TRT Bloodwork Consultation Question and My Story

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Good morning AM brothas!

I apologize in advance this post is going to be a little dark to start, but I am hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

Long time member here, was pretty active from 2008 to 2013 but kind of fell off the workout bandwagon from about 2013 to 2022. I have been back to lifting regularly for about 16 months. So a little over a year ago my doctor wanted to put me on TRT. My total test was around 350, some times a tad higher. I put it off because wife and I wanted to try for a kid and were having issues.

Fast forward to 2 months ago. I finally couldn't take the way I was feeling anymore. Increased bouts of depression and anxiety, barely sleeping, no energy, fatigued all the time, no motivation. I have always been the kind of guy who easily pushed depression to the side and always thought "there is always tomorrow" so when my depression that happened like once a year feeling like I wasn't doing enough with my life went to depressive thoughts every other week and sometimes every week... I started realizing I needed to do something. This is probably way too much information but I was sitting on my couch one night after an argument with my wife and the thought to go upstairs and put a bullet in my head came across as smooth as butter. It scared the ever living **** out of me, because I am very against suicide and I would never do that to my family... but the fact the thought came so easily.

So the next day I scheduled an appointment with my doctor and I've been on TRT since (about 8 weeks).

FYI - 38m / 6' / 232lbs

Doctors doing protocol:
200mg cyp every 10 days
.5mg anastrozole every 3.5 days

Now given I was around during the pre 2005 ban and fucked around with a lot of prohormones/prosteroids (M1T, HDrol, Epistane, ect) I do a lot of research on ****. I chose not to take the anastrozole until I got my first bloods back.

My first bloods result yesterday on my 5 day trough:
Total Test: 1459.9
Estradiol: 79
PSA: normal
CBC: normal

So far I feel fucking amazing. My energy is great, depression and anxiety are basically gone, sleeping great, workouts and recovery are phenomenal. I haven't really seen any sides except maybe a little water retention and it may be in my mind but I feel like my hair is thinning a bit. No sensitive nipples or mood swings.

So here begins my questions. I wish my doctor would request more tests including free test, shbg, and all my liver and kidney function. So I am planning to run my own bloods here in the next dose or two. I am not heavily concerned with the high total test or e2 and a lot of research I am seeing saying if your E2 is high but not seeing sides let it run. However my concern is that I don't want any potential issues with running high long term.

I initially took my questions to reddit, which I should know better because those guys over there can be brutal. Every answer was find a new doctor, you're doctor is a fucking idiot. I am going to be straight up that I have no intention of finding a new doctor. It was hard enough for me to find someone that would script me trt to begin with and paying $100-200 a month for a clinic is out of the question when I get my script from the pharmacy for dirt cheap.

So I plan to get my own bloods and I am looking for either someone who is a pro at this **** to consult with or suggestions on a company to consult with. That way I can maintain my own dosing protocol under someone or a company that knows what's best for my health/wellbeing. Looking for suggestions on that and where to get bloods done that have the indicators I am looking for and doesn't break the bank. If I remember right LifeExtension "weight loss panels" don't have shgb.

EDIT: I am actually wondering if those numbers are inflated. I just realized I may have not been fully in to my trough yet. I last injected at about 1030-11pm on Saturday and went in for bloods at 7am yesterday. That's a full 15ish hours ahead of my 5 day trough.

Thanks AM brothas and happy friday!

Last edited:
FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Also looking for some advice on protecting what is left of my hair. Doctor already agreed to script fin but the research is all over on fin. After watching a bunch of videos from Derek at More Plates More Dates I at least want to start microneedling and keto shampoo.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Glad that you are feeling great on the TRT!

I’m sure one of the members will jump in that have more experience. I don’t have any experience in this area, the only thing I was wondering is have you just flat out asked your doctor about the more extensive blood panels? Also wondering if they will pull a more extensive blood later on down the road, how long have you been running the protocol?