TRT OR CYCLE?

blasteryui

Awards
Hey guys been lifting weights, sports on and off for the last 7 or so years.. I feel ready now to take on the first cycle. I researched this stuff years ago but now I've been watching and following new folks.. One of them is about 30 years old, had normal testosterone levels but now is on TRT for good, taking 150MG every other day I believe. He was saying in recent years new evidence has come out saying that estrogen blockers ruin our bones and that it is safer to just stay on a lower dose of test, never using an AI.. Is there any real verdict for this, I'm also wondering if there is really a positive or negative to running a cycle or doing TRT for life at a low cycle.. it seems as if a lot of people these stays are just staying on TRT for good and now I'm not sure if I should be cycling or sticking to it.

I'm all for the extra energy, getting rid of fatigue etc which comes with doing TRT.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey guys been lifting weights, sports on and off for the last 7 or so years.. I feel ready now to take on the first cycle. I researched this stuff years ago but now I've been watching and following new folks.. One of them is about 30 years old, had normal testosterone levels but now is on TRT for good, taking 150MG every other day I believe. He was saying in recent years new evidence has come out saying that estrogen blockers ruin our bones and that it is safer to just stay on a lower dose of test, never using an AI.. Is there any real verdict for this, I'm also wondering if there is really a positive or negative to running a cycle or doing TRT for life at a low cycle.. it seems as if a lot of people these stays are just staying on TRT for good and now I'm not sure if I should be cycling or sticking to it.

I'm all for the extra energy, getting rid of fatigue etc which comes with doing TRT.
If that is what your friend is running, that isn't TRT at all. It's a steroid cycle.

If a person with normal Test levels starts running legitimately dosed TRT, he hasn't gained anything, he's only traded his natural Testosterone for lifelong injections.

I would never recommend TRT for someone who doesn't need it.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Replacing your natural hormones with exogenous ones when you haven't been diagnosed with hypogonadism isn't really "trt" in my opinion, it's a cruise - which is fine, but I think the distinction is important.

True trt will have positive effects for someone who genuinely needs it with regard to wellbeing, fatigue, etc. but not for someone who already has normal test levels.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah as above bro. 150 eod isn’t trt, it’s a cycle dose.

there’s no reason to go on trt if your test is mid range or above (you could argue at low end but within range there is benefit but personally I’d be trying to increase my natural test first)

TheBigJS

TheBigJS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One of them is about 30 years old, had normal testosterone levels but now is on TRT for good, taking 150MG every other day I believe.

TRT is testosterone replacement therapy, replacement being the key word.

If your levels are normal you won't notice any difference whatsoever.

Not that any doctor would put you on TRT if there was nothing wrong with your levels.