TRT- Too Many Choices.. Pellets, Gels, & Injections....

Davidelsons

Awards
Hello All,

age 44. Low Normal T. Lifting weights for one year. Made great Newbie gains. Had a genetic test, said i have two strength genes...which is good to have..

Been battling symptoms of low T for years....just not knowing why.. This past year, more Exhaustion and periodic fatigue... Finally told my Dr for T level test.. and was basically brushed aside as being "Low Normal" and no need for TRT> I then went to my urologist after the May test..

T Test Results:
Jan 16' 356
May 287
Sept 240
_______
Oct 180 Test done 14 days after LGD cycle, and. 90 days from last Testapel Injection. Expected to be Tanked out...

Goals: to have a Male Figure Physique. Stay healthy and active..

I"ve used: Androgel for 2 weeks. Felt great! set new personal bests in all lifts by 2nd week.... Stopped due to health risk to young daughters in home. Wife insisted, who is a PA.

Testapel- 6 pellets. Quite painful procedure.. Sore for 8 days. could finally train legs on 8th day. Felt fine, not as much as Gel though..
(New York State prohibits more than 6 pellets. Used to be 12. Insurance controlling medicine.) NOT doing that procedure again...

Injections:
Next week, I Will begin Cypionate 1x per 14 days at .5ml. Starting dose. Dr. will increase in 30 days. From my research, this is the preferred method for men who lift weights, work out, ect... Getting 2x per 7/10 days seems to be what most men recommend,...

Aveed- Long lasting injection, once every 10 weeks.. Also available.

I guess i'll see how it feels getting poked.. 1 every two weeks is not bad, but I would think its better to split dose, to 1x or even 2x... but thats more Pokes...

My choice as of now, (no exp using injections yet), would be gel. Another member posted a link to research that shows a daily dose has many benefits.. and those most mimicking daily test of an 18 year old...

Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise, as being able to get Pharma Grade Test Injections??

Would like your opinions and experience.

Thanks!

texdano

Awards
I take shots, one shot once every 2 weeks! No big deal easy to do

C20h24o3

Awards

Well I've only done injections, I went from a mid 200s test levels, I shoot 100mg test E every 4 days, I have no interest in trying other trt methods you get used to the pins within a couple weeks, I actually look forward to them in a weird way now, but my quality of life improvement has been crazy, I am making gains at the gym again after spinning my wheels forever, I moved past just test and have been blasting and cruising some other stuff but just the trt alone would have you have no problems getting to the physique you want provided you put in the diet and exercise work you need to. On just trt I was able to get to 12%bf at 6'1 at 230, I'm not looking to do physique or bodybuilding so that's as lean as I'm interested I'm going, I do powerlifting and just started strongman work. Not sure if anything I said will help you out but I guess if I could give a few tips,

Dose more than once a week if you can, stable levels mean stable mood and well being

Take care of your joints, muscles grow faster than ligaments and tendons, this was an issue with me I'm still dealing with, on trt alone I want from a 350 bench to 455 over about 8 months, my elbows were not ready, had to back back down on the bench, dealing with pops and clicks in my knees from squats going up so fast.

Invest in some arimidex or aromisin if your doc doesn't give it, you may not need it but you can have your estro tested cheap if he doesn't do it, if estro is out of whack you will feel as bad or worse than you did on low t

Last edited:
AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Cypionate should be administered at least once a week to maintain steady levels, some people even use it twice a week. For your benefit, tell the doctor you want to pin e7d. E14d is ridiculous, and I can guarantee that after 7-10 days you’ll start to feel the effects wear off. As far as your concerns for having to pin more frequently, don’t even worry; pinning is of very minimal pain, especially with a 23-25 gauge needle.

Davidelsons

Awards
Well I've only done injections, I went from a mid 200s test levels, I shoot 100mg test E every 4 days, I have no interest in trying other trt methods you get used to the pins within a couple weeks, I actually look forward to them in a weird way now, but my quality of life improvement has been crazy, I am making gains at the gym again after spinning my wheels forever, I moved past just test and have been blasting and cruising some other stuff but just the trt alone would have you have no problems getting to the physique you want provided you put in the diet and exercise work you need to. On just trt I was able to get to 12%bf at 6'1 at 230, I'm not looking to do physique or bodybuilding so that's as lean as I'm interested I'm going, I do powerlifting and just started strongman work. Not sure if anything I said will help you out but I guess if I could give a few tips,

Dose more than once a week if you can, stable levels mean stable mood and well being

Take care of your joints, muscles grow faster than ligaments and tendons, this was an issue with me I'm still dealing with, on trt alone I want from a 350 bench to 455 over about 8 months, my elbows were not ready, had to back back down on the bench, dealing with pops and clicks in my knees from squats going up so fast.

Invest in some arimidex or aromisin if your doc doesn't give it, you may not need it but you can have your estro tested cheap if he doesn't do it, if estro is out of whack you will feel as bad or worse than you did on low t
Really Appreciate the info! Yeah, I am concerned with the Estrogen.. Dr said you will have more sides when doing straight Test......so I'll demand a Estrodial test..

And to Clarify goals, I dont want to be "shredded" or "Ripped". thinking 12-16% bodyfat range...

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Hey bud, Ive tried a lot of things. Pellets were ok but then insurance stopped covering, had get but it got sticky at work and smelled, shots were great till the Dr realized he over perscribed, now on T-gel. My levels were a 131 before gel now around 340 and I feel ok but, Im going to try HCG to see if I can trick myself into producing again. I was on pain meds for over 10 years and think thats the main reason for my low T. If you can do shots every 7 days you will be good to go!

C20h24o3

Awards
Hey bud, Ive tried a lot of things. Pellets were ok but then insurance stopped covering, had get but it got sticky at work and smelled, shots were great till the Dr realized he over perscribed, now on T-gel. My levels were a 131 before gel now around 340 and I feel ok but, Im going to try HCG to see if I can trick myself into producing again. I was on pain meds for over 10 years and think thats the main reason for my low T. If you can do shots every 7 days you will be good to go!
Pain meds are what got me too, wast abusing them, ****ed my back up bad, starting trt and getting back into lifting are the only reason I got off them and didn't end up having surgery

Davidelsons

Awards
Thanks Bro..
I'm curious I thought being on trt our body natural testosterone production stops completely or almost stops..

but you're saying with HCG you're hoping that your body will produce more Test along with the artificial Test receiving from trt?..

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. I got hurt in Iraq and was put on Oxy for over 12 years. I got off and went on Subs but then screwed my back up and went back on. I was addicted not so much an abuser if that makes sense. From what I ubderstand, the opiates shut down you production. Now that my body is free of all opiates I just want to see if HCG will kick start my system back up. If not then oh well, if so, then fantastic!

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
340ng/dl of total testosterone?

BigVis

Awards
You need stable blood levels, once per 2 weeks is not ideal. Try to go for atleast once a week or it will just be a complete rollercoaster for you.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I take shots, one shot once every 2 weeks! No big deal easy to do
Injectable is best but 1x every 2 weeks is a terrible Protocol, very outdated. 1x a week or even 2x per is better. Much more stable levels and less sides

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And I just realized 20 ppl already said that, my bad lol

Davidelsons

Awards
Appreciate all the feedback and advice fellas..

I'm starting out .5 ml per week starting tomorrow... as my dosage increases probably up to x per week eventually

Davidelsons

Awards
1st Dose tonight. Used a 25g needle. WOW! Couldn't even feel it. Felt like slight little itch. Easy. Def could do 2x a week. Prescription came with 22 but went and got 25's.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Go with 1x per week for a few weeks, if you start feeling like your having ups and downs then you can worry about smaller more frequent doses

Davidelsons

Awards
Cypionate should be administered at least once a week to maintain steady levels, some people even use it twice a week. For your benefit, tell the doctor you want to pin e7d. E14d is ridiculous, and I can guarantee that after 7-10 days you’ll start to feel the effects wear off. As far as your concerns for having to pin more frequently, don’t even worry; pinning is of very minimal pain, especially with a 23-25 gauge needle.
Absolutely right. used a 25g and SHOCKED that I couldn't even feel it. Now my wife who is PA did it so she's a professional...

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1st Dose tonight. Used a 25g needle. WOW! Couldn't even feel it. Felt like slight little itch. Easy. Def could do 2x a week. Prescription came with 22 but went and got 25's.
My place gives 22g as well but I tell them to swap for a 25. 22g is just unnecessary im regards to scar tissue imo. You can run the syringe under hot water to make it push through easier btw.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
What was your injection dose? I’d find myself a new doctor.

Davidelsons

Awards
Well it's only been a few days after my first injection...

Immediate benefits: improved mood!!
my irritability and grouchiness is gone....

Overall sense of well-being.....

My next blood test is November 20th.
I'm wondering if I should skip a dose on purpose so my levels will be low and then Dr will increase dose to 1 ml for 7 days..

Any thoughts??

Last edited:
Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Well it's only been a few days after my first injection...

Immediate benefits: improved mood!!
my irritability and grouchiness is gone....

Overall sense of well-being.....

My next blood test is November 20th.
I'm wondering if I should skip a dose on purpose so my levels will be low and then Dr will increase dose to 1 ml for 7 days..

Any thoughts??
that is actually a common tactic. I’d say go for it if insurance covers it or you don’t mind paying for more dose, heck I’d love to have double my dose on hand!

Davidelsons

Awards
that is actually a common tactic. I’d say go for it if insurance covers it or you don’t mind paying for more dose, heck I’d love to have double my dose on hand!
Yes covered by insurance ..I had a $35 copay because I actually got the Pfizer testosterone not generic....

I have a 10 mL bottle ..so even if I went to a higher dose on my own I'll just tell the doctor I felt better because of .5 ml was not enough they're not going to freak out..

Maybe 1ml per 7 days......