TRT question

PatWheeler

PatWheeler

Awards
I just started TRT this week at one of the large drive thru clinics. No real complaints but it’s an hour away.

Another place that’s local to me just called me back and is willing to let me continue through their office and they seem more professional than the current “big-box” style place. They were surprised when I gave them my blood work that there wasn’t more info on the lab sheet. They claim their blood tests are much more detailed.

Anyway, they claim their test is made at a local compounding pharmacy and the test comes already premixed with Anastrozole. I asked if it was possible to get the AI on the side as I’d prefer to be in control of the dosing. I also asked about two injections per week instead of one, and they’re supposed to get back to me on both.

Anybody have any experience with the big box TRT clinics or a reason why they would mix test with an AI? Is that a red flag?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m not on trt and I’m in the UK so whilst I can’t answer fully, I am really surprised that they would pre mix the ai just purely because ai dosing is so individual?

do they mix it specifically for you after checking your levels and adjusting or is it as I’m assuming, a pre set dose for everyone?

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Seems weird, I would advice against any “pre made” blend. Why not use a regular Dr for TRT, seems much easier and cheaper. Btw 1 shot a week is fine, multiple is good but 1 is completely fine, it gets old real quick with the injections.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I probably wouldn’t take that. There are times when I can feel my E has crashed fairly low and I skip a dose of the anastrozal. You will want to be in control of that.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i can't remember exactly, somewhere around 12 years on trt...never once been prescribed a AI.

i agree with @BBiceps once a week injection is fine, it really does get old after several years and the initial feel good effect goes away...now i hardly notice a difference after injection, whereas before i would really be looking forward to the feel good effect of injection day.

S

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve been on TRT for 7 years and I wouldn’t take compound test mixed with an AI. That would make it really difficult to control your E2. Some guys done need an AI and some do. The ones that do, their dose of AI per week differs. So many variables involved.

PatWheeler

PatWheeler

Awards
I probably wouldn’t take that. There are times when I can feel my E has crashed fairly low and I skip a dose of the anastrozal. You will want to be in control of that.
This is my feeling as well. For better or worse, there's so much info on youtube that advises against taking an AI, I'd rather be able to take it as needed.

I'm interested to hear if anyone has had a negative experience taking an ai? E too low, sides?

PatWheeler

PatWheeler

Awards
i can't remember exactly, somewhere around 12 years on trt...never once been prescribed a AI.

i agree with @BBiceps once a week injection is fine, it really does get old after several years and the initial feel good effect goes away...now i hardly notice a difference after injection, whereas before i would really be looking forward to the feel good effect of injection day.
You make it sound so intoxicating it almost worries me lol

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is my feeling as well. For better or worse, there's so much info on youtube that advises against taking an AI, I'd rather be able to take it as needed.

I'm interested to hear if anyone has had a negative experience taking an ai? E too low, sides?
I have had my E crash using an AI. It was not fun. Zero libido and by 3-4pm I was looking to go to sleep. Took a good week to get back to normal. I have been feeling good running Virtus with my test rather than anastrazole.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have had my E crash using an AI. It was not fun. Zero libido and by 3-4pm I was looking to go to sleep. Took a good week to get back to normal. I have been feeling good running Virtus with my test rather than anastrazole.
absolutely, if i need to lower estrogen .5ml eod for a few days of virtus gets me right!!!

THEBIGT saves 25% at both ironlegion.com and iconicfromulations.com.

C

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
absolutely, if i need to lower estrogen .5ml eod for a few days of virtus gets me right!!!

THEBIGT saves 25% at both ironlegion.com and iconicfromulations.com.
Not usually a fan of otc's but here i agree. Much prefer that to pharma ai if possible.

Funny how here where i live everyone freaks out when a young guy who wants to start his first test only cycle announces he will be using an AI prophylactically.

Aromatase inhibitors are serious drugs imho not to be abused. Many doctors actually say that they have a negative impact on lipids beyond what lowering e2 causes. Arimidex especially (and letro of course).

Btw i used virtus and this is where i discovered that 6 bromo is not just an AI (used 6 bromo before so could compare). I remember thinking that "an increase in natty test" caused my delts and traps to bulge a bit 😁

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not usually a fan of otc's but here i agree. Much prefer that to pharma ai if possible.

Funny how here where i live everyone freaks out when a young guy who wants to start his first test only cycle announces he will be using an AI prophylactically.

Aromatase inhibitors are serious drugs imho not to be abused. Many doctors actually say that they have a negative impact on lipids beyond what lowering e2 causes. Arimidex especially (and letro of course).
1st time i used virtus i was very surprised at how effective it was, i have no need to ever use prescription AI, virtus even kept estrogen sides in check when i ran trest and that is saying a lot for a otc AI, imo.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just started TRT this week at one of the large drive thru clinics. No real complaints but it’s an hour away.

Another place that’s local to me just called me back and is willing to let me continue through their office and they seem more professional than the current “big-box” style place. They were surprised when I gave them my blood work that there wasn’t more info on the lab sheet. They claim their blood tests are much more detailed.

Anyway, they claim their test is made at a local compounding pharmacy and the test comes already premixed with Anastrozole. I asked if it was possible to get the AI on the side as I’d prefer to be in control of the dosing. I also asked about two injections per week instead of one, and they’re supposed to get back to me on both.

Anybody have any experience with the big box TRT clinics or a reason why they would mix test with an AI? Is that a red flag?
Drive thru trt?! Man you guys have everything in the US, i was born in the wrong country

PatWheeler

PatWheeler

Awards
Sweet, a new rabbit hole to go down lol.

The first article I read said Virtus was a test booster and the second said it was an AI. It didn't make you feel as bad as the anastrazole though?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

The first article I read said Virtus was a test booster and the second said it was an AI. It didn't make you feel as bad as the anastrazole though?
i would like to see that article...as far as i know no one connected with iron legion has labelled virtus as a test booster...it is what it is-a natural aromatase inhibitor.

PatWheeler

PatWheeler

Awards
i would like to see that article...as far as i know no one connected with iron legion has labelled virtus as a test booster...it is what it is-a natural aromatase inhibitor.

Here's one... https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/virtus-strong-reviews-price-benefits-ingredients-free-trial-for-canada-2020-04-02

Obviously a paid ad but I saw one or two more like that. They weren't on the iron legion site. It's the internet....you've got to wade through the swamp before you find what you're looking for.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Here's one... https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/virtus-strong-reviews-price-benefits-ingredients-free-trial-for-canada-2020-04-02

Obviously a paid ad but I saw one or two more like that. They weren't on the iron legion site. It's the internet....you've got to wade through the swamp before you find what you're looking for.
dude...that is a ad for a product called VIRTUS STRONG....did you look at ingredients? it is NOT a iron legion product.

lol....it was a honest mistake on your part!!!

@delsolrob did you know about this?

Last edited:
PatWheeler

PatWheeler

Awards
dude...that is a ad for a product called VIRTUS STRONG....did you look at ingredients? it is NOT a iron legion product.

lol....it was a honest mistake on your part!!!

@delsolrob did you know about this?
I noticed that and figured you guys were just using "Virtus" for shorthand. Sorry bro!

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

No it didn’t make me feel bad like the script AI does. Virtus is amazing.

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is a AI, like Arimidex, in low dose really that bad? It’s studies on women that have been taking 1mg everyday for 5 yrs with no side effects to speak of, unfortunately it’s no long term studies on men.

Obvious it’s better without but I’m not sure it’s that big of a deal to use one if you need it. Idk, I’m not a expert so I might be wrong.