Trying to lower SHBG on TRT with Ostarine a good move?

CD1886

Awards
What’s up fellas,

So I’m on TRT and just got my bloodwork back. I’m 5 ft 10in 172 pounds 8-9% bf and in pretty great shape. However my gains and performance are not correlating with my bloodwork, and I think I know why... SHBG! I am taking 100mg a week of test cyp and .25mg of arimidex a week. My total test is 1250 and free test is 42.5, both numbers way higher than the max. My e2 is at 19, but my SHBG is 54, which tells my my free test reading is innacurate. Also my athletic performance would say the same as well.

So I’m thinking of cycling Ostarine to keep SHBG down, and reap the benefits of my extremely high testosterone. Thoughts?

Admin_Error

Awards
No. There a lot variables... How's the diet, marcos, etc.? How training etc? Gains and performance, care to elaborate bit more? (tired, no energy etc?)

How long have you been on TRT?

What's you starting numbers before you started TRT? For SHBG were you higher? SHBG comes down some with TRT, but SHBG does what SHBG wants.

If you e2 was the sensitive test, you don't need an AI. You should be on twice a week min shot, not one if you are. Your TRT dosage should be higher base on you SHBG.

Vitamin D has been shown to lower SHBG. Overall we need more info.

CD1886

Awards
Thanks for the response. So pre TRT numbers were 500 total t, 8.7 free t, 48.7 SHBG, and 16.5 e2 (all e2 tests are sensitive essay). Even with lower t I have always been pound for pound very strong, ripped as ****, but my mood, cognitive behavior, and endurance is what began to suffer. So been on TRT a year, and have pretty much just maintained my abilities with an increase in weight by about 5-6 pounds. Also my mood, outlook, and drive have returned back to normal, so that has been great. Libido has never been an issue.

Diet is 50% carbs 25% protein and 25% fat. Training, like I said I have not lost anything just struggling to make new gains, and endurance is not what it used to be when I was younger, and neither is strength, but still strong. I am 32 and in the military. Any feed back greatly appreciated.

Admin_Error

Awards
Thanks for the response. So pre TRT numbers were 500 total t, 8.7 free t, 48.7 SHBG, and 16.5 e2 (all e2 tests are sensitive essay). Even with lower t I have always been pound for pound very strong, ripped as ****, but my mood, cognitive behavior, and endurance is what began to suffer. So been on TRT a year, and have pretty much just maintained my abilities with an increase in weight by about 5-6 pounds. Also my mood, outlook, and drive have returned back to normal, so that has been great. Libido has never been an issue.

Diet is 50% carbs 25% protein and 25% fat. Training, like I said I have not lost anything just struggling to make new gains, and endurance is not what it used to be when I was younger, and neither is strength, but still strong. I am 32 and in the military. Any feed back greatly appreciated.
If you want to grow you need to eat period. There is no way around that. You need a solid lifting program. Endurance just got to do that cardio and stick with it.

Overall you want to grown. Then eat those calories.

You need to do a thread in the: Nutrition / Health, Bulking, and Training Forum. Everyone there will better assist.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you have the reference ranges? It honestly just looks like you were expecting too much from trt. Trt is more for wellbeing and whatnot as opposed to gains.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you have the reference ranges? It honestly just looks like you were expecting too much from trt. Trt is more for wellbeing and whatnot as opposed to gains.
Lol, yep. I think during a cut, or over longer periods a recomp, 100mg test cyp /wk will be "helpful", but most resistant training guys wont see significant gainz at that dose.

I dont think ostarine is necessarily a good option here either, OP. You really want a longterm "solution" if your goal is dropping SHBG. Either that, or just blast other AAS every now and again.

CD1886

Awards
Thanks, and yes lowering SHBG is my primary goal here. I have no desire to take more test as my total t and free test ( according to reference ranges 8.1-21.9, mine is 42.7) are way above max levels. I’m feeling good, but just feel performance should be a little bit better with these levels. Everything else being good, I think SHBG is the missing link.

I have just started taking zinc, magnesium, vitamin D, stinging nettle root, Tongkat Ali, and Fish Oil to try and do the trick, but I don’t know if I’ll see a significant reduction long term with this. Open to feedback here.

Also I know Proviron works wonders, but it is illegal in the US so my doctor cannot prescribe it. Any thoughts on getting hands on Proviron?

Lastly what about Danazol? I heard that does a really good job in lowering SHBG, and my doc might prescribe it if I asked. My thought process behind Ostarine was I know it dramatically reduces SHBG, and I’ve used it with great success. So I figured I could do 8 week Ostarine cycles followed by 8 weeks off using the above supplements I mentioned above. Thoughts?

I apologize for being so long winded, just want to optimize my hormones as much as I can. Thanks again for all the help.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why would you need to drop your shbg when your free test is already twice as high as the upper-normal reference range

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, from memory lj100 lowers SHBG. How much, I cant remember.

Thing is, most drug options like ostarine and proviron will also have undesireable outcomes such as impacted lipids. Which doesnt really make them good adjuncts to trt.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you run Ostarine on TRT ... not to target SHBG but to lean and add some more strength?
Most definitely. It will mess with your cholesterol and may increase liver enzymes, so you would need to cycle it depending on when your doctor does your bloods.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
your AI will effectly lower the SGBH just up your anastrozol dose and it will take care of you.

special_k

Awards
I’d say your numbers are impressive and if free T is so high your body may just function that well with higher shbg (you’re still in the reference range), or that may also be a result of such elevated total T. I wouldn’t recommend upping AI, you don’t want to crash E2 for several reasons but you’re already pretty low.

What’s worked well for me is boron (I’m not joking). Lots of documentation you can find online and if you’re diligent about about your other vitamins it’s an easy addition. I use the trace minerals liquid version, 6mg/day.

I run hCG which generally raises shbg and E2, I’m at a total T of 990 but shbg is down around 12 after boron (I believe it was also high normal before adding). I’ve heard from several guys that proviron will also drop shbg but you’re now opening a new series of possible affects adding in a highly androgenic compound as such.