TRT reasons

MrFlexo

Member
What was the reason you went on TRT? What age? And do you have to be on TRT for life? Thanks in advance.
 
What was the reason you went on TRT? What age? And do you have to be on TRT for life? Thanks in advance.
If you go on trt because your hypogonatal and you can't produce your own then yes it's going to be for life.

If you were blasting and cruising as your own choice and going on trt between cycles then there's a possibility that it's not for life because you might be able to come off and recover.

If your just going on trt for the sake of being on trt and don't plan on running actual steroid cycles then it's an absolutely stupid idea. The reason I'm bringing this up is because YouTube is poisoning people's minds with nonsense.

If your Natty test levels are normal then going on a real dose of trt is not going to do anything for you. The only exception might be if you were cutting to extremely low body fat percentages where your natural testosterone would normally drop then being on trt would be beneficial.


The real question here is why are you asking this question, you need to put some context behind it if you want ppl to give you some answers.
 
If you go on trt because your hypogonatal and you can't produce your own then yes it's going to be for life.

If you were blasting and cruising as your own choice and going on trt between cycles then there's a possibility that it's not for life because you might be able to come off and recover.

If your just going on trt for the sake of being on trt and don't plan on running actual steroid cycles then it's an absolutely stupid idea. The reason I'm bringing this up is because YouTube is poisoning people's minds with nonsense.

If your Natty test levels are normal then going on a real dose of trt is not going to do anything for you. The only exception might be if you were cutting to extremely low body fat percentages where your natural testosterone would normally drop then being on trt would be beneficial.


The real question here is why are you asking this question, you need to put some context behind it if you want ppl to give you some answers.

The main reason was I just wanted to know what made people choose TRT and how it changed their life.
I’ve thought about it for the future because it seems like my energy, motivation, and sex drive go down by the day. I have gotten my test level checked and it was around 300 around 5 years ago. I know, diet, exercise, sleep, and environment are all factors. Which these are things I’ve been working on first. The reason why I say for the future is because I’m only 26 so I’m too young now for TRT.
I know everyone’s situation is different, and I know these questions are personal, but I thought some people’s stories would help me think about my future.
And yes I’ll get more tests done soon to have a more accurate picture of what’s going on.
 
The main reason was I just wanted to know what made people choose TRT and how it changed their life.
I’ve thought about it for the future because it seems like my energy, motivation, and sex drive go down by the day. I have gotten my test level checked and it was around 300 around 5 years ago. I know, diet, exercise, sleep, and environment are all factors. Which these are things I’ve been working on first. The reason why I say for the future is because I’m only 26 so I’m too young now for TRT.
I know everyone’s situation is different, and I know these questions are personal, but I thought some people’s stories would help me think about my future.
And yes I’ll get more tests done soon to have a more accurate picture of what’s going on.
Ok, so my reasoning was convenience and my age, I used some gear in my 20s and stopped for a long time. At 35 I decided to go back on (I'm turning 37 in a few months) and I knew I was going to stay on for a few years and pct is not something I enjoy. I accepted the fact that if I cycle for the next 5 to 10 years I'm probably going to need trt anyways so I got put on trt 150mg per week. Even tho my test was in the 800's. I don't need it but there's a huge amount of downtime feeling crappy and emotional during pct and recovery between cycles and I wanted to completely avoid that. So I just made a decision to go about it this way.

I don't mind pinning, I'm not having any more kids or anything else that would make it a concern of mine so ya.

It hasn't changed my life at all it just makes me feel normal all the time. So obviously my situation is much different than yours.

At 26 I would be talking to some endocrinologists and trying to figure out the root cause and see if it's fixable before committing to a life of testosterone replacement. Because if you can't bring your test levels up now naturally you're definitely not going to be able to after years of trt if you decide you want to come on
 
I went on at 36 because I was having a really hard time recovering from training, always feeling stressed no matter what I did to resolve, poor sleep, and forcing myself through the days. Now, the big question was whether I was dealing with low test because of the symptoms I was dealing with or vice versa. I don't like to be committed to taking something so I spent a good year chasing down things to correct and bring up test levels with no luck and eventually jumped on. The first 2-3 years it really made a huge difference in fixing all the things mentioned above, then it just becomes your life and you just feel normal.

What I will say is that, I feel normal for me and at 47, everyone around me trips out at my energy, still playing and competing in anything you put in front of me, and carry muscle like I am 25. While I come from some good stock, there is no doubt that TRT has allowed me to keep active at a really high level and reaping the physical benefits.
 
I'm 63 and have been on it for 15-20 years, no problems!
 
The main reason was I just wanted to know what made people choose TRT and how it changed their life.
I’ve thought about it for the future because it seems like my energy, motivation, and sex drive go down by the day. I have gotten my test level checked and it was around 300 around 5 years ago. I know, diet, exercise, sleep, and environment are all factors. Which these are things I’ve been working on first. The reason why I say for the future is because I’m only 26 so I’m too young now for TRT.
I know everyone’s situation is different, and I know these questions are personal, but I thought some people’s stories would help me think about my future.
And yes I’ll get more tests done soon to have a more accurate picture of what’s going on.

If at all possible I'd delay TRT injections until it's completely necessary. Assuming you're not primary failure (testes) I'd say a SERM (enclomiphene) is your best option. Traditional Clomid has a host of mental issues and Nolvadex has weird clotting issues for an unfortunate few. I say this as a fertility measure or you can freeze sperm now for later use. I'm basically 46 and have been on forever due to TBI issues crushing my HPTA but now trying to have a child with my fiance' and finding it difficult to regain my fertility.

My natural levels before and after TRT are ~135 ng/dL.
 
Back
Top