TRT BLOODWORK updated!

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok guys new blood work. I had a lousy libido and I think now I know why.

Total test 925
Free test 919
Shbg 26
Estradiol 5!!!! Lol wtf
Prolactin 6
Hematocrit 49.9
Hemoglobin 16.6
As you can see the estradiol is retardedly low. I should be in the 20-30 range. My current regiment is 200mg cyp per week divided into two 100mg injections every three and a half days. .5mg anastrozole eod and I just started hcg 250iu mon-fri but I wasn't using hcg yet when I got the bloodwork. I think I'm gonna change the anastrozole to .25 eod. That outta get the e2 back to a normal range. Also I am starting boxing again and I see my hematocrit is border line. I'm thinking a higher crit would be beneficial for cardio exercise like boxing. Should I keep it like this or donate? Thoughts, opinions? Thanks guys

Mesomorphin

Awards
My advice would be to donate soon. Otherwise, you may find yourself in a situation where you will need to do a double red donation to keep things in check. Nothing wrong with that, but I think you will feel a bigger impact on cardio from a double red than you will from periodic single donations.

Also, when I crept up higher (hematocrit somewhre between 18.5 and 19), I could literally feel my heart pounding during workouts, and I definitely had elevated blood pressure. It took quite a few donation units to get it to a good level, so there was no quick fix.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Definitely watch your RBC and hematocrit! That could be a stroke or heart attack waiting to happen, donate blood asap

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anastrozole at 0.5 mg EOD is way too high. It will take months to recover E2. Agree, you should be donating blood. The Red Cross allows whole blood donations every 56 days. Don't wait, schedule an appointment now.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jeez you guys really know how to scare a guy lol. Made an appointment, I'll be donating Tommorow night. I hope I don't lose any strength in the gym :(
Also, anastrozole at .25 eod. Good or bad?

Mesomorphin

Awards
I would not be surprised if you feel it in the gym for a few days. You may not, but I did even when the donation just dropped from a very high number to one that was still elevated. That said, to keep it in perspective: 1) a couple of days of slightly less intense workouts is a small price to pay to protect your health; 2) some docs would cut back on TRT if your blood work gets too far out of line, so you can think of this as an investment in keeping your T levels up; and 3) sooner or later, if you don't take care of it, you are going to feel your thick blood in the gym, so you might as well get it over with. (Plus, your donation WILL help someone else, and that ought to be worth a little inconvenience.)

I don't have any info about the anastrozole, although I am curious about your low E2 levels. I thought I read that low E2 levels have their own sets of side effects including potentially adverse effects on libido at a certain level. Did you have any complaints or is this just something that showed up in your lab work?

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My libido is close to dead. But having an estradiol of 5 probably has something to do with it. I'm hoping that once it climbs up, so will my sexual desires

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My libido is close to dead. But having an estradiol of 5 probably has something to do with it. I'm hoping that once it climbs up, so will my sexual desires
Your libido will improve as E2 rises. For me it's around high 20's low 30's. You need to stop all Anastrozole now until the E2 recovers. There is a great FB page called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion. It's run by E****male dot com. They also have website forums. Great information there.

For reference, I'm dosing 50 mg testosterone cypionate every 3.5 days and 0.25 mg Anastrozole one day after injection. My last E2 was 24 and TT was 582 on morning of injection day.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to say that the concern over your hematocrit are a little overboard. That number is not bad, but if you keep test numbers up like that you could run into issues later. You can adjust dose, donate, and/or a combination of both. Also, keep in mind that most blood work is done in the morning when you are not properly hydrated and that can alter those numbers quite a bit. I have seen differences in 3pt due to dehydration.

Don't know where you live, but doctors here don't show concern until you reach the 55 level- due to the elevation here.

And like kenpo said, your libido will go up with proper levels of estrogen. I feel best in low 20s.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to say that the concern over your hematocrit are a little overboard. That number is not bad, but if you keep test numbers up like that you could run into issues later. You can adjust dose, donate, and/or a combination of both. Also, keep in mind that most blood work is done in the morning when you are not properly hydrated and that can alter those numbers quite a bit. I have seen differences in 3pt due to dehydration.

Don't know where you live, but doctors here don't show concern until you reach the 55 level- due to the elevation here.

And like kenpo said, your libido will go up with proper levels of estrogen. I feel best in low 20s.
Awesome man. Well anyways, I'll be donating a pint in an hour and a half and I lowered the anastrozole to .25 eod and then the following week I'll do .25 Mon Wed Fri and leave it at that. I hope that by donating blood I don't lose too much of my progress

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, no problem. My endo, who happens to treat a lot of athletes, said that it is not uncommon to see some of the guys training up in the mountains with 60% levels. That number seems crazy to me.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would cut back to .25 mg on injection days. 200 mgs is still a lot to be injecting weekly. High T levels can also cause libido issues as well. You have to find your sweet spot.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well after a good amount of tests, 200mg of cyp keeps me between 900-1200 when divided into two 100mg shots which I figured is a perfect place to be for a guy in his late 20s early 30s who trains. As far as the anastrozole goes, I actually have a sensitive aromatise so I'm tapering off slowly. I'll judge it on how I feel plus I started hcg which is known to raise estradiol

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm assuming since you're in your 20's you're taking HCG for fertility purposes. I don't blame you for that. However it's tough to dial in your protocol with HCG due to the sides. Not impossible....just difficult. Don't get caught up in being near the top of the scale on total T due to your age and training. There's guys who do much better in the 6-7 hundred range. It's just varies from person to person.