TRT for Anti-Aging Purposes

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
For starters I'm young - 26 years old.

I ran several cycles in my 18-22 range and got hurt and ultimately got disassociated from the fitness game.

I am working on getting back into that and am curious on a few things

I take kratom daily so that is going to have some effect on my T levels.
Even with proper PCT and before Kratom usage my libido has been subpar.
Current levels are 400, consistent the past 4 times I have had blood work. Obviously the first step would be drop Kratom - which I'm in the process, but it is a miracle drug for me for mood and focus. I would like to cut back, but don't want to drop it completely.

Anyways, I want to stay fit and healthy as I go into my 30s and later on. I guarantee at some point I will get on TRT, just to help control my hormones and feel as best as I can.

My question - what really is the downfall of TRT, especially at starting at a young age of say 30 years?
My wife and I don't want kids, and we talked about if we ever did we want to adopt, so that major problem is not a problem for me.
Obviously heart and prostate health is a concern as well as comitting to medication for life.
Well, I know I'm on meds for life regardless for other things off and on. A shot in the ass 2-3x a week is the least of my concerns. This process will take up less time than my morning espresso routine.

This may just be me wanting to have my cake and eat it too, so to say. Keep taking Kratom but boost my performance and libido with exogenous test, while also having an easier avenue to run short cycles without the fear of teeter tottering my hormones.

This isn't so much of a "convince me I should start TRT with in range test levels" more of an open discussion of, what really are the consequences of starting at a young age, and why is the stigma so bad?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I ran several cycles in my 18-22 range and got hurt and ultimately got disassociated from the fitness game.

Current levels are 400, consistent the past 4 times I have had blood work. Obviously the first step would be drop Kratom - which I'm in the process, but it is a miracle drug for me for mood and focus. I would like to cut back, but don't want to drop it completely.

Anyways, I want to stay fit and healthy as I go into my 30s and later on. I guarantee at some point I will get on TRT, just to help control my hormones and feel as best as I can.

My question - what really is the downfall of TRT, especially at starting at a young age of say 30 years?
My wife and I don't want kids, and we talked about if we ever did we want to adopt, so that major problem is not a problem for me.
Obviously heart and prostate health is a concern as well as comitting to medication for life.
Well, I know I'm on meds for life regardless for other things off and on. A shot in the ass 2-3x a week is the least of my concerns. This process will take up less time than my morning espresso routine.

This may just be me wanting to have my cake and eat it too, so to say. Keep taking Kratom but boost my performance and libido with exogenous test, while also having an easier avenue to run short cycles without the fear of teeter tottering my hormones.

This isn't so much of a "convince me I should start TRT with in range test levels" more of an open discussion of, what really are the consequences of starting at a young age, and why is the stigma so bad?
Unaware of the stigma between age and trt. And to be honest, fahk it, do what’s best for you. I pinned my first pin ever at 34, have ran trt ever since, in between blasts.
Kratom is a tool for sure and has its place in the quiver. Libido is 100% affected by kratom, hence why I keep its use limited to when I really need it. I had a run where I was using kratom daily, in large and multiple doses, had a massive tolerance, and kept going with it. I ended up very cranky, libido shot, and very dependent.
My test was 503 before beginning. Not shabby, but I wanted to sit around 1000. It’s all relative.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Unaware of the stigma between age and trt. And to be honest, fahk it, do what’s best for you. I pinned my first pin ever at 34, have ran trt ever since, in between blasts.
Kratom is a tool for sure and has its place in the quiver. Libido is 100% affected by kratom, hence why I keep its use limited to when I really need it. I had a run where I was using kratom daily, in large and multiple doses, had a massive tolerance, and kept going with it. I ended up very cranky, libido shot, and very dependent.
My test was 503 before beginning. Not shabby, but I wanted to sit around 1000. It’s all relative.
When I say Stiga I mean more along the lines of doctors and their ageism so to speak lol
It’s actually more their “ranges” you’re within range and young, you’re fine despite your symptoms.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When I say Stiga I mean more along the lines of doctors and their ageism so to speak lol
It’s actually more their “ranges” you’re within range and young, you’re fine despite your symptoms.
Gotcha. I’ll bet you can find the right one

nkwizitr

Awards
I just started Trt about a month or so back. If you go to an anti-aging clinic, they’ll probably get you on something even within normal levels. I was sitting at 550 at 42 and they started me at 200/wk right outta the gate.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just started Trt about a month or so back. If you go to an anti-aging clinic, they’ll probably get you on something even within normal levels. I was sitting at 550 at 42 and they started me at 200/wk right outta the gate.
Do most clinics accept insurance? I've got great insurance and if I'm going pharma route would want to use it. I really like my current doctor but they're hesitant on TRT route, which I understand, but at the same time I just want to say screw it and be in control of my hormones, if not only just to see if a boost in test is what I'm missing.

nkwizitr

Awards
Do most clinics accept insurance? I've got great insurance and if I'm going pharma route would want to use it. I really like my current doctor but they're hesitant on TRT route, which I understand, but at the same time I just want to say screw it and be in control of my hormones, if not only just to see if a boost in test is what I'm missing.
My insurance covers the blood work. Lots of clinics have memberships you pay for, which can be steep, but i get a month of test for like 50 bucks.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My insurance covers the blood work. Lots of clinics have memberships you pay for, which can be steep, but i get a month of test for like 50 bucks.
Gotcha. Yeah Ideally I could convince them and run everything through my PCP, it'd be like $15 for 3 months through insurance, then labs are another $25 each time.

mxrider28

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’m 28 and started trt at 26. Love it. Ran a few cycles prior and my test off cycle was at 380. When to an endocrinologist and got put on 200mg a week. Puts my levels between 550 trough and 900 peak. Only cost $10 a month.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m 28 and started trt at 26. Love it. Ran a few cycles prior and my test off cycle was at 380. When to an endocrinologist and got put on 200mg a week. Puts my levels between 550 trough and 900 peak. Only cost $10 a month.
How many times a week do you pin? That seems kinda low for 200mg, doesn’t matter if you feel good but I’d think you’d be 1,000+

mxrider28

Awards
  • First Up Vote
How many times a week do you pin? That seems kinda low for 200mg, doesn’t matter if you feel good but I’d think you’d be 1,000+
Twice a week. Yeah it’s definitely lower than most would be on 200mg but I’m also fairly big. 230-240 lean. And it’s of course pharma test

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I wish I never started. This constant hemoglobin and hematocrit battle is exhausting as well as never truly being dialed in.

FatherFigure

Awards
When do you stop pinning before your next labs? To get ranges back

mxrider28

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If on my trt of 200mg dose if i get bloods done 12 hours after i pin they are 900. If i wait 3.5 days so right before my next shot they are 550.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do my labs the morning I’m supposed to pin, which would give me results of a 3.5 day trough. I pin twice a week. So, I do my labs on Wednesday morning around 8am, which is one of the days I pin, and I pin as soon as I’m done with my labs.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are no "consequences" of starting at a younger age than normal TRT demographics other than you are now dependent on something for a longer period of time. However, there are far too many people that like to think that test is going to solve everything and end up being disappointed and it will have ZERO effect on libido as long as you continue to use kratom. In all honestly you would be better off stopping that and then assessing if TRT is right- along with full labs to back it up.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There are no "consequences" of starting at a younger age than normal TRT demographics other than you are now dependent on something for a longer period of time. However, there are far too many people that like to think that test is going to solve everything and end up being disappointed and it will have ZERO effect on libido as long as you continue to use kratom. In all honestly you would be better off stopping that and then assessing if TRT is right- along with full labs to back it up.
100% here. I'm one of those that thought test was the answer... Definitely wrong.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good to see you back on here @kisaj

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man! Been a few and forgot how much I like this place.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I appreciate it, still slowly tapering Kratom and it 'seems' some days libido is better already.

Keeping kratom use isn't the only reason I'd consider TRT, more so I just want to run cycles again in the future and don't want as much up and down.

If Kratom suppresses natural test by secondary hypogonadism according to one of the studies, why would exogenous test not fix the symptoms of low test it is causing? Or are you saying that Kratom itself will still hurt libido, regardless of hormone levels?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate it, still slowly tapering Kratom and it 'seems' some days libido is better already.

Keeping kratom use isn't the only reason I'd consider TRT, more so I just want to run cycles again in the future and don't want as much up and down.

If Kratom suppresses natural test by secondary hypogonadism according to one of the studies, why would exogenous test not fix the symptoms of low test it is causing? Or are you saying that Kratom itself will still hurt libido, regardless of hormone levels?
I’m saying that test levels themselves have very little to do with libido and that kratom has little affect on test. The top biggest complaints on TRT are difficulty maintaining good RBC/HCT and BP levels and low libido. Libido can be affected by any hormone fluctuations and equally if not more important is healthy neurotransmitter levels- which kratom directly impacts. Part of the reason it is so difficult to stop in many people is due to the fact that neurotransmitters take a long time to “reset” and it makes you miserable so we keep going back. On top of this and maybe even more responsible is the fact that the alkaloids are partial opioid receptor agonists which feel great when you are on them but often cause irritability, moodiness, lethargy, and impact arousal when we come down.

Point being that there are a lot of benefits to TRT but the ability to run cycles or address sides of kratom use aren’t the best ones.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m saying that test levels themselves have very little to do with libido and that kratom has little affect on test. The top biggest complaints on TRT are difficulty maintaining good RBC/HCT and BP levels and low libido. Libido can be affected by any hormone fluctuations and equally if not more important is healthy neurotransmitter levels- which kratom directly impacts. Part of the reason it is so difficult to stop in many people is due to the fact that neurotransmitters take a long time to “reset” and it makes you miserable so we keep going back. On top of this and maybe even more responsible is the fact that the alkaloids are partial opioid receptor agonists which feel great when you are on them but often cause irritability, moodiness, lethargy, and impact arousal when we come down.

Point being that there are a lot of benefits to TRT but the ability to run cycles or address sides of kratom use aren’t the best ones.
I see, I do appreciate all the feedback. My biggest goal would hopefully be more energy from TRT, I do know I was lacking in the energy department far before my Kratom usage. Libido has never been great even before Kratom (never understood the jokes about teen horniness, always thought it was over stated)

I can always do a ‘trial run’ of a TRT dosed cycle for several weeks and see what happens if I ever decide to go further with it.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I ended my thought early. I think my recent noticeable dip in libido may have to mostly do with stress. Yes, the added stress had me using a bit more Kratom which didn’t help but I think my stress levels have been some of the highest ever. Kratom is really the only substance I benefit from. Alcohol I tend to overdo and I don’t enjoy just drinking one or two, I sleep like ****. I get extreme anxiety and paranoia from weed, and other natural supplements just don’t take the edge off like it seems to for others.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Energy would definitely be noticed- if you are currently dealing with low test levels.

For me, even after ~12 years on, the biggest benefits have been recovery from any strenuous activity, general energy levels, muscle mass (humbly, I am freaking yoked at 48 and always hear about it), and confidence/assertiveness.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Energy would definitely be noticed- if you are currently dealing with low test levels.

For me, even after ~12 years on, the biggest benefits have been recovery from any strenuous activity, general energy levels, muscle mass (humbly, I am freaking yoked at 48 and always hear about it), and confidence/assertiveness.
Agreed on all TRT benefits, but I've never had the confidence/assertiveness from TRT frustratingly. Well, maybe a better way to phrase it is other things have more impact, positive and negative, on confidence for me personally. One extra thing I do attribute to TRT also is I haven't worked out in 6 months (well, today was first day) and I still get comments about looking like I work out.