TRT surpress natural testosterone after a week

Dugthefug

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I got offered trt after a couple of test results came back on the low side ,so I nievely decided to go ahead with it ,I was ment to inject testosterone cypionate 0.17ml and HCG 0.7ml into my belly fat 3 times a week ,so I basically took it on Thursday and Saturday then had a bit of a moment and reality hit home and I realized this wasn't for me so I stopped ,even tho I only took it twice and stopped early ,will it still surpress my natural testosterone production? If so how long till it kick starts again?

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
It will probably suppress your endogenous production. Better start a pct protocol one week after your last injection, since your using cyp. Something like nolva 20/20/10/10 (4 weeks, 20mg every day for the first, etc).
Now, since you're on the low range and got prescribed trt, and Access to pharma grade test and ancillaries, why would you want to stop it though?

Dugthefug

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It will probably suppress your endogenous production. Better start a pct protocol one week after your last injection, since your using cyp. Something like nolva 20/20/10/10 (4 weeks, 20mg every day for the first, etc).
Now, since you're on the low range and got prescribed trt, and Access to pharma grade test and ancillaries, why would you want to stop it though?
I had other tests inbetween the lower tests come back normal ,so I just got sucked into the idea of a constant flow of high normal testosterone ,in reality my testosterone was fine ,just fluctuated up an down for probably natural reasons

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
I had other tests inbetween the lower tests come back normal ,so I just got sucked into the idea of a constant flow of high normal testosterone ,in reality my testosterone was fine ,just fluctuated up an down for probably natural reasons
Oh I see now. Do the pct and you should be good to go. Some say add clomid etc, but in all my pcts I run nolva solo and everything works like a charm. Too much psychological side effects on clomid for me

Dugthefug

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Oh I see now. Do the pct and you should be good to go. Some say add clomid etc, but in all my pcts I run nolva solo and everything works like a charm. Too much psychological side effects on clomid for me
Thanks mate

Dugthefug

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What was your testosterone results?
What was your testosterone results?
Bearing in mind I have took 4 tests since January ,first one was 9.57 (I was on Prozac for over 7 years ,soon as I got the results I came straight off them as I read theres a link between antidepressants an low testosterone) a month later i get another one done it comes back at 18.98 ,then took another a week later just to get a better indication were it was and that came back at 18.02 ,7 weeks down the line and my last test was 12.03

Project223

Project223

Awards
  • First Up Vote
A week of trt isn’t going to shut you down but it could suppress you for a while. Cypionate will take several weeks to months to fully clear your system and during that time your natural testosterone won’t be produced at peak levels.

You should be fine stopping cold turkey and probably wouldn’t notice any negative impact on your well being. Take a pct if you want to be overly cautious. Personally, I’d just keep using your hcg for a month to keep your balls going in high gear and call it a day.

I was on trt for 4 years before I had to stop cold turkey for a prostate concern. Three months in I got my wife knocked up while on birth control. Not that my case is the norm but two pins at that dose shouldn’t be anything to worry about.

Last edited:

Dugthefug

Awards
  • First Up Vote
A week of trt isn’t going to shut you down but it could suppress you for a while. Cypionate will take several weeks to months to fully clear your system and during that time your exogenous testosterone won’t be produced at peak levels.

You should be fine stopping cold turkey and probably wouldn’t notice any negative impact on your well being. Take a pct if you want to be overly cautious. Personally, I’d just keep using your hcg for a month to keep your balls going in high gear and call it a day.

I was on trt for 4 years before I had to stop cold turkey for a prostate concern. Three months in I got my wife knocked up while on birth control. Not that my case is the norm but two pins at that dose shouldn’t be anything to worry about.
Thanks mate ,much appreciated

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
get some m-test and high eurycomanone % tongkat. That will get your test levels back to normal n make u hornier than 3 balled billy goat

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Wait, you took only 2 shots a few days apart and then nothing else? If that's correct your fine, you don't need a pct. It takes a little while before your body stops producing its own hormones and could be months before you get shutdown. 2 shots extremely low doses of test ain't doing nothing and the fact that you took hcg with it signals your balls to produce anyway. Your fine

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
A week of trt isn’t going to shut you down but it could suppress you for a while. Cypionate will take several weeks to months to fully clear your system and during that time your exogenous testosterone won’t be produced at peak levels.

2 shots of cyp at the dose he took will be long gone in 2 weeks or so

Dugthefug

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Wait, you took only 2 shots a few days apart and then nothing else? If that's correct your fine, you don't need a pct. It takes a little while before your body stops producing its own hormones and could be months before you get shutdown. 2 shots extremely low doses of test ain't doing nothing and the fact that you took hcg with it signals your balls to produce anyway. Your fine
Thanks pal

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Care to elaborate? Seriously I'm relatively new to cycling, so I'd like to learn more
He injected like 34mg of test twice. It's not enough to signal your body to say "we got too much testosterone we need to stop making our own" honestly if I shot 500mg in a week and decided to not continue I would still not be concerned with running a pct. You would probably suppress your testosterone more from one night of heavy drinking " which can lower your test for a couple of days believe it or not".

Naturally Your testosterone levels are different all the time, what you eat and drink, time of day, how much sleep you got last night the list goes on, but there's so many things that cause dips in test and your body will make more.
Another thing to add is that pct drugs can be harder on your body then the steroids your taking. You don't want to start taking hcg and nolva if you don't need to.

That's the best I can explain with out a bunch of medical mumbo jumbo that no1 fully seems to understand half the time anyway.

Long story short. He's fine

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What I want to know is what the hell kind of trt protocol prescribes microdosing test and hcg like that. I would have looked my doc in the face and asked him if he's stupid

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
He injected like 34mg of test twice. It's not enough to signal your body to say "we got too much testosterone we need to stop making our own" honestly if I shot 500mg in a week and decided to not continue I would still not be concerned with running a pct. You would probably suppress your testosterone more from one night of heavy drinking " which can lower your test for a couple of days believe it or not".

Naturally Your testosterone levels are different all the time, what you eat and drink, time of day, how much sleep you got last night the list goes on, but there's so many things that cause dips in test and your body will make more.
Another thing to add is that pct drugs can be harder on your body then the steroids your taking. You don't want to start taking hcg and nolva if you don't need to.

That's the best I can explain with out a bunch of medical mumbo jumbo that no1 fully seems to understand half the time anyway.

Long story short. He's fine
Ohh I see! Thanks a lot man! Yeah I just thought that the reverse feedback loop of the hpta with the introduction 9f exogenous test, no matter the dose would result in a shutdown or at least heavy suppression regardless of dosing. I didn't thought it out right. And yeah, you're right about the ancillaries being just as harsh, if not more on your system than the actual steroids. Again thanks a lot!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What I want to know is what the hell kind of trt protocol prescribes microdosing test and hcg like that. I would have looked my doc in the face and asked him if he's stupid
hes using it sub-q and as a total weekly dose of 100 mgs TRT + the HCG I could see this being a conservative starting dose. kind like the Dr is playing the "try it and see" approach.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
hes using it sub-q and as a total weekly dose of 100 mgs TRT + the HCG I could see this being a conservative starting dose. kind like the Dr is playing the "try it and see" approach.
Did I math wrong lol.

To me it looks like 68mg per week.

Cyp is 200mg/ml, 0.17 would be 34mg, x 2 injections

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did I math wrong lol.

To me it looks like 68mg per week.

Cyp is 200mg/ml, 0.17 would be 34mg, x 2 injections
He said 3 times per week.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
"This study was designed to investigate the effect of pharmacologic doses of testosterone on serum FSH and LH levels in normal males. Testosterone proprionate, 100mgm, was administered intramuscularly daily for four days to four normal males. Serum samples for FSH and LH were collected from each subject daily before, during and for four days following the injections of testosterone. As anticipated, serum LH levels promptly suppressed to undetectable levels. Serum FSH levels suppressed significantly to 60–70% of baseline values in all four subjects. These results suggest that testosterone may have some part in the control of serum FSH as well as LH levels in normal males."

shutdown of both pituitary and testicular routes appear much quicker than many speculate but since you injected HCG - testicular shutdown will be minimal. Pituitary is usually quick to come back where testicular production take a while and need few weeks of LH pulses to get going. Testicular health/production rates is dependent on multiple factors (health, antioxidant level (vitA, K2, E, D, magnesium, cholesterol), also outside of underlying condition. production of test+ other hormones like pregnenolone to normal level can be achieved even if history of low levels when then causative factors are solved.

Most likely you will be fine within 2-3 weeks. I stand by my recommendation of trying good quality Tongkat ali extract and m-test to get your own production to adequate levels. Also with micronutrient rich diet (zinc, selenium, etc), minimize stress, toxins. Improve /lengthen sleep (8hrs) - you may be golden

Start reading, researching online for causes of low testosterone and try to fix those lagging areas and you may not ever need TRT.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
"This study was designed to investigate the effect of pharmacologic doses of testosterone on serum FSH and LH levels in normal males. Testosterone proprionate, 100mgm, was administered intramuscularly daily for four days to four normal males. Serum samples for FSH and LH were collected from each subject daily before, during and for four days following the injections of testosterone. As anticipated, serum LH levels promptly suppressed to undetectable levels. Serum FSH levels suppressed significantly to 60–70% of baseline values in all four subjects. These results suggest that testosterone may have some part in the control of serum FSH as well as LH levels in normal males."

That sounds about right, by that study say your a healthy male, test levels at 900, it cold drop your test to about 600. That's not a crazy swing, your body is going to make more after a few days and get you back up. Plus he's using Hcg along with it so it's going to have a protective effect on that. And he only took 66ish total mg of testosterone coupled with hcg.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That sounds about right, by that study say your a healthy male, test levels at 900, it cold drop your test to about 600. That's not a crazy swing, your body is going to make more after a few days and get you back up. Plus he's using Hcg along with it so it's going to have a protective effect on that. And he only took 66ish total mg of testosterone coupled with hcg.
That would be 60-70% of total test my bad.

Either way.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
abstract states 60-70% for FSH - nothing regarding test levels is mentioned - I would imagine test levels would be sky high after 100 ED for 4 days dosing. Also testicular produced Test have a pretty long survival /circulation time with the own esters/proteins attached to it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
abstract states 60-70% for FSH - nothing regarding test levels is mentioned - I would imagine test levels would be sky high after 100 ED for 4 days dosing. Also testicular produced Test have a pretty long survival /circulation time with the own esters/proteins attached to it.
Yes your correct, I glanced and responded before I fully took in what I read. This is why I shouldn't be playing on my phone at work lol

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes your correct, I glanced and responded before I fully took in what I read. This is why I shouldn't be playing on my phone at work lol
i am currently going through a bit of issue with my own levels where i hAve about zero sex drive/libido but erection quality and workouts r great. I am speculating possibly low DHT. Thats why tried butea - did help some.

gotta get the reluctant doctor to order me some labs. Perhaps some proviron would help. Ordered nootropics tongkat to try out

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i am currently going through a bit of issue with my own levels where i hAve about zero sex drive/libido but erection quality and workouts r great. I am speculating possibly low DHT. Thats why tried butea - did help some.

gotta get the reluctant doctor to order me some labs. Perhaps some proviron would help. Ordered nootropics tongkat to try out
In the mean time you could try 3mg boron 2x day. Similar effect to proviron. But that may skew lab results with your free test levels

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
In the mean time you could try 3mg boron 2x day. Similar effect to proviron. But that may skew lab results with your free test levels
was taking m-test. Just started outbreak rise which has boron. Also black ginger extract and carnitine tartrate, peak o2 (cordyceps),

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
was taking m-test. Just started outbreak rise which has boron. Also black ginger extract and carnitine tartrate, peak o2 (cordyceps),
I know the most important thing here is getting it dialed in with your doc, so I don't wanna say to do things that will screw with your numbers

But I'm thinking something like a topical dht cream, dermacrine with some of it applied directly to the beanbag, even maybe epiandro.

Those things should jack up your dht levels and would help "if low dht is the problem"

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Dermacrine alongside trt at 3-6 pumps a day is a great add on to trt for overall mood and drive

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dermacrine alongside trt at 3-6 pumps a day is a great add on to trt for overall mood and drive
I was thinking of trying stano-plex but I kinda swore off anything hormonal while back and try to maximize my own production via herbs and supplements. I may be open to at some point if we find a non-suppressive, non toxic andro product - in theory its probably impossible as it appears it is almost impossible to trick the human body. There always appears to be a cost.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was thinking of trying stano-plex but I kinda swore off anything hormonal while back and try to maximize my own production via herbs and supplements. I may be open to at some point if we find a non-suppressive, non toxic andro product - in theory its probably impossible as it appears it is almost impossible to trick the human body. There always appears to be a cost.
I was under the impression you were already on trt. If not then avoid anything hormonal because it's just going to make it worse after you discontinued it. My suggestions were to pair those things with trt

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And as far as it being hard to trick the body with natural stuff, absolutely correct. That's why I put zero faith in natty test boosters. Boron is the only thing I have confidence in.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
And as far as it being hard to trick the body with natural stuff, absolutely correct. That's why I put zero faith in natty test boosters. Boron is the only thing I have confidence in.
I have enjoyed m-test alot actually. Fadogia def needs more research.

I will update how nootropics tongkat treats me

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Im in the same boat as you and have been there for a year or so. Ive pretty muched put it down to age (im 42) but id love to hear if you figure anything out. Ive never done anything hormonal and currently running CEL M-Test and SNS Pine Pollen.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Im in the same boat as you and have been there for a year or so. Ive pretty muched put it down to age (im 42) but id love to hear if you figure anything out. Ive never done anything hormonal and currently running CEL M-Test and SNS Pine Pollen.
I’m 35,

sleep lately have been meh. Perhaps i could try to improve it but already taking magnesium before bed. Some sleep teas, etc.

diet is pretty good. Will let know

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m 35,

sleep lately have been meh. Perhaps i could try to improve it but already taking magnesium before bed. Some sleep teas, etc.

diet is pretty good. Will let know
For me sleep, diet, training etc is on point (youve probably seen my log sometime). So im starting to think that maybe ive been too lean for too long. So im lean bulking now, see what happens when i put on some weight.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i would point out that study shows 100 mgs per day via IM with test prop ED... and the OP is pushing 30 mgs Sub-Q with test c 3x per week. ... literally there is little to cross over here.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dhea, pregnenolone, chrysin and benzoflavone afaik.

Wouldnt hcg be a better add on?

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
i would point out that study shows 100 mgs per day via IM with test prop ED... and the OP is pushing 30 mgs Sub-Q with test c 3x per week. ... literally there is little to cross over here.

25mg/week resulted in loss of muscle mass. what does that tell us? 25mg/week was inadequate to sustain existing mass and resulted in loss due to inadequate androgens. granted this study was 16 weeks. (low dose TRT doesnt just add on to existing pool of test without suppression), it was enough amount to suppress / shutdown. even at 30mg/2x weekly at long enough time his testicular output and Pituatary will be very low (~2weeks at the most). even 1 week of injection would be very suppressive. It is a known fact that very Low dose AAS cycles results in no gains. We always hear these anectodal reports of low libido , lethargy by week 3 from prosteroid only (sdrol, epistane, etc) cyles. granted the doses (100mg/wk+) are higher than normal production. I remember reading a study where LH levels tanked by week 2 from testosterone therapy at TRT dosages.

I am researching right now How quickly does LH levels decresae with testosterone injection - anyone have easy access to studies, save me the search time.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Dhea, pregnenolone, chrysin and benzoflavone afaik.

Wouldnt hcg be a better add on?
Maybe for some people, but for me personally no. I don't like hcg, on cycle it raises my estrogen and does nothing else for me. With that being said I've never had my nuts atrophy even being on trt blasting and cruising they stay full size with zero hcg. So that may be part of the reason hcg doesn't work the same with me???? I don't really know. I just don't use it, don't need it. Only time I personally would is if I wanted to come completely off.

Anyway he can't use any of these things he's looking the natural route. I originally missed that part

Dugthefug

Awards
  • First Up Vote

shutdown of both pituitary and testicular routes appear much quicker than many speculate but since you injected HCG - testicular shutdown will be minimal. Pituitary is usually quick to come back where testicular production take a while and need few weeks of LH pulses to get going. Testicular health/production rates is dependent on multiple factors (health, antioxidant level (vitA, K2, E, D, magnesium, cholesterol), also outside of underlying condition. production of test+ other hormones like pregnenolone to normal level can be achieved even if history of low levels when then causative factors are solved.

Most likely you will be fine within 2-3 weeks. I stand by my recommendation of trying good quality Tongkat ali extract and m-test to get your own production to adequate levels. Also with micronutrient rich diet (zinc, selenium, etc), minimize stress, toxins. Improve /lengthen sleep (8hrs) - you may be golden

Start reading, researching online for causes of low testosterone and try to fix those lagging areas and you may not ever need TRT.
[/QUOTE
Maybe for some people, but for me personally no. I don't like hcg, on cycle it raises my estrogen and does nothing else for me. With that being said I've never had my nuts atrophy even being on trt blasting and cruising they stay full size with zero hcg. So that may be part of the reason hcg doesn't work the same with me???? I don't really know. I just don't use it, don't need it. Only time I personally would is if I wanted to come completely off.

Anyway he can't use any of these things he's looking the natural route. I originally missed that part
To be honest I think I need to just stop thinking about testosterone full stop ,it's more trouble that it's worth haha ,it was back in January I had my first test ,I was just curious to see what it would be now I'm 35 ,kind of regret it now as I have been stuck down this rabbit hole ever since ,but I guess on the plus side I got of the antidepressants through it

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
By the way, I had to look up afaik to see what it means lol. There's too many abbreviations for sentences now a days, I can't keep up, even with the common ones😪
The generation gap is real 😁