Trying to figure out why strength keeps going up and down

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so I have been training for a long while now. I know the importance of diet in terms of what you eat and timing of what you eat in play towards your weight training. I was put on trt at 28 now 35. I get regular tests in fact one not bout 6 weeks ago and all is still good. But for several months from one day to the next my strength is like a roller coaster. I train at same time pretty much throughout the week 5 pm. For example just few weeks ago I can do 275 lbs 6 reps with spotter touching bar and 315 1 to 2 times. The next week or 2 later, I can barley get 240 250 one or two. I know it can fluctuate but that much from a short period to short period I just don't get what's going on. I can feel pumped no joint aches and then boom tired and bones throbbing. Gets really frusturating.

Razor198042

Razor198042

Awards
It's all attitude and mindset,Schwartzenegger talks about it in his encyclopedia in reference to his friend Franco Columbu,check it out

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It sounds like fatigue isn't being managed effectively. The easiest cure for this is to get on a proven program.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ok so I have been training for a long while now. I know the importance of diet in terms of what you eat and timing of what you eat in play towards your weight training. I was put on trt at 28 now 35. I get regular tests in fact one not bout 6 weeks ago and all is still good. But for several months from one day to the next my strength is like a roller coaster. I train at same time pretty much throughout the week 5 pm. For example just few weeks ago I can do 275 lbs 6 reps with spotter touching bar and 315 1 to 2 times. The next week or 2 later, I can barley get 240 250 one or two. I know it can fluctuate but that much from a short period to short period I just don't get what's going on. I can feel pumped no joint aches and then boom tired and bones throbbing. Gets really frusturating.
With zero real context, the "why" Is anyones guess. Whats your training look like? Rest days? Etc

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The rest days vary depending on our work schedule. I work out with my two brother's and friend. We usually train Monday, Tuesday, Thur, Friday and one of the weekend days. As far as lifting goes. I do cardio just about every day. I started two months ago going to doing 2 a days. Working out with friends from work on lunch and then again in the afternoons. But this started way before. It will come and go. I can go in for example and hit 275 lbs on incline bench for 6 reps. Next week or two struggle with 250 for 1. I don't get the major variation.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It could be a ton of factors be it life stress, fatigue, mindset/motivation, and nutrition. Get a notebook and log those things and watch it for a few months...I'm guessing you will answer your own question!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
it can happen. Sometimes mentally you aren't in the game and focused in which happens to me once or twice a month. I still go to the gym but the mind muscle connection is not there and it feels like I am going through the motions.

Rest/sleep/stress also plays a part in this. In ways that I'm sure you know.
Lastly, anxiety. Are you nervous you won't do well on the set or might not hit it? Different levels of arousal can impact performance.
http://thestrengthcave.com/arousal-and-anxietys-influence-on-athletic-performance/

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks yall!! Yeah I am def needing my ore rest and I think the weight loss has effected it too. It's more the way my joints feel. I need a real good joint complex.

Holland

Holland

Awards
Try putting down the weights for a week or two and go all bodyweight exercises. You will be surprised at the results