TRT Doctor

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So I just finished a long cyp / Var cycle and I’m NOT looking forward to losing all this libido and size. Yeah, I know i can do some stuff to keep my gains but getting here and staying here on cycle is nice and I look and feel great. When I’m natty and I miss a weekend of workout I feel like like I go back to zero - 40 years old

I’m thinking of doing some preliminary trt discovery and just don’t wanna be rubber stamped by some doctor or spit into a vial for some online company. Does anyone have any experience with real doctors for real prescribed trt? Care to share?

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m 35. Been on trt for 3 years and love it. I just don’t love paying for it. Honestly the only reason I have is because good trt docs at trt clinics usually know a lot more than a primary cAre or even endocrinologist when it comes to TRT.
At this point I’m looking at 3 options come the first of the year. A) Self administer my own TRT B) find an online clinic that’s cheaper C) Crash my test and go back to a primary care doctor and try to get it covered by my insurance. And hope doctor listens to me when it comes to treatment protocol.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’m 35. Been on trt for 3 years and love it. I just don’t love paying for it. Honestly the only reason I have is because good trt docs at trt clinics usually know a lot more than a primary cAre or even endocrinologist when it comes to TRT.
At this point I’m looking at 3 options come the first of the year. A) Self administer my own TRT B) find an online clinic that’s cheaper C) Crash my test and go back to a primary care doctor and try to get it covered by my insurance. And hope doctor listens to me when it comes to treatment protocol.
How much are you paying? And why are not not self administered?

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How much are you paying? And why are not not self administered?
35 dollars a week. Plus the cost of blood work when needed. When I say self administer I mean buying UGL test and not getting through a doctor. I may self administer now, I obviously didn’t know enough about it in the beginning.And running non pharmaceutical grade test long term isn’t that appealing. But the cost saving are tremendous

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
35 dollars a week. Plus the cost of blood work when needed. When I say self administer I mean buying UGL test and not getting through a doctor. I may self administer now, I obviously didn’t know enough about it in the beginning.And running non pharmaceutical grade test long term isn’t that appealing. But the cost saving are tremendous
UGL test? Underground?
Are you pinning at home on trt now or no?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve been on TRT for 7 years and I currently go to an integrative medicine dr. I am more than pleased with their approach to TRT. Seek one out in your area and see what you think.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been on TRT for 7 years and I currently go to an integrative medicine dr. I am more than pleased with their approach to TRT. Seek one out in your area and see what you think.
is that real doctor in a clinic that handles all things like this - like an endo ir a urologist? Or is this a "men's clinic"

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes underground test. Not from pharmacy.
I usually inject at home. Cost is the same regardless
for trt I think it’s essential to get a prescription and get pharma gear to be honest.

no UGL invests in the equipment to filter all the heavy metals and whilst in the short term (few years) that’s no issue, over 5,10,15 years that’s gonna build up in the body and cause issues.

it’s possible to buy proper pharma if you have the connects of course (I happen to have some now) but that doesn’t last forever so personally I’d want the ability to let my body clear out all the **** every now and again by running pharma only.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
for trt I think it’s essential to get a prescription and get pharma gear to be honest.

no UGL invests in the equipment to filter all the heavy metals and whilst in the short term (few years) that’s no issue, over 5,10,15 years that’s gonna build up in the body and cause issues.

it’s possible to buy proper pharma if you have the connects of course (I happen to have some now) but that doesn’t last forever so personally I’d want the ability to let my body clear out all the **** every now and again by running pharma only.
Yeah I feel the same way - If I wanna play here and there and cycle once or twice a year then fine. But if I go on trt I'm going super legit through a hospital doctor - not a "rubber stamp" doctor.

Those "pill mills" have "real" doctors in them also - doesn't make it good, honest or right.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Yeah I totally agree. That’s the reason I haven’t done it and don’t really plan on doing it. Hopefully I can switch to a regular doctor and get insurance to cover. Problem is I’m going to have to allow my test to crash for 6 weeks before I go in to get bloodwork before insurance will cover

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
is that real doctor in a clinic that handles all things like this - like an endo ir a urologist? Or is this a "men's clinic"
No they’re real dr’s. It’s not one of these “men’s clinics” at all. Integrative dr’s look for the root cause of a problem versus treating symptoms. They’re very thorough in treating patients.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
No they’re real dr’s. It’s not one of these “men’s clinics” at all. Integrative dr’s look for the root cause of a problem versus treating symptoms. They’re very thorough in treating patients.
where is this located?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah I totally agree. That’s the reason I haven’t done it and don’t really plan on doing it. Hopefully I can switch to a regular doctor and get insurance to cover. Problem is I’m going to have to allow my test to crash for 6 weeks before I go in to get bloodwork before insurance will cover
im in the uk so unsure of how the system works in the USA.

whilst we have free healthcare (and to be fair it’s fucking good) they aren’t keen on getting people on trt, that said people on here have done it (someone recently linked me to their uk nhs journey) so it’s possible for sure. I’m cruising and blasting for a few years and then when I come off the odds are I’ll be low enough to get prescribed (and if I bounce back to a decent level that’s great, I’ll take some time off and then reassess

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
im in the uk so unsure of how the system works in the USA.

whilst we have free healthcare (and to be fair it’s fucking good) they aren’t keen on getting people on trt, that said people on here have done it (someone recently linked me to their uk nhs journey) so it’s possible for sure. I’m cruising and blasting for a few years and then when I come off the odds are I’ll be low enough to get prescribed (and if I bounce back to a decent level that’s great, I’ll take some time off and then reassess
In the states most insurances will pay for it if you test low enough. But it has to be really low. Less than 280ng/dL last time I checked. So that’s problem 1. Problem 2 is find a doctor that is educated enough on the subject to prescribe a good protocol.

when I first tried to get put on TRT I tested at a 296. Doctor wouldn’t prescribe because I wasn’t below the 280 mark. Idiots. So I went to a male anti aging clinic and started paying for it

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
In the states most insurances will pay for it if you test low enough. But it has to be really low. Less than 280ng/dL last time I checked. So that’s problem 1. Problem 2 is find a doctor that is educated enough on the subject to prescribe a good protocol.

when I first tried to get put on TRT I tested at a 296. Doctor wouldn’t prescribe because I wasn’t below the 280 mark. Idiots. So I went to a male anti aging clinic and started paying for it
thats the only crappy part - is that you have to go to a male anti aging clinic where they're just cranking them out

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

from what I’ve heard problem 2 is a massive issue in the uk. We lag somewhat behind you guys in it being accepted and as they would be paying for it lifelong they try like **** not to apparently.

that said it does seem to be improving.

im ok for a while as I’ve enough pharma to run two 3 month gaps inbetween blasts (plus my deca for my next blast is pharma) so I’m hoping by the time I come off and test they are banging out scripts for 200mg cyp a week 🤣🤣

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar

I went to my primary care doc and was at 101 ng/dl....i was prescribed 200mg EOW, but talked to doc into letting me inject at home....i now do 100 per week. Sometimes more. All covered by insurance.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I went to my primary care doc and was at 101 ng/dl....i was prescribed 200mg EOW, but talked to doc into letting me inject at home....i now do 100 per week. Sometimes more. All covered by insurance.
So what do you do when you blast?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
So what do you do when you blast?
I dont blast...just cruise at this dose...he usually prescribes extra where I could run 200mg if i wanted indefinitely

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I could probably save them up and run a short blast from time to time

prestoner

Awards
  • First Up Vote
You could try going to the TRT clinic first for a few months get your bloodwork stabilized then go in to your PCP with bloodwork, meds, dosing, on paper. My PCP is totally happy prescribing 150mg every week and checking all my bloods every 3 months.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You could try going to the TRT clinic first for a few months get your bloodwork stabilized then go in to your PCP with bloodwork, meds, dosing, on paper. My PCP is totally happy prescribing 150mg every week and checking all my bloods every 3 months.
Where you located at roughly?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That is about as likely as me waking up to a finished single seat personal jet plane in my backyard tomorrow morning.

Here where I am from they give people a gram of test undeca. Every 90 days
I don't know who the hell can dial in their hormones this way its completely ridicoulous

Last edited:
Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That is about as likely as me waking up to a finished single seat personal jet plane in my backyard tomorrow morning.

Here where I am from they give people a gram of test undeca. Every 90 days
I don't know who the hell can dial in their hormones this way its completely ridicoulous
Yikes

prestoner

Awards
  • First Up Vote
my dad was on undeconate for years think he did 4cc's every 3 month and was "good" not saying he was dialed in like we like to be but when he went back his numbers were in range... that being said id totally take the nebido every 3 months and add a weekly booster of enanthate for 2 out of the 3 months.

brandlife

brandlife

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So I just wanted to follow back up on this thread. I spoke to 2 online trt clinics and visited 2 local doctors. The doctor that I actually had luck with with was an integrative medicine doctor, and funny enough, a woman. Her fee was 500.00 for her "intake" interview but all medications and labs are under insurance. She was friendly and nice and I told her all of my AAS use in the past and felt comfortable doing so.

IMO you can't have it all (as its been said before) - it almost seems like the the more legit they are and hospital affiliated they less they know and unwilling to prescibe meds and the more "mens clinic" they are they more experienced they are and willing to prescribe. Personally, I pay SO much money a month for insurance for my family that I'd like to have it covered and after "interviewing" docs, I'm able to.