Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
27 Y/O
6'2
200lbs
8-10% bf

I have been lifting for 8 years, consistently meaning I have always got in atleast 4 sessions (usually 5-6) a week and never have missed more than 5 days in a row in the gym.

I eat Whole Foods, 6-8 meals a day and hardly ever touch frozen or processed foods.

In my profession I change my shifts every 28 days, meaning 28 days I work days then the next 28 days I work nights and so on.

I have every symptom of LOW T, and my bloodwork came back which shows everything in the "normal range".

Total test : 541
Free test : 89

With everything I stated above I believe I SHOULD be a candidate for treatment however the facility only looks at the numbers and doesn't base treatment on any background or symptoms.

My question is what are your thoughts? Should I get treatment? Should I not get treatment?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Based on the above you are not a candidate for TRT.
What makes you think you are? What symptoms?
If those numbers are based on a low end of 390-960 Total Test, then you are fine.

A few suggestions:

1. Eliminate Sugar from Diet
2. More Zinc
3. Vitamin D
4. Better sleep
5. Reduce Stress

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Based on the above you are not a candidate for TRT.
What makes you think you are? What symptoms?
If those numbers are based on a low end of 390-960 Total Test, then you are fine.

A few suggestions:

1. Eliminate Sugar from Diet
2. More Zinc
3. Vitamin D
4. Better sleep
5. Reduce Stress

Every symptom of Low T that exists, I have. (Poor sleep, feeling of wellbeing sucks, tired all the time, no libido). But I'm
Not depressed, I don't get sad like that.

I get atleast 8 hours of sleep every night, with the profession I have stress is impossible to control because I don't know what that shift will bring. I consume less than 50 grams of sugar a day. Vit D levels are great and I supplement it on top of that.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sometimes those symptoms are just that, real symptoms of depression and have nothing to do with your Testosterone.
What are the rest of your bloods looking like? Estradiol? etc.?

Test / Free Test is no single indicator of anything but at 541 looks pretty good.
If a doctor thinks you could feel better at 700-900 there is a sponsor on the board for TRT.

By the way: Love your Avatar. Great movie, and I think they are coming out with another Super Troopers.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes those symptoms are just that, real symptoms of depression and have nothing to do with your Testosterone.

Test / Free Test is no single indicator of anything but at 541 looks pretty good.
If a doctor thinks you could feel better at 700-900 there is a sponsor on the board for TRT.

By the way: Love your Avatar. Great movie, and I think they are coming out with another Super Troopers.

I believe I am in contact with the board sponsor (entourage)?

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You need more bloodwork. Estradiol and prolactin are two big things that could mimic low test. Just try and get as much bloodwork as possible imo. Also, whats the ref range for free test on your labwork?

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Unfortunately they stated I would not be eligible because my test is above 500 ��..... I will get my E2 and Prolactin checked as well.

T3x

T3x

Awards
  • Established
When you say shift change days to nights. What are the hours for the different shifts?

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Get more bloodwork as I already said. What was the reference range for your free test?

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you say shift change days to nights. What are the hours for the different shifts?
6am-4pm for 28 days then 9pm-7am for 28 days... reference range is 35-155 ph/ml.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hmm, I’d get stuff like prolactin and estradiol checked as well. Honestly your best bet is to get everything checked.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You need a vacation in Hawaii or somewhere relaxing with your wife.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm, I’d get stuff like prolactin and estradiol checked as well. Honestly your best bet is to get everything checked.
I am trying to convince the doctors to give me a shot at T replacement, to see if elevated levels will make me feel better. And yes I will get those bloods done too.

And haha justthere4comm you are very right!!! As long as they have a gym where we are going!

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
At your age and Test level, I wouldn't dream of TRT.

TRT is for life, and your natty test will be shut down even more.
Get complete panels done and re-assess...

T3x

T3x

Awards
  • Established
Well. It is possibly related to your job. Shift changes like that can have this kind of effect. Even with 8 hours of sleep.

Night shift alone is hard on you neurologically, but monthly changes to a wake-sleep cycle must be very rough.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Can you explain further on why you wouldn't?

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well. It is possibly related to your job. Shift changes like that can have this kind of effect. Even with 8 hours of sleep.

Night shift alone is hard on you neurologically, but monthly changes to a wake-sleep cycle must be very rough.

Extreamly rough, I tried the c-pap that made things worse, now I just have my room blacked out and use nasal strips to keep my nasalways open.

T3x

T3x

Awards
  • Established
Extreamly rough, I tried the c-pap that made things worse, now I just have my room blacked out and use nasal strips to keep my nasalways open.
Any sleep meds? Even without that it has to reduce n3/n4 sleep.... i would also talk about an am/pm cortisol test.

Evem with 8 hours total, how fragmented is your sleep?

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No sleep meds, my sleep usually just consist of tossing and turning. I wake up several times to pee and because I feel too damn hot or due to the smallest amount light in the room.

T3x

T3x

Awards
  • Established
No sleep meds, my sleep usually just consist of tossing and turning. I wake up several times to pee and because I feel too damn hot or due to the smallest amount light in the room.
Then I really do lean towards sleep issues for what you are experiencing. I remember similar cases from neuro undergrad. Talk to your doctor, perhaps someone specializing in wake-sleep disorders.

Freddy55

Freddy55

Awards
I have to agree with the crowd here... I’m on trt and my enhanced TT is only 80 points higher than your natural levels, and I feel great. I suspect something else is going on... I don’t know the ref range or method used to get your free T, but that number means more that TT. SHBG levels, prolactin, E2... I’d get more tests. Good luck and keep us updated.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: I was informed the doc might start me out with just HCG to see if that makes me feel better?

I don't know everything there is to know about HCG.....

What do you guys think about taking HCG solo

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T3x

T3x

Awards
  • Established
It is a novel idea. But, I would seriously rule out a shift work sleep disorder. The doctor you should see would be a neurologist specializing in sleep disorders.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’d get more bloodwork before taking anything. Your estrogen or prolactin could just be high. Idk why he’d put you on hcg without doing more bloodwork tbh.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's the workout and diet look like.
Are you putting weight on a bar and deadlifting that thing untill you shake.
Then go eat a rib eye and veggies
Then a back rub and a blow job.

Most people I know who have crazy hours eat jack in the box and 7 11 nachos.

sarge40

Awards
As @Chkone alluded to, are you incorporating heavy compound movements into your routine? I can attest to how much that can make a difference, as it was what I did when I started looking into my low T. Serum levels went up almost 100 points, but it wasn't enough to change my low T symptoms. My SHBG was off the charts, hence a very low free testosterone level, and my total was still clinically low.

I didn't just jump into TRT. I tried a lot of natural methods first, and did a lot of research, knowing it's a lifelong commitment. If I didn't have to do it, I wouldn't. Over a hundred shots a year isn't the end of the world, but it does wind up being a bit of an inconvenience.

Clean up your diet, heavy compound lifts, and some of the supplementation that others suggested may be a better course of action. If that fails, a competent doc who treats symptoms versus numbers should be sought. Good luck!

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
With the exception of the minor inconvenience of pinning twice a week, watching your hemoglobin, and potentially infertility (which can be fixed with hcg) I don’t understand why it’s usually not recommended to the younger crowd 25-35. Low t symptoms are worse than the inconvenience of trt I would think right?

sarge40

Awards
Low T symptoms are absolutely worse than the minor inconvenience of pinning. I'd still recommend ruling out causes of the low T and/or low T symptoms to determine if healthy levels can be restored naturally. Trust me, if I could be free of a lifelong commitment by making some lifestyle changes, I'd opt for the lifestyle changes. Since that wasn't a viable option for me, TRT has essentially restored so much of my life and I don't regret a thing. It is so worth it for those of us who need it.

HAMinTheTrap

Awards

this...

HCG might increase your estrogen, which if thats the problem as many have mentioned before, would make things even worse.

it really doesnt sound like thats the problem man...
maybe something else is out of order... dopamine or whatever else... do you use recreational drugs? what?

i think its best if you had a doctor do a full check up then self medicating like this on an instinct or going by what people in a forum are saying...
many guys over here are great and have knowledge but professional medical assistance would be the most suitable for your case imo

trt is a serious decision, you shouldnt go on/off lightly... what if its not the problem? you messed with your hpta for nothing and could possibly have created an actual low t scenario on your own

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this...

HCG might increase your estrogen, which if thats the problem as many have mentioned before, would make things even worse.

it really doesnt sound like thats the problem man...
maybe something else is out of order... dopamine or whatever else... do you use recreational drugs? what?

i think its best if you had a doctor do a full check up then self medicating like this on an instinct or going by what people in a forum are saying...
many guys over here are great and have knowledge but professional medical assistance would be the most suitable for your case imo

trt is a serious decision, you shouldnt go on/off lightly... what if its not the problem? you messed with your hpta for nothing and could possibly have created an actual low t scenario on your own

I workout 5-6 days week, I have been for 7 years straight and not missing more than 4 days in a row in the gym since then.... since I started I gained 60 lbs of mass and stay around 200-205... I'm 6'2 and my bf is around 8-10%

My diet is clean, Whole Foods, no fast food, no caffiene besides PWO, very low sugar... eat 6-8 meals a day...

I get atleast 8 hours of sleep a night and I don't drink, smoke or take any drugs....

However with my job I work rotating shifts, so I switch from days to nights every 28 days....

I believe my shift change has taken a huge toll on my body, these low T symptoms are awful and if pinning test weekly is what I have to do to feel normal again then so be it. I am willing todo whatever I need to do within reason to feel normal and healthy again.

If I got on TRT it would be with an AI and HCG.

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
I workout 5-6 days week, I have been for 7 years straight and not missing more than 4 days in a row in the gym since then.... since I started I gained 60 lbs of mass and stay around 200-205... I'm 6'2 and my bf is around 8-10%

My diet is clean, Whole Foods, no fast food, no caffiene besides PWO, very low sugar... eat 6-8 meals a day...

I get atleast 8 hours of sleep a night and I don't drink, smoke or take any drugs....

However with my job I work rotating shifts, so I switch from days to nights every 28 days....

I believe my shift change has taken a huge toll on my body, these low T symptoms are awful and if pinning test weekly is what I have to do to feel normal again then so be it. I am willing todo whatever I need to do within reason to feel normal and healthy again.

If I got on TRT it would be with an AI and HCG.
you seem to be in pretty good condition judging by the stats you posted.... if you actually had low t (which you dont, 540 is within normal) you would probably not even be able to maintain that.

An AI isnt a free lunch and it comes with a series of possible negative side effects with prolongued use and it would be best not to be on it indefinitely as you would with test(trt)... but then again, if you are using exogenous test for actual trt levels you shouldnt need that anyway...

also, hcg, for me is something to be used once you stop with exogenous... but some people will disagree.

good luck man, i hope you can get this sorted out