True Mass by BSN vs. Optimum Gold Standard Whey Protein

S

Sonic2

Awards
what gives better results for lean mass gain?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You're looking at two different products, an unfair comparison.

True Mass is Protein and Carbs (about 500 calories/shake)

ON's Gold Standard is just Protein (about 100 calories/shake)

Protein is essential for muscle growth and recovery. Additional calories are required for additional weight gain, lean or otherwise.

P

pfafkl13

Awards
You're looking at two different products, an unfair comparison.

True Mass is Protein and Carbs (about 500 calories/shake)

ON's Gold Standard is just Protein (about 100 calories/shake)

Protein is essential for muscle growth and recovery. Additional calories are required for additional weight gain, lean or otherwise.
Great answer.

To gain mass you need excess calories so maybe the weight gainer would be a better option. But if you're getting too many calories over maintenance then you're going to gain fat. One option might be to gain as much weight as you can and just run a cut later...

S

Sonic2

Awards
well yeah im 18 and 6'1" and only 152 pounds, im eating six meals per day.but i just want to know which is better for my situation. is the protein content about the same?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
well I believe there's ~50g of protein in one serving (3 scoops) of True Mass and 24g of protein per serving in ON's whey. If you're not able to gain any weight eating your 6 meals a day, maybe you should include True Mass immediately after your workouts for some quick calories.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
the question has already been answered above. you need to go with the mass gaining shake (True Mass). the protein content PER SERVING between the two are different, you can compare the two by looking at the nutritional breakdown labels on the tubs, and most of the time posted online.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
the question has already been answered above. you need to go with the mass gaining shake (True Mass). the protein content PER SERVING between the two are different, you can compare the two by looking at the nutritional breakdown labels on the tubs, and most of the time posted online.
I wouldn't say need. Gaining weight for him could be as simple as adding ~100 calories to each of those 6 meals. Something as simple as using milk instead of water with each meal would be a quick way to increase caloric intake.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't say need. Gaining weight for him could be as simple as adding ~100 calories to each of those 6 meals. Something as simple as using milk instead of water with each meal would be a quick way to increase caloric intake.
oh i completely agree with you, he definitely doesnt NEED the True Mass. ill be the first one to agree that a solid quantity of calorie rich whole foods is the best way to gain mass, i live by that rule. i dont think ive ever used a "mass gainer" shake. i was simply answering his question based on the 2 selections he was asking about.

S

Sonic2

Awards
im just wanting to gain some weight and along with food i need an extra supplement apparently, with my speeding metabolism! its ridiculous. i have read good reviews on True Mass, and if its going to assist in weight gain, then i want it...

B

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
alot of weight gainers are a bit much and a lil too less in the servings..like for example gnc gold 2200...

you will never need 2200 calories in one meal nor 100g of protien. what i would do is break the weight gainer serving into 2.. so a 800 cal 80carb 70 g protien thats two meals.

Drink 2 servings a day which is 4 meals. and eat 4 meals which shouldnt be hard.. u should be set.