TRT Questions: Zoster (sp?) better than Decanoate?

southernly

Awards
Will be going on TRT. Doc says he prefers Zoster (spelling?), which is like an insulin pen, subcutaneous, and weekly. I've never heard of it. I figured he would say gel or Test Decanoate. Anybody have any feedback?

I asked if using 2xweek at half dose would be better. He said it's not necessary. True or not?

He said there are only 3 levels: 50mg, 75mg, and 100mg. The recommendation is to start at 75mg. Any experience with this? Is this enough?

Also mentioned that if hemoglobin gets high, trt has to be discontinued, for sure. How the heck am I supposed to take even something simple like Proviron or Anavar, without raising heomoglobin?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Normal trt dose is around 120-180mg for most ppl. 75-100 sub q is probably gonna put you middle of the reference range. The reason your doctor gave you for wanting to discontinue trt is absolutely ridiculous and you need a better doctor. I got nothing else to add

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I believe that you are referring to Xyosted.

I agree with Smont .... I'd see a different Dr.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I believe that you are referring to Xyosted.

I agree with Smont .... I'd see a different Dr.
If that's it then it just Test E, the idea of a 100 being the most this guy will prescribe and the fact he said he's taking him off for high hematocrit are both massive red flags.
OP
A good doc Is not prescribing a mg limit based on the dose, but he will base it off of bloodwork, a good doc wouldn't give that shitty test pen and say start at 75. He would put you on X amount for a few months and then run bloods and make adjustments.

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If that's it then it just Test E, the idea of a 100 being the most this guy will prescribe and the fact he said he's taking him off for high hematocrit are both massive red flags.
OP
A good doc Is not prescribing a mg limit based on the dose, but he will base it off of bloodwork, a good doc would give that shitty test pen and say start at 75. He would put you on X amount for a few months and then run bloods and make adjustments.
I agree.
But apparently (for some reason) that particular pen only comes in 50, 75, and 100mg options.
However, even with that ... He could prescribe 2 pens per week (of desired dosages).

southernly

Awards
So, if Xyosted is just test e, then he's also wrong about only once per week being adequate too. Thanks guys. I'll see how fast I can move on to another doc, and have him pick up where this guy left off

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So, if Xyosted is just test e, then he's also wrong about only once per week being adequate too. Thanks guys. I'll see how fast I can move on to another doc, and have him pick up where this guy left off
Lots of trt protocols are 1x week, that's what they suggest. There not interested in controlling steady levels, but we are

southernly

Awards
Right. Not sure I want the pen. What's the deal with Subq anyway? I thought im is the best.

And is 100mg of Xyosted the same as 100 of normal test e? or is there some kind of improvement?

The doc says, I could take Test undecanoate, but it requires a "big bore needle". What the heck? I don't think 25g is "big bore".

For anybody who goes with test decanoate, is it self-administered, like the pen, or do you have to get the shot at the clinic?

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You don’t want the pen, I was just adding some familiar comic relief.

Your doc sounds like a quack 🤷‍♂️

southernly

Awards
Lots of trt protocols are 1x week, that's what they suggest. There not interested in controlling steady levels, but we are
Does Xyosted have something that makes it better, being subq, rather than im? And is 75mg of it the same as 75mg of normal test e?

Also, do trt guys who choose test decanoate from a doc have to go get a shot, or can they self-administer?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Does Xyosted have something that makes it better, being subq, rather than im? And is 75mg of it the same as 75mg of normal test e?

Also, do trt guys who choose test decanoate from a doc have to go get a shot, or can they self-administer?
Test is test is test is test.

Test prop
Test e
Test c
Sust
Decanoate

There all exactly the same with a different ester And the esther just determines how fast the hormone spikes and then leaves your system.

The product your talking about is plain test e In a pre measured rediject pen

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have seen ppl do daily sub q shots with a lower dose and do just fine, but the only person I know who does well on less then 100-120mg is the member GreenMachineX. He's definitely a outlier tho. Not many ppl can go under 100mg.

My dose is 150, that puts me in the 900's

At one point I was on 100 for a few months and I think I came back in the 560s if I remember correctly.

Going by the information I have seen with this 2 doses I'd have to assume that 75mg would put me in the high 300's maybe 400 which It's considered "normal" testosterone range, but it's normal for a seventy + year old man

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Yeah, it's the same.
I think most guys who do IM, do the shot themselves. But some go in for shots (what a waste of time and office visit IMO).
It depends upon your Dr, and whether or not you can stick yourself (some even get their wives to do it).

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Tell your doc you want test c and tell him you’d like to do it at home. tell him you won’t be able to make it to the office every week. If he refuses then just find another dr

southernly

Awards
Test is test is test is test.

Test prop
Test e
Test c
Sust
Decanoate

There all exactly the same with a different ester And the esther just determines how fast the hormone spikes and then leaves your system.

The product your talking about is plain test e In a pre measured rediject pen
well then why is it subq? Thats my only question at this point. I thought subq isnt effective compared to im, or at least less desirable.

ironranger

ironranger

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right. Not sure I want the pen. What's the deal with Subq anyway? I thought im is the best.

And is 100mg of Xyosted the same as 100 of normal test e? or is there some kind of improvement?

The doc says, I could take Test undecanoate, but it requires a "big bore needle". What the heck? I don't think 25g is "big bore".

For anybody who goes with test decanoate, is it self-administered, like the pen, or do you have to get the shot at the clinic?
I'm on test undeconate 4ml, single shot. It is administered every 8 to 10 weeks depending on bloods.
Always had it done by the nurse, never self administered.

southernly

Awards
I'm on test undeconate 4ml, single shot. It is administered every 8 to 10 weeks depending on bloods.
Always had it done by the nurse, never self administered.
Wow, that must make a lump.

ironranger

ironranger

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, that must make a lump.
No, it doesn't surprising enough. It is done by a decent sized needle though, and deep in the glute.
It is fully funded for me, so I take what I can get lol