TRT bloodwork

vladimirb68

Awards
Hi!
What things should I ask for on bloodwork. My Dr isn’t super knowledgeable about, just going thru him to get labs because of insurance coverage. From my research it looks like I need:
Free and total test
LH/fst
Estrogen

anything else you’d recommend checking for? Thanks

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi!
What things should I ask for on bloodwork. My Dr isn’t super knowledgeable about, just going thru him to get labs because of insurance coverage. From my research it looks like I need:
Free and total test
LH/fst
Estrogen

anything else you’d recommend checking for? Thanks
Make sure he does the estrogen sensitivity test. It’s more accurate for males. Also you need a full CBC, thyroid and libids panel.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You’re on trt and you have to ask your doctor which blood works he should do? Change doctor ASAP this doesn’t make any sense??? Or are you on self administered trt rather?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you’re on TRT you also should be keeping an eye on DHEA, Pregnenolone, & SHBG levels because those can decline over time.

In addition to the other great suggestions above.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you’re on TRT you also should be keeping an eye on DHEA, Pregnenolone, & SHBG levels because those can decline over time.

In addition to the other great suggestions above.
yes...been on trt for around a dozen years now and run dermacrine or bottle of td preg at least 3 times yearly.

vladimirb68

Awards
You’re on trt and you have to ask your doctor which blood works he should do? Change doctor ASAP this doesn’t make any sense??? Or are you on self administered trt rather?
Not on trt, just looking to get evaluated. Sorry about the confusion

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not on trt, just looking to get evaluated. Sorry about the confusion
As someone also suggested, find another dr that is educated in the latest information on hormone replacement. Most dr’s use old outdated protocols. Look for an integrative medicine dr or ask your local pharmacists who prescribes the most test out of the scripts he fills.