s fine. I got on finasteride in my 20s because at the time my vanity took priority because I thought I needed hair for girls. Being in my late 30s I’ve realized that’s no longer something that women really care about. I still take my finasteride because my doc checks my bloods yearly to make sure my levels are fine and it’s about $20 for a years supply, so I’ll figure I’ll take it til my doc says not to.

Also I can confidently say speaking for myself, that finasteride protected my hair over many cycles over the years.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That’s completely fair. I just don’t want to fearmonger OP. He is young and at that age it can be very hard to accept hair loss. I myself will eventually go bald and that’s fine. I got on finasteride in my 20s because at the time my vanity took priority because I thought I needed hair for girls. Being in my late 30s I’ve realized that’s no longer something that women really care about. I still take my finasteride because my doc checks my bloods yearly to make sure my levels are fine and it’s about $20 for a years supply, so I’ll figure I’ll take it til my doc says not to.

Also I can confidently say speaking for myself, that finasteride protected my hair over many cycles over the years.
Do you use regular finastride or the topical. I've seen lots of ppl say the topical has far less risk for side effects. Just curious as I don't actually use it, I'm only going on what I've read and the word of a few friends

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've personally spoken with at least 4 guys who've related their horror stories to me.
... And I don't talk to millions of guys.

It's great that the above poster hasn't experienced any terrible side effects (at least yet). But I guarantee that doesn't make the guys with Terrible side effects feel any better at all.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And..... Nobody is FEAR MONGERING here at all!

But what some of us are doing is relating the real life experiences of others that I've personally spoken to.

Fear mongering....
SMH.

Down-playing something potentially dangerous to one's health is what should be the concern here.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And..... Nobody is FEAR MONGERING here at all!

But what some of us are doing is relating the real life experiences of others that I've personally spoken to.

Fear mongering....
SMH.

Down-playing something potentially dangerous to one's health is what should be the concern here.
IF YOU WANT TO DO THE CAPS THING…

My point is maybe he should ask a doctor and not us. Calm yourself

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you use regular finastride or the topical. I've seen lots of ppl say the topical has far less risk for side effects. Just curious as I don't actually use it, I'm only going on what I've read and the word of a few friends
And sir thank you for engaging in thoughtful discourse. I’ve also seen the reports of topical possibly leading to less sides.

I myself use regular tablets. A bunch of guys at my gym do, a lot of my friends and coworkers. No one has ever reported anything negative. Just speaking as a person whom has actually used this before that other guy Renew jumps in and gets angry.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

You're the one with the fear mongering crap!

You calm YOURSELF.

I'd rather have someone looking after my health than one of the guys who think that because "I've taken it for years, and I'm fine". ... Blah blah crap.

You want to get me riled up?
Try to put down my comments when I'm trying to look out for someone's health. ... And call it Fear Mongering.

Done.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just for shits and giggles I looked up Ed from oral finastride. 15% of men experience impotence in comparison to the placebo group. That's a little more then 1 out of every 10 ppl.

While I 100% agree he should not be using us to make his decision, I would definitely not let a Dr. Make the decision for me. I would completely make that decision for myself. Dr. Are quick to put ppl on medication regardless of side effects. Also a quick look around and I found that with oral finastride, 15% of men experience impotence in comparison to the placebo group. That's a little more then 1 out of every 10 ppl. I can't seem to find any numbers on the topical.

At the end of the day, there's a risk to reward ratio with just about everything. You gotta look at both and decide for yourself if the reward is worth the potential risk.

I will say this again so there's no confusion. This kid absolutely should not make his decision based on what some guys on a forum that he's never met before tell him

We're simply here to share our opinions and experiences. The good, the bad, the ugly.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink to someone else, unless your into some weird ass stuff...... Like whisky

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And sir thank you for engaging in thoughtful discourse. I’ve also seen the reports of topical possibly leading to less sides.

I myself use regular tablets. A bunch of guys at my gym do, a lot of my friends and coworkers. No one has ever reported anything negative. Just speaking as a person whom has actually used this before that other guy Renew jumps in and gets angry.
Hah...

Fear Mongering.

Yeah... Your the innocent one.

LOL

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don't know why it quoted that part but I didn't mean to quote anyone

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hah...

Fear Mongering.

Yeah... Your the innocent one.

LOL
Cool man. Sorry I decided to answer the OP as an actual user of finasteride. My bad. You win. Feel better?

Maybe this is why this forum has become a shell of it what it was 10-15 years ago when it was vibrant and full of people.

OP: to put it succinctly- I’m a user of finasteride and have not experienced side effects. I’ve used it over 13 years. I think that you should talk to a doctor about using it.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cool man. Sorry I decided to answer the OP as an actual user of finasteride. My bad. You win. Feel better?

Maybe this is why this forum has become a shell of it what it was 10-15 years ago when it was vibrant and full of people.

OP: to put it succinctly- I’m a user of finasteride and have not experienced side effects. I’ve used it over 13 years. I think that you should talk to a doctor about using it.
Oh yeah, were cool.
But no ... You win.
Because one guy's personal experience is much more important than all of the others who've actually had bad sides from the drug.
... At least 15%, apparently.

So you're doing a great job helping guys here man.

LOL.
What a piece of work.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
a lot of people will flame me.. but I have had an absolute chrome dome for 20 yrs. after using Helios for about a yr. strait I have many new hairs sprouting .. perhaps using it for its multiple health benefits is the obvious reason. But maybe had I been taking this back when it really mattered, during my hair loss era, things would be different.

Anti-inflammatory actions may have pathways to stimulate hair growth unknown as of yet. It may also have great effects for helping ones hair loss. For OP, if you are worried about hair loss use Rogaine and Helios, but steer clear of the Finasteride

YungWuTang

YungWuTang

Awards
at 18 I would not touch any hormones.

I've ran about 4 cycles in my lifetime and I am 23, If I could go back in time I would have stayed natural all the way till now. Even at 23, I am pushing it with any hormone usage.

(been 156 5.6%BF all the way up to 246 20%BF)
Both were cycle involved, both were unsustainable post cycle.

In regards to Mk677
(Ibutamoren)
MK 677 is a ghrelin receptor agonist, and a growth hormone secretagogue, which means that it increases HGH in users.

I believe you wouldnt have many issues running this for a cycle to increase HGH, it is not an androgenic so it will not mess your testosterone or estrogen up.

From what I know HGH needs to be present in the body for a good amount of time before you start noticing the positive effects, I may be incorrect but I believe 3-6 month protocols for HGH. I know when I was about 17 I had the capability to get on HGH and people told me to take it as much as I can for as long as I can. (to an extent of course).

In all reality if you started losing your hair at 15, I would just let it be it seems genetics played a big role in your loss of hair and the best course of action would be hair replacement therapy IMO, not hormones and drugs. Surgery versus Russian roulette with hormones. Id pick surgery any day.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
at 18 I would not touch any hormones.

I've ran about 4 cycles in my lifetime and I am 23, If I could go back in time I would have stayed natural all the way till now. Even at 23, I am pushing it with any hormone usage.

(been 156 5.6%BF all the way up to 246 20%BF)
Both were cycle involved, both were unsustainable post cycle.

In regards to Mk677
(Ibutamoren)
MK 677 is a ghrelin receptor agonist, and a growth hormone secretagogue, which means that it increases HGH in users.

I believe you wouldnt have many issues running this for a cycle to increase HGH, it is not an androgenic so it will not mess your testosterone or estrogen up.

From what I know HGH needs to be present in the body for a good amount of time before you start noticing the positive effects, I may be incorrect but I believe 3-6 month protocols for HGH. I know when I was about 17 I had the capability to get on HGH and people told me to take it as much as I can for as long as I can. (to an extent of course).

In all reality if you started losing your hair at 15, I would just let it be it seems genetics played a big role in your loss of hair and the best course of action would be hair replacement therapy IMO, not hormones and drugs. Surgery versus Russian roulette with hormones. Id pick surgery any day.
Gh works almost immediately, it's cosmetic effects for muscle fullness and giving that round look take less then a week. But it goes away very shortly after stopping. Yes to see changes in actual muscle tissue growth it takes months, but so does everything else. All the ppl who say gh takes months to do anything probably had fake or severely underdosed stuff.

By the way just a fun fact, the stuff we get is gh, "hgh" comes from pituitary gland of dead bodies.

As for mk677, it's not going to raise your natural GH levels enough to make a noticable difference in muscle growth, but some guys start holding water intramuscular the first week and gain like 10+ lbs. Not everyone though

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If your a good responder to the gh pathway, mk677, cjc with dac and ipam combined can really jack up your gh and igf 1 levels to high super physiological levels, but the amount you need to use will end up being more expensive then buying actual gh

YungWuTang

YungWuTang

Awards
If your a good responder to the gh pathway, mk677, cjc with dac and ipam combined can really jack up your gh and igf 1 levels to high super physiological levels, but the amount you need to use will end up being more expensive then buying actual gh

Oh yeah not to mention prices haha.

allbrawn

allbrawn

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP-
I just started noticing some hair loss this past year.
Scarred the **** out of me and I ordered all the rogaine and special shampoos as many of us do when we notice hair loss.

Fast forward to today, don’t use anything other than biotin to combat this issue.

Keep your hair buzzed, don’t hide it, accept it and focus energy/resources on improving what you have control over..example: chiseled jawline, low body fat, abs, good fitted/tailored wardrobe, bank account,school....

If you are worried about dating life...So many cases of dudes with less than stellar hair pulling hot tail. Chicks won’t reject you for your hair, they will reject you for low confidence and high body fat haha.

Regarding mk677-don’t touch it. In my experience it made me extremely hungry and hold onto water like crazy. Only benefit was nice sleep.

P.s Hats are handy as well if you are still trying to accept hair situation.

Pigeon101

Awards
Stay away from finasteride, complete poison. Also used by transexuals....

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bro your 18 you shouldn't even be in a forum like this unless you were doing npc nationals or something. Look I'm a lucky one I get it I'm 40 years old, can do all the masteron I want and my long hair is as thick as a porn stars hard on, but hormones are not the way to go especially research chems my boy, I know you're not trying to hear this especially from a guy who blasted Sustanon at 19 but I do hope my post just adds to all the others who are saying the same thing, guys on here who I would let design a whole 20 week cycle for me

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd rather be bald then have erectile dysfunction in my teens, or any age for that matter. I don't want to be a Debbie downer, but if you started balding in your teens I doubt anything is going to save your hair, especially peptides or mk677. I would probably start shaving it now and get my head tanned so I could get use to it. There's way worse things that can happen to you then being bald. Get in great shape, a tan and if you got a good personality to go with it, no1 is going to care if your bald
Yup, I’ve got a full head of hair and shave it. Idgaf and it doesn’t stop me from getting laid.
Less hassle with a shaved head.
Chicks only care about money or if your good in bed. If you ain’t got money, you better be ready to work that D.