TRT + Ipamorelin/CJC + (what?) = crazy shred!

Vader_1

Vader_1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Long time forum follower, recent poster. I’m looking for some experienced-based guidance from the experts here on help with getting shredded lean…

I’m on TRT (Test E: 160mg/week, split EOD) and Ipamorelin+CJC (no DAC). I’m not using HCG or an AI.

I just turned 50, I’m 5’10”, 165 lbs and ~12% BF. Been training hard, fueling right and hitting cardio for the past 6-months working towards a personal milestone goal of getting shredded down to 7% BF at age 50…still have a ways to go, but here’s a Dec-2019 to current pic comparison:

5-month progress pic -c.png

Which of the following options do you recommend that would be most beneficial to assist with achieving my 7% BF goal in the next 8-10 weeks?
  1. Add a SARM (Rad140, Ostarine, LGD, GW, S-23 - either individually or in a stack)
  2. Add EpiAndro (pills vs. transdermals? Also brand recommendations welcome based on personal experience)
  3. Add Anavar (dose/duration?)
  4. Increase TRT to 300mg per week
  5. Another cutting/shredding option...
For reference, here are my current labs if beneficial:
Hematocrit: 43.0 (39- 54) %
ALT/SGPT: High 76 (5 - 46) U/L
AST/SGOT: High 40 (1 - 35) U/L
IGF-1: 144 (17 - 537) ng/mL
FSH: Low < 0.2 (1.27 - 19.26) mIU/mL
LH: Low < 0.2 (1.24 - 8.62) mIU/mL
Progesterone: 0.44 (0.14 - 2.06) ng/mL
Estradiol: 24 (11 - 47) pg/ml
SHBG: 35.4 (12.5 - 68.6) nmol/L
Testosterone: 1151.35 (300 - 1200) ng/dL
Free Testosterone: High 29.6 (5 - 26) ng/dL
Bioavailable Testosterone: 641.8 (126 - 661) ng/dL
Estrone: (E1) 16.2 pg/mL
PSA, Total w/rflx to Free PSA 0.968 (0 - 4.0) ng/ml​

Thanks all for your advice! 💪 👍

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Amazing progress 👍

I am with you, feel like high trt doses are still anabolic and much more manageable then blasting 500mg (hematocrit, water retention issues, cardiac hypertrophy etc)

I would definitely add an anabolic and keep the test as it is. If you are dialed in as far as estrogen goes, it would help keep some variables out of the picture here.

I would bump the test a bit if/when you go for mass.

Out of those listed, Anavar is the most attractive to me. Hmm dose... didnt run it but i think 40mg - 50mg if it is a short blast (4 weeks) or less if it is longer. I will start at 25-30 if i use it.

As far as sarms go, i have mixed feelings about them. Didnt use them however all the bloodwork i have seen is as bad as or even worse than oral steroids or tre trenbolone.

Jaa0023

Awards
Mast. Var. winny
-can all be options along with what you have going on.

Last edited:
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also no to the sarms.

var at 50mg gets my vote although winny is also a shout.

I wouldn’t up the test. See no need in this scenario.

i like clen and t3, it’s effective and as long as you embrace the jitters it can be fun.

your lean enough to get benefit from mast or proviron as well bro....

awesome progress by the way.

Jaa0023

Awards
Keep the test at the same dosage.
Add mast
Could possible add some var.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s really not hardcore at all. But, like you mentioned, I would do Var at 40-50mg but for 7-8 weeks and forget about the SARM’s.
This is good advice. I am always on the conservative side due to the health issues i went through.

However yes, 40mg of var for 7-8 weeks shouldnt be too terrible. Just watch your diet (dont eat too much saturated fat) and drinking should be out of the question.

Vader_1

Vader_1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like Mast and Var are on most of your list of recommendations.
Now just need to work on finding some in time for my summer shred...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you can get pharma var, then I'm gonna vote leaving test the same and mast 4-500 and var 40-50. If you gotta gamble on ugl var then pick winny 50.

If you go with a sarm, s23

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you can get pharma var, then I'm gonna vote leaving test the same and mast 4-500 and var 40-50. If you gotta gamble on ugl var then pick winny 50.

If you go with a sarm, s23
UGL var means winny anyway doesn’t it 😂

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Are Ipamorelin and CJC the best peptides for fat loss? How do you dose them?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Are Ipamorelin and CJC the best peptides for fat loss? How do you dose them?
ipamorelin is the mildest but is side free and you don’t sensitise to it. Dose first thing and pre bed (it actually is very beneficial to sleep).

ghrp2 or hex are the two I’d say we’re better for fat loss, dose 2-3 times a day, am, pwo and pre bed.

tesamorelin is the best imo (it’s FDA Approved for fat loss in HIV sufferers) but is hard to find and expensive.

note that all these assist the mobilisation of store fat to be used as energy. They don’t increase energy expenditure (like clen for example) so you’ll need a calorie deficit and exercise (it just means you preferentially use fat instead of lean mass for fuel)

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
ipamorelin is the mildest but is side free and you don’t sensitise to it. Dose first thing and pre bed (it actually is very beneficial to sleep).

ghrp2 or hex are the two I’d say we’re better for fat loss, dose 2-3 times a day, am, pwo and pre bed.

tesamorelin is the best imo (it’s FDA Approved for fat loss in HIV sufferers) but is hard to find and expensive.

note that all these assist the mobilisation of store fat to be used as energy. They don’t increase energy expenditure (like clen for example) so you’ll need a calorie deficit and exercise (it just means you preferentially use fat instead of lean mass for fuel)
Thanks brotha! How much GHRP, hex, and Ipamorelin do you take per dose? And just a slin pin in your abdomen is fine every time? How long would you cycle these? Sorry I know nothing about peptides but want to try them

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks brotha! How much GHRP, hex, and Ipamorelin do you take per dose? And just a slin pin in your abdomen is fine every time? How long would you cycle these? Sorry I know nothing about peptides but want to try them
I personally do 400mcg ipamorelin am and same pm but it’s normally based on bodyweight (I’m 225lbs)

hex I was doing at 200mcg pwo but I was running mk and cjc dac at the time so it was to boost that. Mk is 20 or 25mg a day (no real benefit it going any more). Cjc dac is min 2mg a week but 4mg does really give more optimal results imo. Cjc would normally be dosed once or twice a week.

sub q With a slim pin in abdomen each time is fine.

be careful when you reconstitute them (drop bac water in slowly on the side of the vial rather than squirt straight into the powder)

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow, great progress, would have never guessed you're 50!

Regarding peptides and your lab results ... Your IGF1 is way to low. It's actually normal - definitely not on peptides. When was your last pin of peps, prior to bloods? If you were doing peps prior to bloods, then you have fake peps. Do you feel the head rush when you pin peps?

Otherwise, best for sustained fat loss is definitely cjc1295dac 60mcg/kg. Then add hex for fasting cardio, that will do wonders. I would be careful with regular hex use as it really elevates prolactin and cortisol. So I would use it only for fasted cardio 1x - 3x a week. Otherwise if you want to enhance cjc add ipamorelin. Do not add ghrp2 that will make you hungry af and there is no need for that when you have better peps available. And don't forget about an GDA that will help a lot with insulin sensitivity with higher peps doses. GlychoPhase for instance. Also, huperzine A is good with peps.

But really, fasted cardio with 100mg + hex is going to do wonders. You don't really need aas tbh, not with your trt numbers. But what ever you add is going to help with preserving muscle. Going to 7% is quite risky in regards off preserving mm. My vote also goes to var. And fuack mast, that will do the least in regards of preserving mm.

Vader_1

Vader_1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys for all the great input and feedback!

I'm going with 40mg Var + Mast 400mg. No SARMS, no clen no T3 at this time. I'm taking the approach of minimizing the number of new substances introduced at once, and working to maximize the results of those.

I'm looking to get ultra-lean for a photoshoot at the beginning of September - it's a personal 50th birthday milestone to prove to my self that I have the mental, physical and structural discipline and fortitude to achieve a challenging goal.

@CroLifter, @Jinsun and @Whisky, thanks for the props on my progress! My goal is to be in the best shape of my life at age 50 and I feel well on my way.

@Jinsun,
I was only 1-week into my Ipamorelin/CJC when these bloods were done, hence the minimal initial impact on my IGF-1 level. I'm getting the Ipamorelin/CJC from a local compounding pharmacy with a script from my TRT doc. And yes, I do get that headrush and flushed body feeling right after injecting. I'll be taking my bloodwork again soon and will see the impact on IGF-1.
Also, why are you against Mast, bad prior experience? Most others recommend it during extreme cutting.

Jaa0023

Awards
Thanks guys for all the great input and feedback!

I'm going with 40mg Var + Mast 400mg. No SARMS, no clen no T3 at this time. I'm taking the approach of minimizing the number of new substances introduced at once, and working to maximize the results of those.

I'm looking to get ultra-lean for a photoshoot at the beginning of September - it's a personal 50th birthday milestone to prove to my self that I have the mental, physical and structural discipline and fortitude to achieve a challenging goal.

@CroLifter, @Jinsun and @Whisky, thanks for the props on my progress! My goal is to be in the best shape of my life at age 50 and I feel well on my way.

@Jinsun,
I was only 1-week into my Ipamorelin/CJC when these bloods were done, hence the minimal initial impact on my IGF-1 level. I'm getting the Ipamorelin/CJC from a local compounding pharmacy with a script from my TRT doc. And yes, I do get that headrush and flushed body feeling right after injecting. I'll be taking my bloodwork again soon and will see the impact on IGF-1.
Also, why are you against Mast, bad prior experience? Most others recommend it during extreme cutting.
Great choice!!!

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mast isn't actually great for cutting. It's good for hardening, but thats for comps, you have no use for that. Mostly all aas should be better regarding nutrient partitioning, which is what you need. 40mg var is plenty enough though, you dont need mast. But if you want more, that is, if you want to gain some muscle while cutting, then add primo or dhb. Don't know why nobody mentioned primo. It actually has anabolic activity and it's nutrient partitioning is par non. Tren is better, but thats a whole other ball game. Anyway, with 40mg var and high trt you are covered. If you want to recomp, then add something.

SCN_1896

Awards
Look really good Vader_1. I'm 50 too, pretty lean but find meaningful gains challenging for quite some time. I'm on low-dose TRT but nothing else and have been contemplating MK-667 for awhile. But maybe Ipamorelin/CJC is the way to go.

What's your diet been like since December? If you are cutting what kind of deficit are we looking at?

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If it were me, with your blood work stats, my area of focus would be on items that would not alter the great sex hormone profile numbers you have for a 50 yo.
Example: If your doc reviewed your blood work and saw elevated Test or bioavail Test above the high range, would they alter your TRT dose? That would be my fear.
That would leave clen, T3, and IGF/GH modulators as my focus.

Vader_1

Vader_1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Look really good Vader_1. I'm 50 too, pretty lean but find meaningful gains challenging for quite some time. I'm on low-dose TRT but nothing else and have been contemplating MK-667 for awhile. But maybe Ipamorelin/CJC is the way to go.

What's your diet been like since December? If you are cutting what kind of deficit are we looking at?
Thanks @SCN_1896 for the positive feedback! This is a major goal fo mine for 50, and I'm feeling good about getting there, but it's getting more difficult to continue to get leaner as I close in on <10% BF.

I've been working with a coach and on a cutting diet for the last 90-days. My calories have dropped weekly from 2100 to 1500 and I'm doing five 30-minute sessions of LISS cardio (140 steady-state BPM) a week. I found that REALLY getting dialed in with nutrition and eating to a set plan every day was the key to start seeing the strong gains of both musculature and leanness.

I've been pleased with the Ipa/CJC combo prescribed by my TRT doc, and now that I'm 7 weeks in I'm seeing good results of the T + peptide together. I've heard good things about the results from MK-667, but the guys I know who have used it said it increased their appetite significantly - not the best for cutting, so I didn't use it...

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I personally do 400mcg ipamorelin am and same pm but it’s normally based on bodyweight (I’m 225lbs)

hex I was doing at 200mcg pwo but I was running mk and cjc dac at the time so it was to boost that. Mk is 20 or 25mg a day (no real benefit it going any more). Cjc dac is min 2mg a week but 4mg does really give more optimal results imo. Cjc would normally be dosed once or twice a week.

sub q With a slim pin in abdomen each time is fine.

be careful when you reconstitute them (drop bac water in slowly on the side of the vial rather than squirt straight into the powder)
Thanks brotha! appreciate it