Unanswered Trt question

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Back December I was free test of 6.2 and total t of 700. Shbg was really high. Overall
In great shape at the time but symptoms of can’t lose fat with diet or cardio. Felt tired a lot. However I am thinking of getting off but not sure of what to use to raise free test naturally and lower shbg? I’ve lost some fat with low dose trt and decent energy, not a ton of difference. Let me know thoughts and if I wanted to come off what would you suggest. I’ve been on hcg this whole time as well so would dosing hcg only help me recover. ?

rocknroll

Awards
I'm wondering if your dose was high enough. Numbers are important but so is how you feel IMO.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Have you tried Proviron?

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Proviron isn’t something I want to be on long term I wouldn’t think

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
You could run it a low dose for a month or so at a time...this should take care of your high SHBG, and free up some of that test.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Boron and longjack are two natural options for binding SHBG. Boron at 12 mg per day is comparable to low dose proviron.

PHOTOSnFIBERS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Back December I was free test of 6.2 and total t of 700. Shbg was really high. Overall
In great shape at the time but symptoms of can’t lose fat with diet or cardio. Felt tired a lot. However I am thinking of getting off but not sure of what to use to raise free test naturally and lower shbg? I’ve lost some fat with low dose trt and decent energy, not a ton of difference. Let me know thoughts and if I wanted to come off what would you suggest. I’ve been on hcg this whole time as well so would dosing hcg only help me recover. ?
I would at least try a higher dose if you can, before you go the other route. I have been on TRT for about 4mo maybe and had my first bloods a few weeks ago. Before i started i had a total of 34 and free of 9 so i know how you feel as AFAIK it's free T that does anything for you, anabolically speaking. My E2 was also very low at like 6.

My total recently was 903 which my doctor was very happy with but my free was 258 lol. The desired range for free is listed by my doc at 35-155 so im a bit over but i guess the sides and such are based on total T so im guessing my SHBG is low, i have no idea why or how as i don't take anything, im guessing my SHBG is just low genetically.

My E2 this time was also high at 146 so my doc immediately put me on 1mg of arimidex per injection which is once a week (300mg of cyp every saturday). All i can say is i feel much better going from 9 free T to whatever im at now, if you can up your dose and keep an eye on your bloods i'd try that first just so you know. Im not sure if there's any supp or drug that can block SHBG and 6.2 free T is super low.

PHOTOSnFIBERS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Is proviron a hormone like test?
I did some searching and it seems it is an AAS similar to Test. Apparently it's a brand name of the compound mesterolone. Do altered test forms not bind with SHBG? If they don't then this might help you, if they do then you might not gain anything. And i'd also make sure the sides aren't an issue, i haven't read enough to know of the sides of this particular compound yet.

EDIT: Hmm ok so i did some more reading and it appears it has a high affinity to be bound by SHBG, which is why some people take it, to free up their other AAS and get more out of them. It's also supposed to be a natural AI, although you may want to make sure it won't drop your E2 too low. From what i read it's a bit less anabolic than Test but only has an andro rating of like 35.

Last edited:
chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Proviron is my fav addition to trt. It lowers estrogen and binds to shbg making the test you take more usable alokg w amy other compounds. It is methyl dht. Simple as that. It does help sperm motility in smaller doses (12.5mg) and was first used as an antidepressant and fertility drug in men back in the 30s in Germany. Since it is a methyl i would recommend 4-6wks only. Any longer and lipids may go shitty and so eat lots of healthy fats and take omega 3s. Thats all i got. Whenever i see something on proviron i feel compelled to chime in as first time i took it I loved it. Made me feel great and fk like a rockstar.