Trying to shred...need some help!

DV663

DV663

Awards
Ive been lifting for about 4 years now and have always gone with the get big or die trying motto, but with Marine OCS in the near future I need to loose some weight and maintain as much muscle mass as possible. Im 6'2 210ishh and i want to be a solid 190- 195 when boot camp arrives. Need help with the protein/carb/sugar/fat breakdowns the most. Any other tips/advice will be much appreciated!

cyb3rtr0n1k

Awards
I wouldn't worry too much about your macros. Use a calculator online (loads) to work out your maintenance and knock off 500 cals. Hit your 1g of protein per lb of b/w and fill the rest with carbs and fats.

You can either lose the 500 Cal's from cardio, diet or both. That's will lose you 1lb a week . You can go as high as 2lb a week but I wouldn't go more than that or you will risk too much muscle loss.

I also do a refeed once a week, as it keeps me sane and helps with plateaus. One day a week eat 200 over your maintenance eating mainly carbs.

If you wanna take a fat burner, I recommend eca stack if you can get hold of ethedrine. There are plenty of guides online of how to take it. I have also tried Animal cuts which was quite good, but it made me sweat like a bitch.

That's about it I think. Good luck

DV663

DV663

Awards
I wouldn't worry too much about your macros. Use a calculator online (loads) to work out your maintenance and knock off 500 cals. Hit your 1g of protein per lb of b/w and fill the rest with carbs and fats.

You can either lose the 500 Cal's from cardio, diet or both. That's will lose you 1lb a week . You can go as high as 2lb a week but I wouldn't go more than that or you will risk too much muscle loss.

I also do a refeed once a week, as it keeps me sane and helps with plateaus. One day a week eat 200 over your maintenance eating mainly carbs.

If you wanna take a fat burner, I recommend eca stack if you can get hold of ethedrine. There are plenty of guides online of how to take it. I have also tried Animal cuts which was quite good, but it made me sweat like a bitch.

awesome sounds good thanks!

PROness

Awards

That's fine and dandy and all but cardio is terrible for fat loss. Add HIIT or met con instead of cardio; it will save you time and promote a hormonal response to burn fat even after the workout. I also wouldn't do an ECA stack as they can be dangerous and leave you drained after a cycle, which would really suck for the OP given the nature of his work. Not to mention sleeping is almost impossible for the first few days. Lastly, thermogencis are the biggest scam in all of supplements when you consider you're paying in upwards of $50 bucks for some caffeine pills. I personally buy a case of energy drinks or a bulk can of coffee from sams club. Other than that I believe cyb3r hit the nail on the head.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
i would go with hiit or circuit training over cardio for fat loss

DV663

DV663

Awards
i recently picked up a 650lb crane tire that I flip in my backyard and use for other various training purposes. gotta say i absolutely love it for high intensity

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Hey man i would be more than willing to help you out on this, setting up a diet specifically for you and make suggestions on your training and supplementation. Love to help you reach your goal and since your going to be serving our country. Inbox me if your interested.

DV663

DV663

Awards
Hey man i would be more than willing to help you out on this, setting up a diet specifically for you and make suggestions on your training and supplementation. Love to help you reach your goal and since your going to be serving our country. Inbox me if your interested.
awesome man really appreciate the help! my main problem is that i'm afraid about loosing a lot of muscle mass while cutting...i realize loosing some is inevitable but i dont want to shrink down to a stick either

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
awesome man really appreciate the help! my main problem is that i'm afraid about loosing a lot of muscle mass while cutting...i realize loosing some is inevitable but i dont want to shrink down to a stick either
Well we can get you all set up man. Diet is key like everything else if were trying to gain muscle or lose fat. We dont want to make sudden changes, thats when you will lose a lot of muscle, so we will do a more gradual approach, but at the same time I guarantee you put some muscle on as well if you stick to the diet. I'm not sure on what your consuming now, but makes a very big difference. Inbox me and i will send you what i need buddy and we'll go from there.