TRT testing questions and advice....

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I’ve been on DIY TD test for a couple of years at 100mg a day and I am changing Dr’s now because my old Doc moved out of state. My new Dr is someone I know and she is going to put me on real TRT. She said for me to get off my test for a couple of months before I get bloods ran. Well obviously I’m worried about going two months without test and all the negatives that come with that. So my question is can I go less than 2 months not on test? Was thinking because it’s a TD it would get out of my system quicker than something with a ester attached to it. I’m also worried about estrogen and cortisol. Can I try to control them after I get off the TD Test without it messing with my bloods? I also take NAC, 250mg of tudca, black cumin seed, Natto, 1ml of Helios and 2ml of Ursa Major ED. Can I continue to take these supplements? I do take 4 to 6g of Kratom pretty much every day. Thoughts? I’ll answer and other questions you all might have. Thanks.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sounds like she wants to see your natural levels bro.

if you want a genuine view on what they are I’d run clomid for 4 weeks and nothing for 4 weeks (to clear the clomid). It’s not about clearing the td test, she’s wanting to give the appropriate time for your own levels to get to homeostasis imo

are you saying your running Helios (clen and yohimbime) daily?

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

if you want a genuine view on what they are I’d run clomid for 4 weeks and nothing for 4 weeks (to clear the clomid). It’s not about clearing the td test, she’s wanting to give the appropriate time for your own levels to get to homeostasis imo

Helios is Apex-Alchemy’s topical turmeric curcumin.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

^^^^ This is exactly what she’s doing. She wants to see what your natural levels are. I went through this 8 years ago after my dr put me on Androgel. Months later I ended up going to a urologist to get injectable test and he made me stop the Androgel for two months. You will feel shitty but it’s worth it in the long run.

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^^^^ This is exactly what she’s doing. She wants to see what your natural levels are. I went through this 8 years ago after my dr put me on Androgel. Months later I ended up going to a urologist to get injectable test and he made me stop the Androgel for two months. You will feel shitty but it’s worth it in the long run.
I understand what she is doing. My question was asking if I could cut that 2 months off down some and do I need to take something for estrogen and cortisol rebound?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I understand what she is doing. My question was asking if I could cut that 2 months off down some and do I need to take something for estrogen and cortisol rebound?
you can’t really cut the time down bro, it’s kinda the point. You need to be off everything for that long (longer tbh) to get a real reflection of your levels. At 2 months it sounds like she’s doing you a favour to give you the best chance of getting on trt (can take 6 months easy to recover a true baseline)

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
you can’t really cut the time down bro, it’s kinda the point. You need to be off everything for that long (longer tbh) to get a real reflection of your levels. At 2 months it sounds like she’s doing you a favour to give you the best chance of getting on trt (can take 6 months easy to recover a true baseline)
Gotcha.... that definitely clears my question up. So run Clomid and MTest for a month and then a month off? I’ve ran several cycles and obviously done proper PCT many of times but my new Dr didn’t mention any of this. She said just take 2 months off. Deal is my wife is a nurse and the Covid coordinator at a major hospital and my new Dr is her BFF. The info I got about taking 2 months off was my Dr telling my wife to tell me what to do. So I haven’t actually had a conversation with her yet. Thanks for the help.

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ll probably also grab a couple of bottles of BMP to help minimize my muscle loss.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Gotcha.... that definitely clears my question up. So run Clomid and MTest for a month and then a month off? I’ve ran several cycles and obviously done proper PCT many of times but my new Dr didn’t mention any of this. She said just take 2 months off. Deal is my wife is a nurse and the Covid coordinator at a major hospital and my new Dr is her BFF. The info I got about taking 2 months off was my Dr telling my wife to tell me what to do. So I haven’t actually had a conversation with her yet. Thanks for the help.
that’s what I would do bro. A month on clomid will at least give you a kickstart and you might be somewhere near your natural level at 2 months.
She might test and you’ve got mid range test anyway in which case would you even want trt?

personally I’d want to know where I naturally am at so I could make an informed choice.

but yeah the time off is gonna probably suck a bit

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
that’s what I would do bro. A month on clomid will at least give you a kickstart and you might be somewhere near your natural level at 2 months.
She might test and you’ve got mid range test anyway in which case would you even want trt?

personally I’d want to know where I naturally am at so I could make an informed choice.

but yeah the time off is gonna probably suck a bit
Deal is I was tested 2 years ago and was around 230ish but my endo for some reason told me that was ok. I felt like **** all the time and I told him that. He said it’s probably not low T. I said... “it says here on the paperwork you gave me that baseline starts at 300”. He’s like yeah but you are close enough. I said...”so I’m just going to feel like **** all the time when I have low T going by the baseline you gave me and we are not going to do anything about it?” I told him up front that I had taken steroids in the past and I probably hurt myself. His answer to my question about me feeling like **** and not doing anything about it was.....”I guess you shouldn’t have used steroids” and I said “so you don’t treat diabetics who are fat then?” He just looked at me and I walked out. Started DIY TD test a few days later and in a couple of months I was like a new person and my T was probably only in the 400 range using 100mg a day. I’m confident my test will be lower than 250 since i have been shutdown for 2 years now.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Deal is I was tested 2 years ago and was around 230ish but my endo for some reason told me that was ok. I felt like **** all the time and I told him that. He said it’s probably not low T. I said... “it says here on the paperwork you gave me that baseline starts at 300”. He’s like yeah but you are close enough. I said...”so I’m just going to feel like **** all the time when I have low T going by the baseline you gave me and we are not going to do anything about it?” I told him up front that I had taken steroids in the past and I probably hurt myself. His answer to my question about me feeling like **** and not doing anything about it was.....”I guess you shouldn’t have used steroids” and I said “so you don’t treat diabetics who are fat then?” He just looked at me and I walked out. Started DIY TD test a few days later and in a couple of months I was like a new person and my T was probably only in the 400 range using 100mg a day. I’m confident my test will be lower than 250 since i have been shutdown for 2 years now.
ah fair enough. Yeah defo likely to be low then but at least now you can get on a script bro. Only long term way to do it properly