TRT - end of cycle and doc wants bloodwork

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
54 yrs old and never done anything anabolic. Started TRT about 2 years ago.
Did about 5 weeks of topical epiandro @ 350mg along with 2-3ml of topical DHEA and a 1/2 dose of competitive edge labs cycle support and then the doc contacted me to do a blood test (after not seeing him for 1.5 years).

I think I can put off the blood test for about 5-6 weeks. Do you think this is enough time to get back to "normal"?
I was hoping to keep using the DHEA cause I found that it really helps me feel better. Do you think this affect my typical TRT blood test levels much?

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You should be fine just stall it for 6 weeks if possible. Nothing wrong or illegal about supplementing dhea Just tell him you heard it's good for healthy aging and if your blood work is off then he will have you discontinue the dhea and retest which might work in your favor.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Everything you've used in your "cycle" is legal so if it were me I'd tell the doc you have tried some supplements *just in case* any markers come back a bit off. I mean, you don't need his permission to use supplements, you're free to do whatever you want if it's legal.

If your trt protocol is well established, you don't want him tweaking it if something else is responsible for skewed blood markers/values. If you plan on using the dhea longterm cos of how it makes you feel, then you'll want to be on it for your next bloods so you can see how it might be affecting them. Tell your doc, too. You have every right to be using dhea if you wish.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My Dr. suggested I take DHEA as for blood work go with the normal dose for about 4 weeks and take the week off before blood work. I have been fooling my DR for 15 years !

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found with epiandro that nothing was really crazy bad with my bloodwork, but cholesterol was a little off and my free T was higher than usual.. nothing that worried my doc.. but when I started supplementing with dhea/preg my estrogen did rise enough that he wanted me to start using a low dose of arimidex 2x a week (.5mg 2x). I'm on 160mg/split 2x a week for TRT. I usually run 200mg/week and then in the 3 weeks or so leading up to bloodwork I go back down to 160mg. You could also skip your last injection before bloodwork, although I haven't felt the need to do that.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would keep it just to see if it effected the blood work at all, if it did just tell the Dr you tried some OTC supplements (you did),I don’t think your Dr will care at all, unless it come screwed and then he will tell you to get off.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just get the blood work and tell your doc, they might be annoyed and give you the "I'm disappointed" talk lol but otherwise he's not going to do anything to you haha... Bad doc if he hasn't had you do bloods in over a year and he's prescribed you trt.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I got 5 weeks till blood work, time for me to start manipulating the results.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I got 5 weeks till blood work, time for me to start manipulating the results.
I never do that lol I always just tell the doc "so yeah before you open that here's what happened" lol he always just tells me maybe I shouldn't do that and then carries on

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
isn't 5 weeks a bit early? I guess I'm not sure what your protocol is but it sounds like a long time
I tapper back the dose slowly

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My Dr. suggested I take DHEA as for blood work go with the normal dose for about 4 weeks and take the week off before blood work. I have been fooling my DR for 15 years !
Hey bro do you use the real stuff? I am on TRT and might need some advice> I think you helped on one cycle of mine in the past

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey bro do you use the real stuff? I am on TRT and might need some advice> I think you helped on one cycle of mine in the past
Yes, mine come from a local pharmacy. I'm going for blood work next week

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
local pharmacy? So you do not blast then? OR are you in a more "Supplement friendly" coountry?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
local pharmacy? So you do not blast then? OR are you in a more "Supplement friendly" coountry?
I'm in the USA and using a Dr. prescribed medicine !