TRT Clinics

cameronb10873

cameronb10873

Awards
Hello everyone,

I've done a lot of searching around in the forums and can't find a lot of specific information about TRT clinics, so I thought it'd be helpful to not only me but other people to start a thread about this topic.

I get most of my meals from a place called Fit Foods here in the Denver Tech Center, where I live. They do a lot of deals with local businesses to get promotional deals for their customers (I run a financial practice and they've even sent me clients). This morning, I saw some cards for a free hormone panel with purchase of a B12 injection at a wellness clinic near where I live (it's literally across the street from my condo in an office building) so I went to check it out this afternoon because free blood work. I walked in and found immediately that it was a TRT clinic. I asked to sit down with someone and just get the lowdown on how everything worked, mostly just for the other stuff, because I thought you needed a prescription to use TRT. It turns out, that even if my test levels are in range, they can "prescribe" a TRT program for $250 a month that includes labs 4x per year. I have done lots of research about AAS and have done some cycles of things like Tren, Anavar, Hexadrone, and DMZ. I've never pinned test before though, so my knowledge in this arena is a little spotty.

According to the woman I spoke to, taking TRT, even for LONG periods of time (1+ years) doesn't crash your body's ability to produce test when you come off of it. She says that designer steroids are "foreign compounds" and that's why you run the risk of heavy suppression leading to a complete crash. Correct me if I'm wrong here... any anabolic compound will "mimic" testosterone in the body, causing your testes to slow down or stop natural production. It shouldn't matter what the compound is, if you're introducing anything into your body that wasn't made in your balls, it should be foreign, no? What are the effects of using TRT for a long period of time - say like 6 months to a year? I'm continuing to do my own research while I wait for responses on here, and I'm going to continue meeting with them (to get my B12 and free bloodwork) so I will keep asking further and further questions, but I was hoping to get some links or experience, or for someone to point me in the right direction here. I'm 30, for reference, so the idea of being on TRT for life sounds horrible. I'm not looking to do anything with them, but if it does end up being a safe way to get test, I wouldn't be opposed. Even to cycling.

Thanks in advance for any input or sources anyone has. Hopefully this topic is helpful for others.

Cameron

Project223

Project223

Awards
  • First Up Vote
In my opinion you should stick to cycles like you’ve done in past. TRT should be looked at as a lifelong commitment. 6 month cycles of a trt dose probably won’t yield the gains you’re looking for and there is no guarantee you will come back in range naturally or regain fertility.

TRT clinics that don’t accept insurance and don’t care that your numbers are already good walking in the door are like walking into a car dealership. They’ll tell you what you want to hear to make a sale. A lot of them also have a 12 month initial contract which might be why she said 12 months will not shut you down. I’m not saying the clinics are bad. Just go in knowing that a concierge clinic is trying to sell you a program with their own interests/profit in mind. And you are going in pre educated and willing to pay a premium for a service that is otherwise hard to come by.

There are also plenty of telemedicine clinics out there that will do it cheaper and give more flexibility on your protocol. This allows you to order prescriptions from a menu and shipped directly from the compounding pharmacy. Some brick and mortar clinics will sell you a cooky cutter protocol that they buy in bulk.

Antlion

Awards
Just to verify you've run Tren before? Supposedly that will shut you down pretty well as well. The majority of these clinics are just pushing low dose test cycles 100-250. The duration of the cycle will play a role in how shut down you are, plus the number of compounds in a stack (test/var/deca/dien) but even then I've heard of people getting off test only and somewhat recovering after 5 or more years of use. Its just not going to be ideal. But anyways like he said above if your just looking at it from the stand point of getting legal test then going through an on-line clinic would be a more financially practical legal route.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Egads 250 a month I could hop on a full 10wk cycle for less

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1 year on test will most definitely shut you done, sure it’s possible to recover with a strong PCT but for $250 a month it’s not worth it. Those clinics don’t care about you what so ever, they’re only after your money.

cameronb10873

cameronb10873

Awards
In my opinion you should stick to cycles like you’ve done in past. TRT should be looked at as a lifelong commitment. 6 month cycles of a trt dose probably won’t yield the gains you’re looking for and there is no guarantee you will come back in range naturally or regain fertility.

TRT clinics that don’t accept insurance and don’t care that your numbers are already good walking in the door are like walking into a car dealership. They’ll tell you what you want to hear to make a sale. A lot of them also have a 12 month initial contract which might be why she said 12 months will not shut you down. I’m not saying the clinics are bad. Just go in knowing that a concierge clinic is trying to sell you a program with their own interests/profit in mind. And you are going in pre educated and willing to pay a premium for a service that is otherwise hard to come by.

There are also plenty of telemedicine clinics out there that will do it cheaper and give more flexibility on your protocol. This allows you to order prescriptions from a menu and shipped directly from the compounding pharmacy. Some brick and mortar clinics will sell you a cooky cutter protocol that they buy in bulk.
I appreciate the feedback. They prescribe hCG with their protocol to keep you from becoming infertile, I guess. They didn't test Free or Bioavailable testosterone, just my total test, which was measured at 498ng/dL. I see that this is well within range, though it is on the low side. I'm going to try and see my PCP about it and see what they say.

cameronb10873

cameronb10873

Awards
I've worked in sales and finance since I have been out of the military and I got a very strong impression that they were trying to make a sale. I haven't even spoken to an actual doctor yet and they were ready to give me my "first month" of injections on the spot when I went in to get my numbers. I stated in my previous post that my total testosterone is at 498ng/dL which, while not ideal, isn't "low" in terms of what research I've done over the last ten years or so on this topic.

They suggested 160mg a week plus hCG and an AI. I wouldn't mind being on it for a year or so if it would keep my levels on the higher end of the natural reference range, say ~1,000ng/dL, if the hCG and a good PCT would get me restarted. I was about to run a light cycle of hexadrone, but now I'm paranoid about my "low test" lol.

I know there are threads for this and I did my diligence reading through but sometimes the answers aren't specific to your personal situation. Isn't that what makes a forum different from reading articles? I appreciate all the feedback. Knowing my levels, I'll probably just focus on seeing what I can do to increase them naturally for a while before starting something that I'll likely have to be on indefinitely.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Forget the fact you ever went there man! She lied her ass off when she said your natural production couldn’t be suppressed after 1 year on test. I can’t imagine how many guys they have suckered with that statement.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate the feedback. They prescribe hCG with their protocol to keep you from becoming infertile, I guess. They didn't test Free or Bioavailable testosterone, just my total test, which was measured at 498ng/dL. I see that this is well within range, though it is on the low side. I'm going to try and see my PCP about it and see what they say.
want me to tell you what your pcp is going to tell you? :geek:

btw-welcome to AM

cameronb10873

cameronb10873

Awards
want me to tell you what your pcp is going to tell you? :geek:
I use the VA. My PCP is going to tell me to pound sand unless my test levels are below 2ng/dL lol.

I've tried to get my levels checked through them before and they send in some smoking hot resident to ask if I have sexual dysfunction. I know I just need to lie and say yes and boom, they'll test me, but some primitive part of my brain thinks if I tell her the truth, we'll have sex right then and there. I've always been around 470-500 which I know isn't super low, but hearing someone tell me that I have low test and trying to get me on TRT in a clinic setting just fucks with my head.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I use the VA. My PCP is going to tell me to pound sand unless my test levels are below 2ng/dL lol.

I've tried to get my levels checked through them before and they send in some smoking hot resident to ask if I have sexual dysfunction. I know I just need to lie and say yes and boom, they'll test me, but some primitive part of my brain thinks if I tell her the truth, we'll have sex right then and there. I've always been around 470-500 which I know isn't super low, but hearing someone tell me that I have low test and trying to get me on TRT in a clinic setting just fucks with my head.
lol...i know all about the VA.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why not go the TRT route and just do your own cycles. Come off and go on when you want. At least it would be legal and you would get a good source. Who says you have to stay on for a year..

cameronb10873

cameronb10873

Awards
Why not go the TRT route and just do your own cycles. Come off and go on when you want. At least it would be legal and you would get a good source. Who says you have to stay on for a year..
I don't think they would give me more than 160-200mg per week +hCG so I feel like I would need to be on a pretty long cycle to see benefits of that, right?

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Do you know of any specific telemedicine clinics that offer a menu?

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't think they would give me more than 160-200mg per week +hCG so I feel like I would need to be on a pretty long cycle to see benefits of that, right?
Sign up with them, delay the start of your cycle and you will have plenty. Then once you come off start building your supply back up again. All legal