TRT levels after 1 week

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So my doc is checking my bloodwork in one week from today (today was my shot) and does my labs before my shot next week. I’m only on 80mg until that appointment and we will be discussing raising my dose. So I’m just curious though, what would my test levels look like after 1 week from a shot at that dose? Presuming I’m between 500-800ng/dL.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Assuming it was a Test Enanthate shot....

Test is 7-days later after taking a shot with a half life of 4-5 days pinned intramuscular?

So my doc is checking my bloodwork in one week from today (today was my shot) and does my labs before my shot next week. I’m only on 80mg until that appointment and we will be discussing raising my dose. So I’m just curious though, what would my test levels look like after 1 week from a shot at that dose? Presuming I’m between 500-800ng/dL.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I take test cyp for my trt. The doctor always makes sure the bloods are 7 days after shot. That just keeps things consistent for measuring total test levels. They know it will be higher a few days earlier. But 7 days later usually eliminates the peaks and gives you what you lower test number would be for the week. So they adjust your dose to get it to the target number 7 days after shot because they don't want your total test to drop below that number. You also get another shot typically, at least I do a shot every week.

As to him testing after you have only been on 1 week that seems a waste. Not sure why he is doing that. You should be on it for at least 6 weeks before he tries to adjust your dose. Hope your not paying for the blood test.

It should be higher than before your shot, however it takes 4-7 weeks for your test levels to reach peak for a given dose of test cyp. Plus just starting on trt in a few weeks your body is going to shut down its on test so your number will drop at some point.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What dosage are you taking? I only brought that up to the OP because first week on, 80mg pin and test a week later. I'm not sure what they will prove with that test and no buildup over the course of a few weeks.
I take test cyp for my trt. The doctor always makes sure the bloods are 7 days after shot. That just keeps things consistent for measuring total test levels. They know it will be higher a few days earlier. But 7 days later usually eliminates the peaks and gives you what you lower test number would be for the week. So they adjust your dose to get it to the target number 7 days after shot because they don't want your total test to drop below that number. You also get another shot typically, at least I do a shot every week.

As to him testing after you have only been on 1 week that seems a waste. Not sure why he is doing that. You should be on it for at least 6 weeks before he tries to adjust your dose. Hope your not paying for the blood test.

It should be higher than before your shot, however it takes 4-7 weeks for your test levels to reach peak for a given dose of test cyp. Plus just starting on trt in a few weeks your body is going to shut down its on test so your number will drop at some point.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What dosage are you taking? I only brought that up to the OP because first week on, 80mg pin and test a week later. I'm not sure what they will prove with that test and no buildup over the course of a few weeks.
No I agree. I think the test at a week for him is pointless and I think his dose is too low. I believe from one of his other post he was saying his doctor is taking a conservative approach with the small dose.

I myself am now on 130 mg of test cyp a week. I was on 150 a wk but cut my cycle off a little too late and my test level was too high for my every 6 month blood work. Confessed to doc when he asked me, he was cool but did say he had to show he lowered my dose to be in compliance with health board. So he dropped me to 130 a week

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No I haven’t been on for 1 week, I’ve been on for 5 weeks. My blood test is 1 week after my last shot (which was Monday) that’s what I meant. 80mg a week and he checks 7 days after my shot. It’s test cyp not E, pinned IM once a week so far. Im assuming from what I’ve read that 24 hours after my shot I’ll be between 500-800ng/dL so I’m curious as to how much it will have dropped after 7 days.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Gotcha. I thought you meant after the first week. When doing trt the number they use is going to always be 7 days after the shot. 150mg a week puts me in the 900ng/dl range 7 days after my shot. Now I have been on trt long enough I am completely shut down normally. So that number is pure exogenous test.

But everyone is different so who knows where your level will be. My docs want to keep me in the 900 range 7 days after shot.