Truth of proviron during cycle and PCT?

Rick-o

Awards
So some people say when you are off cycle no androgens, and some say 25-50 per day right through to keep the testicle fires burning.
Some people say Proviron at 12.5 to 25mg per day during PCT is a wonderful thing to get your balls working again. Whats the truth here?

I'm completing this (my first ever) cycle on just a run of 250/wk Test E and it's been amazing, PCT will simply be clomid. But already thinking ahead.

Next cycle I was going to run a small does of proviron (12.5mg per day) at the start whilst running 250 or 300wk Cyp
-Then 25mg of prov AND maybe Anavar in the last 4 weeks,
-Then when finished do with another 4 week of proviron (25) and clomid as PCT.

Questions:
1: Just wondering if there is truth to the Proviron keeping things going whilst ON cycle, and its safe to use in PCT AFTER cycle?
2: Will using anavar increase my risk for needing to run an AI? (Anastrazole 0.5mg per week) I was thinking. Id rather not need an AI.
3: Will anavar completely crush my labido even running a test base?
4: I was only going to run 10mg Anavar a day, split into 2 doses. I don't really need that much, but will it still be having an affect at that dosage?
5: Will small doses like this still massively derange my liver enzymes?
6: Goal, don't want to get bigger, (98kg atm) just want to feel great, strip the fat, look great naked and be strong and fit. Not looking to get "huge."

Looking forward to next cycle actually.
Rick-o

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Maybe run the proviron with your test and an additional 2-3 weeks after your last shot of test. Then hit the clomid.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

I don't think Proviron would do anything in regards of maintaing testicular function on cycle. Actually the opposite, although the effect will be meaningless, since you're taking other more suppressive stuff already.

Generally I think adding any androgens to PCT is counter productive, despite Proviron being hardly suppressive with low dose. Only benefit to increasing T production I could see Proviron having on paper, is it's AI property. But it's DHT, so I'd think the overall effect to rather be lowering T production, than increasing it.

I don't think Anavar would increase your need for an AI. If it lowers your shbg a lot, then yeah it will unbound some estro, but then it would also increase free T and level out the effect on T to E ratio. I've not heard anyone talking about Var effecting their need for an AI though.

Why would Var crush your libido? I have not heard of an effect like that with it. Not saying it's not possible, but it's not known to do that, to my knowledge.

The effect on liver and on the organs is a bit individual. But with 4 weeks of a low dose I wouldn't worry about it, if you're generally in good health. If your liver entzymes do rise while on orals, they should come back down after cessation of the drugs.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1, no
2, no, the opposite
3, no
4, pointless, too low of a dose
5, no
6, don’t worry, you’ll never be “huge”